The Friend's Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Sugar Gliders? People have those as pets? Cool! Although, I think our house might be a bit too small to have a creature that glides around (might knock over the potted plants:oops:)

Alas, no animals at the moment. I used to have a cat (she passed away several years ago.) I also raised chickens as a teen, which was fun (they ended up being more like pets because my younger sister and I tamed them as chicks. Big mistake!! *just kidding* They'll follow you around, step on your foot; and if you feed them raisins they'll be your faithful followers forever.... which, on second thought, isn't such a bad idea. Kinda like having fluffy little minions at your side that gives you eggs :ROFL:)

Anyway, if I see your future dog, I'll be sure to tell them you're looking for them (maybe try a 64 mile trek to the closest bigger city; and then maybe you two will run into each other!)

In all seriousness, though, have you thought about checking local animal shelters too? Or are you thinking of starting with a younger dog?
Little minions, that's awesome 😄 could always use some helpers around... note to self: Look into getting some baby minions , ahhh chicks.

Oh, and I'm very serious about people having Sugar Gliders as pets. Seen some for sale on the internet before (you have no idea how tempted was lol). So, not sure if you (or everybody else reading this) know this, they are nocturnal. Don't get me wrong, I would totally come home from work and play "Parachute Pals" with them. Just when they wanted to stay up all night with me and play, I would have to draw the line (something about work and responsibilities or something 😄). I would gladly lead them to the curtains and wait for them to make the climb, then put my arm out to make a mid air landing for them to improve their in air aim (try saying that 5 times fast).

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Well, I pray you get another cat (or S.Glider). Dogs are cool though, could even bring you back another cat, just sayin, as long as he is not one of those "I'm afraid of cats" dogs, which appearently there are to many of those in this world. I will leave you with this sug video.

This is a combo video I found so that they can been seen in many different ways. They are considered Exotic Pets in the U.S. and are legal in some States and in others, appearently cuteness is banned😁. Enjoy!

Watch "SUGAR GLIDERS Flying - Funny & Cute Compilation" on YouTube

P.S., Puppy would be good, but I have no problems budding up with a rescue dog too (as long as he didn't mind the adventures !🦸‍♂️)

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
lilliankeithauthor.wordpress.com
Little minions, that's awesome 😄 could always use some helpers around... note to self: Look into getting some baby minions , ahhh chicks.

Oh, and I'm very serious about people having Sugar Gliders as pets. Seen some for sale on the internet before (you have no idea how tempted was lol). So, not sure if you (or everybody else reading this) know this, they are nocturnal. Don't get me wrong, I would totally come home from work and play "Parachute Pals" with them. Just when they wanted to stay up all night with me and play, I would have to draw the line (something about work and responsibilities or something 😄). I would gladly lead them to the curtains and wait for them to make the climb, then put my arm out to make a mid air landing for them to improve their in air aim (try saying that 5 times fast).

I'm sorry to hear about your cat. Well, I pray you get another cat (or S.Glider). Dogs are cool though, could even bring you back another cat, just sayin, as long as he is not one of those "I'm afraid of cats" dogs, which appearently there are to many of those in this world. I will leave you with this sug video.

This is a combo video I found so that they can been seen in many different ways. They are considered Exotic Pets in the U.S. and are legal in some States and in others, appearently cuteness is banned😁. Enjoy!

Watch "SUGAR GLIDERS Flying - Funny & Cute Compilation" on YouTube

P.S., Puppy would be good, but I have no problems budding up with a rescue dog too (as long as he didn't mind the adventures !🦸‍♂️)

Wow, they have such big eyes! It's adorable. Especially the ones all curled up inside that plastic container! Thanks for sharing the video.

Ah, well, thank you for the condolences. Actually, as much as I like cats, I'd probably do egg laying minions again. Note: minions---Ahem, chickens, as helpers....well, yeah they're 'great help' :LOL: Just saying, if you don't mind them getting underfoot. Working in the garden? No problem! The chickens will abandon everything to dig in the exact spot that you're in. Do you have a garage? Then, if you kept them in there as chicks, they will consider your garage as their coop away from the coop (and cram themselves in odd corners to lay eggs that you may or may not have to crawl to to get :ROFL:)

My older sister has a dog that had a run in with a nasty street cat. Don't blame dogs for being wary of cats. They can be scary sometimes!

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
Wow, they have such big eyes! It's adorable. Especially the ones all curled up inside that plastic container! Thanks for sharing the video.

Ah, well, thank you for the condolences. Actually, as much as I like cats, I'd probably do egg laying minions again. Note: minions---Ahem, chickens, as helpers....well, yeah they're 'great help' :LOL: Just saying, if you don't mind them getting underfoot. Working in the garden? No problem! The chickens will abandon everything to dig in the exact spot that you're in. Do you have a garage? Then, if you kept them in there as chicks, they will consider your garage as their coop away from the coop (and cram themselves in odd corners to lay eggs that you may or may not have to crawl to to get :ROFL:)

My older sister has a dog that had a run in with a nasty street cat. Don't blame dogs for being wary of cats. They can be scary sometimes!
Your very welcome of the videos. I know, right (Sugs being adorable that is, sugs being there short nick they are called by).

I went over to a friend's home this summer. Her and her family have geese on their property. Well the geese had goslings. They did the same thing, following them around. So, when I went over, I got the opportunity to go by and see them, they were following her around at the time. She did this thing where she "passed them off" to me. It was like she stood really close to me and stood still. I then started walking away slowly, then they noticed me moving, so they started following me. It was very, very cool! Not quite minions, but really awesome none the less😉.
And a coop in the garage you day huh? That would be a dirrent coop in the garage then a coop deville 😄.

As far as dogs running away from cats🤔.... Well, cats can be mean, no doubt. But I have seen dogs take on a cougar before to protect their home and go after them in the woods. Meow vs growl....., I've also seen the tinest of kittens scare back a full grown ginormous dog before. Truly sad day for the dog world. Cats have pushed back alligators into the water before! Dogs, your setting the rest of you to look bad, stand up (on all four) and Be Counted as the breed I know you all to be! Find your inner Wolf and scare down those little balls of fur!

Ok, think I may have gotten slightly off track, although never hurts to have a good pep talk😄!

You do any mountain hiking ? Oh the beauty you find at the top is so very worth every second of the climb! Truly God's Country.

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
So what do you like to do?
Ah, I recently started hiking too. Nothing big. Just exploring trails with my family. It's how we found a cool creek. I also enjoy writing stories (mostly for kids.) As for computers.... let's just say that computers and I just tolerate each other :LOL:

What kind of songs do you enjoy playing on the guitar? Any favorite music artists Christian/secular?

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021
Your very welcome of the videos. I know, right (Sugs being adorable that is, sugs being there short nick they are called by).

I went over to a friend's home this summer. Her and her family have geese on their property. Well the geese had goslings. They did the same thing, following them around. So, when I went over, I got the opportunity to go by and see them, they were following her around at the time. She did this thing where she "passed them off" to me. It was like she stood really close to me and stood still. I then started walking away slowly, then they noticed me moving, so they started following me. It was very, very cool! Not quite minions, but really awesome none the less😉.
And a coop in the garage you day huh? That would be a dirrent coop in the garage then a coop deville 😄.

As far as dogs running away from cats🤔.... Well, cats can be mean, no doubt. But I have seen dogs take on a cougar before to protect their home and go after them in the woods. Meow vs growl....., I've also seen the tinest of kittens scare back a full grown ginormous dog before. Truly sad day for the dog world. Cats have pushed back alligators into the water before! Dogs, your setting the rest of you to look bad, stand up (on all four) and Be Counted as the breed I know you all to be! Find your inner Wolf and scare down those little balls of fur!

Ok, think I may have gotten slightly off track, although never hurts to have a good pep talk😄!

You do any mountain hiking ? Oh the beauty you find at the top is so very worth every second of the climb! Truly God's Country.

Aww, that's so sweet! Almost minions are pretty good to have too!
Goslings are so cute. Although, I'm wary of them when they become adults. My friends had a flock of geese also. When I was a kid, I tried to pet one and it bit me on the arm! :oops: So, I learned to be more careful around the cranky ones.

Have you ever seen Fly Away Home? It's a movie about a girl who rescues orphan goslings; when they get older, she must help them fly south. It's a tear jerker.

Coop deville... that's a car, right? :p:LOL: Just kidding! My dad is better at car models than me.

Oh, I've seen those videos of big dogs being unsure of tiny kittens. And I've seen a video of a cat taking on a vicious dog that tried to attack a child (the cat belonged to the child and his family.) But alligators?! That's a whole new level. Have you seen the news video about a man who rescued his puppy from the jaws of a gator? It wasn't a huge 15 foot gator, but it was bigger than the puppy.

I haven't done mountain hiking yet. My brother-in-law loves doing that. I'm more, in the forest trail hiking. Or hiking along beach trails.

HumbleOne

Jul 10, 2021
Ah, I recently started hiking too. Nothing big. Just exploring trails with my family. It's how we found a cool creek. I also enjoy writing stories (mostly for kids.) As for computers.... let's just say that computers and I just tolerate each other :LOL:

What kind of songs do you enjoy playing on the guitar? Any favorite music artists Christian/secular?
Christian mostly. Some finger picking.

Sep 8, 2021
Indianapolis
I actually thought this was a thread for Quaker believers. The Quakers in Indiana call themselves "Friends".
Nonetheless this is a good thread. Idk where to start though. Um.......

HI! HELLO! I'm Holly and I would like to make friends with you.

BlessedByGod

Sep 28, 2019
I actually thought this was a thread for Quaker believers. The Quakers in Indiana call themselves "Friends".

Well hello Holly!
Non-Quaker here😄.
What kind of things to you enjoy doing for fun or hobbies?

Lily-Keith

Jun 11, 2021

Hi there! I'm Lily and also non-quaker! :)