The fourth beast in Daniel 7 who devours the whole earth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
4th beast – dreadful and terrible, strong with iron teeth (grabs hold and will not let go easily), it devoured, crushed, and trampled down…….arrogant. claws of bronze v19 ROME, the Casars reign

It was different from the other beasts…. One difference is that this beast brings religious overtones to their rule, making themselves to be gods (Emporer Worship)…..Another difference was the size of this beast’s empire, which extended from England to Egypt, they truly had conquered the world.

had 10 horns (the 10 conquered nations of the Roman Empire)

1. Heruli 2. Suevi 3. Burgundians 4. Huns 5. Ostrogoths 6. Vandals

7. Lombards 8. Franks 9. Visigoths 10. Anglo Saxons

3 of these fell to the other 7 (three horns torn out by the roots, which means they did not rise again but their territory
stayed with the nations that conquered it)

These three horns are: Heruli, defeated 493 BC, Vandals, defeated 534 BC, and Ostrogoths, defeated 553 BC. These nations were swallowed up in the nations that defeated them.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
^^^ that's straight out of the Amill handbook 300 years out of date.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hello brother TabinRivCA,
Hint, the curse causing all the earth's environmental destruction in Isaiah 24, is the same curse which goes over the face of the whole earth in Zechariah 5.

Isaiah 24:6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

Zechariah 5:3 Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for every one that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and every one that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it.
OK thx for the info, just from way back I thought of the pole shift when it says 'the earth turns upside down', and btw I'm a gal. That's one thing I know for sure!

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
OK thx for the info, just from way back I thought of the pole shift when it says 'the earth turns upside down', and btw I'm a gal. That's one thing I know for sure!
A pole shift is also definitely in the works sister according to the scientific data; possibly in the next several centuries. A pole shift, however, is not the curse in Isaiah 24 and Zechariah 5.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
4th beast – dreadful and terrible, strong with iron teeth (grabs hold and will not let go easily), it devoured, crushed, and trampled down…….arrogant. claws of bronze v19 ROME, the Casars reign

It was different from the other beasts…. One difference is that this beast brings religious overtones to their rule, making themselves to be gods (Emporer Worship)…..Another difference was the size of this beast’s empire, which extended from England to Egypt, they truly had conquered the world.

had 10 horns (the 10 conquered nations of the Roman Empire)

1. Heruli 2. Suevi 3. Burgundians 4. Huns 5. Ostrogoths 6. Vandals

7. Lombards 8. Franks 9. Visigoths 10. Anglo Saxons

3 of these fell to the other 7 (three horns torn out by the roots, which means they did not rise again but their territory
stayed with the nations that conquered it)

These three horns are: Heruli, defeated 493 BC, Vandals, defeated 534 BC, and Ostrogoths, defeated 553 BC. These nations were swallowed up in the nations that defeated them.
In Daniel 7 we see a ten horned beast described, which is also described in Revelation 13 having seven heads. In Daniel 8 we see a he-goat with a prominent horn whose air force (without touching the ground) after defeating Media and Persia (corresponding with Iran and Iraq today) secedes into four kingdoms, represented by four horns.
Being the same entity with seven heads, the beast would then comprise seven horns (nations military's) prior to secession.
These 7 heads are the G-7 today.
Daniel 8:5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
In Daniel 7 there appears a fourth beast different from the three other beasts as it devours the whole earth.
Easy peasy - Rome
Both imperial but then Europe and the Roman Catholic Church and her Papacy.
Colonization of many less developed lands and peoples in South America, Mexico, etc; Africa, Asia, China, Oceania, the world …
A worldwide earthly religion highly involved in political and economic power, wealth and exploitation.

read Revelation 13:
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Also explained further in Revelation 17 & 18

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Easy peasy - Rome
Both imperial but then Europe and the Roman Catholic Church and her Papacy.
Colonization of many less developed lands and peoples in South America, Mexico, etc; Africa, Asia, China, Oceania, the world …
A worldwide earthly religion highly involved in political and economic power, wealth and exploitation.

read Revelation 13:
1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

Also explained further in Revelation 17 & 18
Only problem with these events having occurred in the past is the angel Gabriel informing Daniel in Daniel 8:17 & 19 that the events described to him about the beast and its mouth relate to the current end of the age under Satan, which is also elaborated upon and confirmed occurring at the end of the current age in Daniel 12:4 & 9.

Daniel 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.
19 And he said, Behold, I will make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shall be.
Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.
9 And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
What is interesting in all the posts here so far is that no one has yet to clearly offered an opinion as to who the beast who devours the whole earth at the end of the age represents. No one appears willing to agree with me that it is the nations who consume (devour) the earths resources, and who currently go to war with other nations to secure the natural resources they require to continue in their insatiable quest.
If people here then do not agree that the nations who currently consume most of the worlds resources, and go to war with others for their natural resources do not represent first world nations, and in particular G-7 nations, then please offer some sort of explanation as to who these entities represent, as we are hypothetically now living in the end of the age.

Nov 23, 2013
What is interesting in all the posts here so far is that no one has yet to clearly offered an opinion as to who the beast who devours the whole earth at the end of the age represents. No one appears willing to agree with me that it is the nations who consume (devour) the earths resources, and who currently go to war with other nations to secure the natural resources they require to continue in their insatiable quest.
If people here then do not agree that the nations who currently consume most of the worlds resources, and go to war with others for their natural resources do not represent first world nations, and in particular G-7 nations, then please offer some sort of explanation as to who these entities represent, as we are hypothetically now living in the end of the age.
Didn’t the Roman Empire devour the entire world in Christ’s time?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
And if we are living near the end of the age, we then should be seeing signs in relation to the beast......; is everyone here just afraid to admit to the possibility that the G-7 nations may represent the seven heads of the beast, and thus our being part of the problem?

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
Didn’t the Roman Empire devour the entire world in Christ’s time?
While it is a fact that Rome conquered Europe, the Middle East. and some of North Africa in Christ's time; does Rome constitute the beast with ten horns who devours the whole world at the end of the age as indicated by the angel Gabriel in Daniel 8:17 & 19?

Nov 23, 2013
While it is a fact that Rome conquered Europe, the Middle East. and some of North Africa in Christ's time; does Rome constitute the beast with ten horns who devours the whole world at the end of the age as indicated by the angel Gabriel in Daniel 8:17 & 19?
The entire Old Testament as far as I can see deals with Israel, especially its end.

I think your assumption is that “time of the end” means the second coming of Christ but to me it’s talking about the end of Israel not the end of time.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
The entire Old Testament as far as I can see deals with Israel, especially its end.

I think your assumption is that “time of the end” means the second coming of Christ but to me it’s talking about the end of Israel not the end of time.
How was Rome diverse from all other nations/beasts before it who conquered other nations?
Did not Nebuchadnezzar, Babylon, and the Chaldeans not also conquer many nations?
What about the ten horns, how do these represent ancient Rome?
The answer about the beast with ten horns in Daniel 7 which is the same beast with ten horns in Revelation 13, which has seven heads is provided in Daniel 8 where the he goat with the notable horn which secedes into four horns, indicates that prior to its secession the beast would have consisted of seven horns to its seven heads.

Daniel 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The problem is you are using the "whole world" without it's biblical context and how they understood what was meant:

John 12:19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

Which bits of the world went after him?

Apr 15, 2017
Daniel chapter 7.

Dan 7:1 In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told the sum of the matters.
Dan 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
Dan 7:3 And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from another.

Daniel had a vision of the last 4 kingdoms on earth.

Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, Roman Empire.

They were diverse from each other which is human religion, human wisdom, physical cruelty, and pushing for power, territory.

Although all 4 kingdoms went by the 4 ways there was one of those ways that was their chief mode of operation.

Dan 7:4 The first was like a lion, and had eagle's wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were plucked, and it was lifted up from the earth, and made stand upon the feet as a man, and a man's heart was given to it.

The first is Babylon, which represents human religion, the occult.

It had eagle's wings for they had the revelation of God, and when king Nebuchadnezzar ruled he proclaimed throughout his kingdom that everyone should acknowledge the God of Israel, for He is the greatest God of the gods, and anybody that said anything amiss against Him was cut in pieces, and their house made a dunghill.

When the king died his son took the throne, and took the vessels out of the temple of the LORD, and drank out of them praising false gods, and the eagle's wings were plucked, they lost the revelation of God, and then became known as the kingdom of man.

Babylon is the most preferred Gentile kingdom and referred to as gold, but she blew it, and America has a system like Babylon, and allows the God of Israel to be worshipped, but she too will blow it.

Dan 7:5 And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up itself on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it: and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

The second is Medo-Persia, and represents physical cruelty.

It raised itself up on one side might mean the Persian influence was greater in that union.

The 3 ribs are probably 3 nations Babylon, Lydia, and Egypt.

Dan 7:6 After this I beheld, and lo another, like a leopard, which had upon the back of it four wings of a fowl; the beast had also four heads; and dominion was given to it.

The third is Greece, and represents human wisdom.

The 4 wings of a fowl might mean they flew above the other nations, higher mathematics, science, philosophy, medicine.

The 4 heads are 4 generals that ruled 1 section of 4 sections of the kingdom after Alexander the Great died.

Dan 7:7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns.

The fourth beast is the Roman Empire, which represents pushing for power, territory.

It was diverse from the other kingdoms for it was the most determined to push for territory, and dominion.

The ten horns are in the future, the world split in to ten sections will a leader in each section, when the nations come together and says Peace and safety as they try to establish peace on earth.

Dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

The little horn is the antichrist, man of sin, New Age Christ.

The 3 horns plucked up by the roots is 3 sections of the world devastated by war, which is the Arab nations when Islam fights against the world when they come together for the unified religious system is based on the occult, and evolution, and people can still evolve, and will not allow anything to be taught, or spread, contrary to that, or it is a hate crime, which they also stop the preaching of the Gospel, and the time that the world will not endure sound doctrine, but want to hear the Bible according to the new age movement.

Revelation 9, the 6th trumpet that describes nuclear weapons, and that is why they are plucked up by the roots, and that war will be so terrible that the world will follow the New Age Christ as the solution to have peace on earth.

Dan 7:12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.

The first 3 beasts shall never have dominion again, but their lives were prolonged for a season and time, which means their ways are still on earth.

The Roman Empire does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts down the world.

All 4 kingdom's ways all show up at the beast kingdom in Revelation 13.

Dan 2:34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
Dan 2:35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

Daniel had the same vision, and meaning, but with an image of a man, and the ten toes of the man representing the ten horns.

The image of a man does not fall until Jesus puts down the last kingdom, hits the feet of the image of a man, the beast kingdom in Revelation, for the ways of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece, and the Roman Empire, are still on earth, so they have not fallen yet.

Rev 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
Rev 13:2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

All 4 kingdoms ways are in the beast kingdom, with the Roman Empire having the physical dominion, the ten horns, with the ways of a lion, Babylon, human religion, the occult, the kingdom of man, the ways of a leopard, Greece, human wisdom, and the ways of Medo-Persia, physical cruelty.

This is the kingdom of man in its entirety with no unequal ratio of the 4 ways of man.

For when they ruled when they were a kingdom they went by the 4 ways, but one of those ways was their chief mode of operation, but the other 3 were a minor role whatever the ratio was.

So there has never been the kingdom of man in its entirety, for the 4 ways were unequal in ratio to each other how they operated, and they believed in a higher power, and whatever wisdom they thought he gave them.

But the beast kingdom is the kingdom of man in its entirety with no unequal ratio of the 4 ways, for it is the chief mode of operation of the Roman Empire, world domination, the chief mode of operation of Babylon, human religion, the occult, the kingdom of man, the chief mode of operation of Medo-Persia, physical cruelty to take away everyone that does not follow the beast kingdom, the chief mode of operation of Greece, human wisdom.

World domination, going by their own religion, their own wisdom, and being physically cruel that no other kingdom has done, and acknowledges no personal God.

Dan 7:23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
Dan 7:24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
Dan 7:26 But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
Dan 7:27 And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

The fourth kingdom is the Roman Empire who does not lose her dominion until Jesus puts her down, and then the Roman Empire, Babylon, Medo-Persia, and Greece, will all fall together at that time.

The ten horns shall come from the Roman Empire, which is in the future, the world split in to ten sections with a leader in each section, which 3 sections are put down by the little horn that comes from the ten horns.

Babylon in Revelation is Babylon in spirit, for she will never have physical dominion again, and Babylon represents the kingdom of man when she lost the revelation of God, for the more you know and blow it the harder you fall.

The Roman Empire has the dominion, although it is all nations together, with the spirit of Babylon, human religion, the occult, kingdom of man, for the beast is of the occult, and evolution, and people can still evolve, and will claim to have harnessed the power of nature, and obtained power, evolved, and acknowledges no personal God, but honors the God of forces, or the power of nature as his higher power.

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
The problem is you are using the "whole world" without it's biblical context and how they understood what was meant:

John 12:19 The Pharisees therefore said among themselves, Perceive ye how ye prevail nothing? behold, the world is gone after him.

Which bits of the world went after him?
Why quote the Pharisees concept for their whole world, which was in their immediate vicinity?
Is Gabriel describing the whole world as the immediate vicinity, of the Middle East and Europe?

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
In Daniel 7 we see a ten horned beast described, which is also described in Revelation 13 having seven heads. In Daniel 8 we see a he-goat with a prominent horn whose air force (without touching the ground) after defeating Media and Persia (corresponding with Iran and Iraq today) secedes into four kingdoms, represented by four horns.
Being the same entity with seven heads, the beast would then comprise seven horns (nations military's) prior to secession.
These 7 heads are the G-7 today.
Daniel 8:5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came from the west on the face of the whole earth, and touched not the ground: and the goat had a notable horn between his eyes.
8. The Male goat (Greece) was the big dude on the block until the large horn was broken (Alexander died). Then up came 4 conspicuous horns, the 4 generals of Alexander who divided the kingdom among themselves……Greece is no longer a great power.

Ptolomy – Egypt
Cassander – Mascedonia/Greece
Lysimanchus – Thrace, which is much of Asia Minor
Seleucus (per chapter 7) - Syria

luigi

Dec 6, 2015
8. The Male goat (Greece) was the big dude on the block until the large horn was broken (Alexander died). Then up came 4 conspicuous horns, the 4 generals of Alexander who divided the kingdom among themselves……Greece is no longer a great power.

Ptolomy – Egypt
Cassander – Mascedonia/Greece
Lysimanchus – Thrace, which is much of Asia Minor
Seleucus (per chapter 7) - Syria
Greece was the most technologically advanced nation in the 6th century BC when Daniel received these scriptures about the he-goat representing Greece. When you then take into account that these events correspond to the end times, I then realize the he-goat/ Greece who traverses the whole earth from the west without touching the ground is a metaphor representing today's most technologically advanced nations air force, who goes off to destroy Media and Persia, which today correspond with Iraq and Iran.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Greece was the most technologically advanced nation in the 6th century BC when Daniel received these scriptures about the he-goat representing Greece. When you then take into account that these events correspond to the end times, I then realize the he-goat/ Greece who traverses the whole earth from the west without touching the ground is a metaphor representing today's most technologically advanced nations air force, who goes off to destroy Media and Persia, which today correspond with Iraq and Iran.

5. A MALE GOAT (shaggy v21)coming from the west (Greece).

The GOAT had a CONSPICUOUS HORN between his eyes: This is Alexander the Great, who “did not touch the ground”, a word picture of how easily and quickly he conquered every nation he invaded. He did as he pleased (was powerful) and magnified himself ( and he was boastful) His army swept over Asia Minor, Syria, Egypt and Mesopotamia from 334-331 AD….extremely fast for the times.

E

eternally-gratefull

If one looks at the fouth beast, or the 4th empire in both prophesies of Daniel, they will see there are 2 versions of the final beast. The one who is powerful, and the one (the one in Christ’s day)and one who is splintered (Iron and clay) who is on the worlds state immedietaly preceding the return of Christ, and is in fact destroyed by christ himself.