The Gold Rush (Mining Out A Gold Digger.)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Hey Everyone,

After reading some of the humorous posts (it was all just joking!) about marrying someone for money in the other threads (one person even included a detailed plan :)), I started to think, how would you, personally, be able to spot a gold digger right off the bat? Would you set out a series of carefully laid, baited tests, or... just wait until they outright asked you for things?

This thread is meant to be as laugh-out-loud funny as we can make it, ok? :)

I suppose that the first qualification to be someone a potential gold digger will bat eyes is that you have to have money... which would automatically exclude me... but to some of the guys I dated who didn't have jobs, cars, a place to live, or, basically, goals in life, a will to work, or individual lives... I guess they saw me as a potential gold mine.

I've read here in CC that many guys are saying it's important to them to find someone who can cook... Hmm...

Ok, how about this--if I were dating someone I thought might be a potential digger, I think I'd go to the trouble of cooking him one of his very favorite foods... and then have a fresh, clean, crisp $20 bill sitting next to the plate without saying anything... (if I wanted to get really fancy, I could have my brother fold it into a turkey, flower, other animal, etc.--he's pretty talented at that).

If the money is gone faster than the meal, I'd say it's a very good sign I'm dealing with a digger!!! (Although, if I did have it folded into a fancy shape, I suppose he could make the excuse that he thought it was party favor and that he was meant to take it home as souvenir... ahem!)

O.k. people... go for it!! Help us spot that digga! ;)

M

MusicalMe

You can spot a gold digger if he has a highly developed the-check-is-on-its-way-to-the-table radar, and always excuses himself to the mens room before it arrives.

You can counteract this by fishing out his wallet at an earlier time and paying with HIS credit card. OR - while he's in the restroom, tell the server that you have to run, your date just went to the restroom and he's going to pay. Then he has no choice!

I've never had enough gold to be dug, but that's how I'd deal with that gold digger.

("Hey Kim, I've got to run to the restroom. Can you take care of the bill?")

Jun 29, 2009
Easy way to find out:
Tell your dad that he should meet the man and say: "I don't like you. I give you a thousand bucks if you leave my daughter." Of cause the only thing he will get is a slap in the face.

J

Jennifleur

Easy way to find out:
Tell your dad that he should meet the man and say: "I don't like you. I give you a thousand bucks if you leave my daughter." Of cause the only thing he will get is a slap in the face.
Haha, I like this one! ;)

C

christiancollegegirl

If he/she asks you to pay for the second, third, and every date after that, he/she's a golddigger. I learned that the hard way. He only paid for the first date, and I paid the rest. He refused to get a job because he didn't want to spend any time away from me.

L

Laiahna

If he/she asks you to pay for the second, third, and every date after that, he/she's a golddigger. I learned that the hard way. He only paid for the first date, and I paid the rest. He refused to get a job because he didn't want to spend any time away from me.
Is that a gold digger or just a lazy person?

C

christiancollegegirl

Is that a gold digger or just a lazy person?
He was both. He figured that I was paying for everything, so he didn't have to get a job.

J

Jennifleur

Wow, how nice...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
You can spot a gold digger if he has a highly developed the-check-is-on-its-way-to-the-table radar, and always excuses himself to the mens room before it arrives.

You can counteract this by fishing out his wallet at an earlier time and paying with HIS credit card. OR - while he's in the restroom, tell the server that you have to run, your date just went to the restroom and he's going to pay. Then he has no choice!

I've never had enough gold to be dug, but that's how I'd deal with that gold digger.

("Hey Kim, I've got to run to the restroom. Can you take care of the bill?")

Of course I'll foot the bill, Musical... with THIS!!! *trump card* *is holding Musical's credit card*

*evil laugh* MUH WA HA HA HA!!! I think after this post, I need to do go some shopping...

Christiancollegegirl--I can SO totally relate... unfortunately... several times!! I have prayed many times for the strength to heed early warning signs and make better choices!!

I really do like Above's suggestions, too. :)

M

MusicalMe

HA! The joke's on you, Seoul!

There's no money on that card!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
HA! The joke's on you, Seoul!

There's no money on that card!

I guess I'll have to learn to slap that card down like I mean it... and then RUN... (without being TOO obvious.)

M

MusicalMe

Or date someone whose bank account doesn't have a negative sign in front of it...

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Or date someone whose bank account doesn't have a negative sign in front of it...

Yeah, but if you try to do that... or if you even state that you want to marry a good Christian guy who can provide for a family... you get accused of being a gold digger and... oh rats.

We're back to square one!! :)

M

MusicalMe

Just tell people that you prayed for God to provide for you financially and He provided you with a wealthy man. That should take care of it!

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Just tell people that you prayed for God to provide for you financially and He provided you with a wealthy man. That should take care of it!

Now why didn't I think of this???!!! :) I like the way you think, Musical. And when people try to hate on me... I'll just say he's an answer to prayer ;).