the good news!!!!

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2009
14,479
182
63
In a world of so much that is about who is decieving who.
Where religion has become the great debate as to what is the truth?
Where so much is falling into hate, corruption and destruction?
Where even we, who say we are christians, cannot seem to agree on what is the truth sometimes.
It seems we need to be reminded of what it is all about.

The good news!
Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life given unto all who will recieive Him!
That God so loved the world, that while we were still sinners, that He sent His only begotten son as a sacrifice for our sins.
That it is through Jesus that we enter into eternal life.
That He is the good sheppard, and He will not let any take you from His hand.
That there are three things that last, faith, hope and love, the greatest of these is love.
That God loved us first.
That we have been given, a book, full of God's word and filled with His word of love for us.
One could spend an eternity speaking of God's love, wisdom, knowladge, truth, rightousness and salvation granted in Jesus Christ is Lord!

I thought it would be a good work of faith, if we all could share scripture that speaks to the good news!
And then share what it has brought or shown you in Jesus. :)


:)
For me?
it is the scripture where Jesus said, I am the way, the truth and the life.
Also,that God is not a God of confusion
For there was a time where I wondered, what is your truth Jesus? so many debates, so many interpitations.
It was these scriptures, and others as well that brought me steadfast again, all good news!
I realised that Jesus is faithful to what He said, "I am the way, the truth and the life".
That no matter what is said or done, that I can always trust in Him to keep me on the right path, even if I dont always see where to place my feet.
That if there is confusion? that I can step away from such, as scriputre says, that God is not a God of confusion.
I know that God will make sure His truth is known, and will correct me before I take a step in the wrong direction.
I realised that I do not need to have all the knowladge, that God Our Father holds all knowladge and understanding for us.
And will provide it when needed. :)
That Jesus is with me, within me, and always beside me, I just need to keep my eyes on Him, for He is faithful and steadfast.
For I know now, that trully, there are three things that last, faith hope and love, that in Jesus these will sustain me always, and that His love, is trully the greatest. :)

Please share the good news you delight in in Jesus and why? :)


In Jesus, God bless
pickles
 
Pickles,

what a refreshing post sweetheart, your light has shined.

we know that there are so many scriptures that hold the power to
sustain us, comfort us, and renew us daily.
like Paul says, 'let us be renewed in the Spirit of our minds'.

so many times we allow ourselves to become defensive, contentious, argumentative,
and forget that our Saviour delights in us when we are peace-makers,
bringers of good news and above all, walking and sharing with a heart full of
abundant righteousness.

our motives and attitudes are what shows the world just what our relationship
with God is.
when presenting our convictions and opinions, or corrections to others,
we should be bearing good fruit, one way or the other.

one of our shared beloved scriptures is,
PSALM 19:14.
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart,
be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer.

this verse is always teaching us to consider our inward intentions and
to remember that every word that comes out of our mouths is
subject to God's approval or disapproval.
 
GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!! GOOD NEWS!!!

I agree to both of you, pickles and
oldthennew. How i wish i could write like you guys. Well, my not being equipped in writing won't stop me bringing the good news!

In a world of so much that is about who is decieving who.
Where religion has become the great debate as to what is the truth?
Where so much is falling into hate, corruption and destruction?
Where even we, who say we are christians, cannot seem to agree on what is the truth sometimes.
It seems we need to be reminded of what it is all about. - pickles

Yes. I agreed. This is an ongoing lifestyle of some christians too. And you are right, Jesus is the ONLY way, the truth and the life. And God is not a God of confusion.

so many times we allow ourselves to become defensive, contentious, argumentative,
and forget that our Saviour delights in us when we are peace-makers,
bringers of good news and above all, walking and sharing with a heart full of
abundant righteousness.

our motives and attitudes are what shows the world just what our relationship
with God is.
when presenting our convictions and opinions, or corrections to others,
we should be bearing good fruit, one way or the other. - oldthennew

Truly enough, we are the peacemaker more than peace-makers. It's more being than doing. God is I AM.

Peace should be a hallmark of the godly person, first because it is a Godlike trait: God is called the God of peace several times in the New Testament. He took the initiative to establish peace with rebellious men, and He is the author of both personal peace as well as peace among men. Because peace is a fruit of the Spirit and therefore an evidence of his working in our lives. -
Jerry Bridges, Practice of Godliness.

Then some christians initiate arguments, and even attack each other characters. I rather ignore them than get involve. My God knows the content of my heart more than anybody else, so why defend myself? I listened yes, I read their rebutts, but to reply, no. Arguments will never satisfy. Once you're trapped it will never stopped. Such a waste of time and effort. I rather meditate what was written alone, and examine my heart if what they told me or read about their opinions are God-focus or self-focus.

1 Peter 3:4

You should clothe yourselves instead with the beauty that comes from within, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is so precious to God.


My life is full of lamentations. People would think I need someone to share the load. Maybe, Yes, or No. But if I have God's favor of a partner in life, that is not a reward, but a BONUS. :)

THESE ARE VERSES THAT BRING GOOD NEWS TO ME:


Habakkuk 3:17-19New Living Translation (NLT)

17 Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,
and there are no grapes on the vines;
even though the olive crop fails,
and the fields lie empty and barren;
even though the flocks die in the fields,
and the cattle barns are empty,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord!
I will be joyful in the God of my salvation!
19 The Sovereign Lord is my strength!
He makes me as surefooted as a deer,[a]
able to tread upon the heights.


Lamentations 3:22-26New Living Translation (NLT)

22 The faithful love of the Lord never ends![a]
His mercies never cease.
23 Great is his faithfulness;
his mercies begin afresh each morning.
24 I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance;
therefore, I will hope in him!”


25 The Lord is good to those who depend on him,
to those who search for him.
26 So it is good to wait quietly
for salvation from the Lord.







 
Awake, awake, Zion, clothe yourself with strength! Put on your garments of splendor, Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again. Shake off your dust; rise up, sit enthroned, Jerusalem. Free yourself from the chains on your neck, Daughter Zion, now a captive. For this is what the Lord says: “You were sold for nothing, and without money you will be redeemed.” For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: “At first my people went down to Egypt to live; lately, Assyria has oppressed them. “And now what do I have here?” declares the Lord. “For my people have been taken away for nothing, and those who rule them mock,” declares the Lord. “And all day long my name is constantly blasphemed. Therefore my people will know my name; therefore in that day they will know that it is I who foretold it. Yes, it is I.” How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, “Your God reigns!” Listen! Your watchmen lift up their voices; together they shout for joy. When the Lord returns to Zion, they will see it with their own eyes. Burst into songs of joy together, you ruins of Jerusalem, for the Lord has comforted his people, he has redeemed Jerusalem. The Lord will lay bare his holy arm in the sight of all the nations, and all the ends of the earth will see the salvation of our God. Depart, depart, go out from there! Touch no unclean thing Come out from it and be pure, you who carry the articles of the Lord’s house. But you will not leave in haste or go in flight; for the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard.

It's indeed good news. The question is whether man acts on the good news.
 
I did a lot of road travelling over the years. Some times to places where the road travelled was familiar and at other times to new destinations in which case I had a map to help me along the way. For the modern day traveler the good news, I suppose, is GPS, and although I have never used this system my understanding is it can guide you, with ease, along the unfamiliar highways and byways. There is another new GPS available to another type of traveler - The God Positioning System - which allows this type of traveler to align themselves in various ways to achieve the destination point one desires. I have read several not so good news stories where despite having GPS, or more aptly put, by having GPS a traveler managed to perish by following the recommended directions and in the end became utterly lost. As far as those who seek to position others before God, or, discard God - such good news that we have a reliable road map and a guide.


Matthew 28
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. [SUP]17 [/SUP]And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. [SUP]18 [/SUP]And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: [SUP]20 [/SUP]teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

So what are those things that Jesus commanded his disciples to teach that others should observe? I believe one such commandment among the many is:

John 15:
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. [SUP]5 [/SUP]I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
 
Wow! All of you, thankyou for sharing scripture and your thoughts. :)
God is amazing, when I posted this last night, my hope and prayer was only that God's work would be done in what was posted.
His work, trully has been done!
For each of you has encouraged me, and the scriptures are wonderful.

Reminds me of what paul said in one of His letters..
That we are not of a spirit that discourages, but of a Spirit that encourages!

In Jesus, God bless
pickles