The Glasgow razor boy and eternal security

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
2 things here. 1st I do not pretend to understand everything in scripture ( only believe it ). I am referring to John 6:39 And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that I shall lose none of those He has given Me, but raise them up at the last day.

2ndly to me; falling away means one was somewhere and chose to leave I refer to Hebrews 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age— 6and then have fallen away—to be restored to repentance, because they themselves are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting Him to open shame
And Judas could tick all those boxes but was never saved
he was enlightened, he tasted but didn't imbibe, had a share in Holy Ghost ministry but was never baptised saw miracles which belong to the powers of the age to come.
None of this amounts to being born again.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Election is not unto salvation per se but unto the church. We are predestined and elected to be conformed to the image of the Son of God.
Chosen in Christ before the world was begun to be a people for the praise of God's glorious grace. That's what predestination and election is.

... others can still be saved.
All Of Gods children are predestined.. and will be conformed..Yes!!

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
... it really isn't
Actually it is
if I can’t chose to repent. Than a righteous judge could not condemn me.
you can’t condemn me for unbelief yet prevent me from having the ability to repent

Adelia

Apr 18, 2018
And Judas could tick all those boxes but was never saved
he was enlightened, he tasted but didn't imbibe, had a share in Holy Ghost ministry but was never baptised saw miracles which belong to the powers of the age to come.
None of this amounts to being born again.
Great exampl!

Edify

Jan 27, 2021
Heb 6:4For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

Heb 10:26For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth(salvation, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 28Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 29How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

From https://thechurchsplit.com/index.ph...st-eternal-security-hebrews-64-6-and-1026-29/
The book of Hebrews is written to Jewish Christians. The recipients of the letter appear to be facing severe persecution because of their Christian faith and, as a result, they are facing pressure to return to Judaism. One of the author’s major themes is the superiority of Christ as a priest and sacrifice over and against the Levitical priesthood and the sacrifices conducted under it. This theme of Christ’s superiority functions as an argument for why these Jewish Christians ought to retain their Christian faith and should not return to Judaism. The author is concerned that that the persecution his readers face will cause them to leave Christ, and this is the very reason he is writing. As such, apostasy is literally a theme of the book Hebrews. Affirmation of eternal security, then, does not merely constitute a denial of a few texts found scattered throughout Hebrews. It actually constitutes a denial of the very thesis of the book.

Eternal security is against the Scriptures, for Gos announces judgment against rebels in the OT & NT.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Heb 6:4For it is impossible, in the case of those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, and have shared in the Holy Spirit, 5and have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6and then have fallen away, to restore them again to repentance, since they are crucifying once again the Son of God to their own harm and holding him up to contempt.

Heb 10:26For if we go on sinning deliberately after receiving the knowledge of the truth(salvation, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27but a fearful expectation of judgment, and a fury of fire that will consume the adversaries. 28Anyone who has set aside the law of Moses dies without mercy on the evidence of two or three witnesses. 29How much worse punishment, do you think, will be deserved by the one who has trampled underfoot the Son of God, and has profaned the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and has outraged the Spirit of grace? 30For we know him who said, “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

From https://thechurchsplit.com/index.ph...st-eternal-security-hebrews-64-6-and-1026-29/
The book of Hebrews is written to Jewish Christians. The recipients of the letter appear to be facing severe persecution because of their Christian faith and, as a result, they are facing pressure to return to Judaism. One of the author’s major themes is the superiority of Christ as a priest and sacrifice over and against the Levitical priesthood and the sacrifices conducted under it. This theme of Christ’s superiority functions as an argument for why these Jewish Christians ought to retain their Christian faith and should not return to Judaism. The author is concerned that that the persecution his readers face will cause them to leave Christ, and this is the very reason he is writing. As such, apostasy is literally a theme of the book Hebrews. Affirmation of eternal security, then, does not merely constitute a denial of a few texts found scattered throughout Hebrews. It actually constitutes a denial of the very thesis of the book.

Eternal security is against the Scriptures, for Gos announces judgment against rebels in the OT & NT.
The author of Hebrews is not trying to keep people from losing salvation. He is trying to help those who are not quite sure yet to make the right decision.

Many jews tried this new christian thing out. but their true faith was in the law. That is why they returned to the law.. it was their faith.. Paul is warning them.

As for eternal security being against scripture.. Please study scripture. Scripture is all about the grace of God.. In fact the basis for continued belief and trust in God and the ability to handle our trials and tribulation is the fact we are eternally secure. John wanted us to know we have it so bad he wrote a whole book of the bible telling us how secuire our eternal life is so we can know we have it and continue to believe.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014
We certainly do. All are presented with a choice. That is core Gospel Truth. Belief in this is essential. No one is born saved, and no one is born for the purpose of fueling the fires of Hell.
That you talk full and total credit for, almost like a boast right? If "you" did it then it's a work. How do you not see this as you claiming His glory? It's not yours to claim, sorry.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
He gives the choice and to those He intends He is irresistible .... if He doesn't give the choice ya got no choice.

Pre-destiny and Election [God's choosing] works like this.

To those who God intends to save the Holy Spirit draws them to the Son and they love Him, others are also drawn to Him but they hate Him.
This is not the Gospel. This is not Christianity. What is the source of these weird ideas?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What it means is THAT repentance is a once for all repentance, can't be repeated.
It means that the crucifixion will not be repeated. It does not have to be. It makes ample provision for repentance and returning to the fold.

What we have to do is "remember our first works remember from whence we fell"....come back to the cross.
Yes. That is correct.

Hebrews 3:
12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 15While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

It is only to those who harden their hearts that God gives over to a reprobate mind. Men have the choice to come, and men have the choice to go. God does not carry around a bottle of Gorilla Glue.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
That you talk full and total credit for, almost like a boast right?
Wrong. The Bible attributes boasting to the who believe they can save themselves by good works. The Bible teaches that we come by choosing to come by faith. God made this choice possible by dying on the cross for my sins. The Gospel is simple and clear. Why do so many pretend to not understand?

oyster67

May 24, 2014
If your sin was borne in Christ's own body on the tree 2, 000 years ago...
Yes, because I chose to accept this great salvation...
HOW can it enter heaven?
It will not. It was buried with Christ. Christ blood was she for all time for all people, but only those who call upon the Lord shall profit. This is foundational core Christian Gospel. It is drop-dead simple. How could anyone get it wrong?

C,mon what are you believing?
The Gospel.

John 3:
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
so we are saved, unsaved, saved unsaved, saved unsaved.

I pray you do not die inbetween that period of time you lost salvation, before you repented and were saved again
I have never turned apostate. I have never hardened my heart against my Lord. This does not mean that I have never slipped and repented in timely fashion. God does not require absolute perfection, but He does require that we do our best and retain a semblance of humility. So many seem to want to twist salvation into a big license to sin for the rest of their lives. They want a golden ticket providing lifetime supply of indulgences. Such perversion of God's good Word.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
I have never turned apostate. I have never hardened my heart against my Lord. This does not mean that I have never slipped and repented in timely fashion. God does not require absolute perfection, but He does require that we do our best and retain a semblance of humility. So many seem to want to twist salvation into a big license to sin for the rest of their lives. They want a golden ticket providing lifetime supply of indulgences. Such perversion of God's good Word.
Read your post brother. It is all about I,

The gospel is not about I not doing this, or I not doing that. Or "trying my best"

The gospel is about we are lost. without hope. desperate, bankrupt. And the God of heaven loved us so much in spite of this fact he became man, and died the most horrible death one can imagine. so we could be redeemed in his blood.

You can try you best all you want. your best will not be good enough.

Will you be the pharisee speaking of how you never do this or that.. or will you be the tax collector.l unable to even look up. crying out to God.

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
Salvation is not an Armenian vs Calvin issue

God does not look at two people and say I chose you but you will go to hell..

in the same token. God does not say do your best. and maybe I will save you.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Salvation is from sin so how can it be turned into a license to sin.

The clues to eternal security are in the words God uses.
Saved
for all time
eternal life
everlasting life

... never probation.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
It means that the crucifixion will not be repeated. It does not have to be. It makes ample provision for repentance and returning to the fold.

Yes. That is correct.

Hebrews 3:
12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 15While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

It is only to those who harden their hearts that God gives over to a reprobate mind. Men have the choice to come, and men have the choice to go. God does not carry around a bottle of Gorilla Glue.
... but you are not holding the beginning of your confidence steadfast unto the end. You used to sing I once was lost but now I'm saved but now you are afraid you might be lost again.

The doctrine of probationary salvation [what other word can describe it] is designed to undermine a person's complete faith.

They know they are in the Good Shepherd's hands but they are afraid they may be snatched out.

Then they say something stupid like "ah but we can wriggle free"

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
This is not the Gospel. This is not Christianity. What is the source of these weird ideas?
I wonder at you Oy though I don't doubt I shall see you in glory [cat, hat an' all]

"No man can come to the Son unless the Father draw them"

All men are drawn to Christ when He is lifted up [on the cross]
"To us who believe the cross is the sweet savour of life but to those who reject Him it is the foul stench of death"

"all who are taught of God will come to Me"

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Wrong. The Bible attributes boasting to the who believe they can save themselves by good works. The Bible teaches that we come by choosing to come by faith. God made this choice possible by dying on the cross for my sins. The Gospel is simple and clear. Why do so many pretend to not understand?
but that is exactly what your doctrine means

We are saved by grace through faith [but the probationer says] we can only stay saved by our own efforts [with God's help of course]
They start in the Spirit but now aim to complete the job in their own strength.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
Actually it is
if I can’t chose to repent. Than a righteous judge could not condemn me.
you can’t condemn me for unbelief yet prevent me from having the ability to repent
Look you can choose because Christ has set you FREE.

Before He set you free you had no choice. You were a sinner and you were doomed to die. If God had not come to you with the good news you would be a sinner yet.

And your believing the gospel was accomplished by the workings of the Holy Spirit in your heart. Don't sit there and tell me you believed that Jesus hung on the cross bearing your sins 2, 000 years ago and that 3 days later after every drop of His blood was spilled God raised this same Jesus up alive again.

Don't tell me you believed any of that .... your believing was worked in you by the Holy Ghost.