The Gospel According to John--"I Am The Bread of Life" (John 6:35)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Water and spirit are one in agreement yes! they witness with Jesus blood that our sins are remitted

“And there are three that bear witness in earth,

the Spirit,

and the water,

and the blood: and these three agree in one.”
‭‭1 John‬ ‭5:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Jesus blood was shed for remission of sins

“for this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:28‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“and the water, “
We get baptized in his name for remission of sins because we heard and believed that he died for our sins it’s an act of faith

“Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins,

and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:38‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Amen brother. John's epistles really enhance his gospel thoughts as well, and John puts the focus on love personified, Jesus, who shed His blood for the "remission of sins". The harmony and unity John promotes is very encouraging, and that's where I try to keep my focus. He desires us to be one like Jesus and the Father are one.

Here are some more "I am..." verses. They just keep coming...

John 8:16-18

New King James Version

16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. 17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”

Jesus' critics accused Him of bearing witness to Himself and that His witness wasn't true (v. 13). But once again Jesus turns the tables on the Pharisees by telling them He is at one with the Father who sent Him to bear witness to Himself by the Father's authority.

With Holy Week starting next week, I'm starting to think more about Jesus' last days on earth with us as a human. That prayer He sends up to the Father in the garden that John had the inside view of is so powerful, and one of the resounding themes of that prayer is unity. Christ desires us to be at one with Him and one another.

Yes, we have differences of opinion, but we shouldn't be arguing over trite and insignificant matters. That doesn't set a good example for non-believers either. There is nothing wrong with talking through differences, but we need to be respectful towards those who have a different faith perspective and find that common ground in Jesus' prayers for us. We need to strive for unity among each other and with our loving Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as well!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen brother. John's epistles really enhance his gospel thoughts as well, and John puts the focus on love personified, Jesus, who shed His blood for the "remission of sins". The harmony and unity John promotes is very encouraging, and that's where I try to keep my focus. He desires us to be one like Jesus and the Father are one.

Here are some more "I am..." verses. They just keep coming...

John 8:16-18

New King James Version

16 And yet if I do judge, My judgment is true; for I am not alone, but I am with the Father who sent Me. 17 It is also written in your law that the testimony of two men is true. 18 I am One who bears witness of Myself, and the Father who sent Me bears witness of Me.”

Jesus' critics accused Him of bearing witness to Himself and that His witness wasn't true (v. 13). But once again Jesus turns the tables on the Pharisees by telling them He is at one with the Father who sent Him to bear witness to Himself by the Father's authority.

With Holy Week starting next week, I'm starting to think more about Jesus' last days on earth with us as a human. That prayer He sends up to the Father in the garden that John had the inside view of is so powerful, and one of the resounding themes of that prayer is unity. Christ desires us to be at one with Him and one another.

Yes, we have differences of opinion, but we shouldn't be arguing over trite and insignificant matters. That doesn't set a good example for non-believers either. There is nothing wrong with talking through differences, but we need to be respectful towards those who have a different faith perspective and find that common ground in Jesus' prayers for us. We need to strive for unity among each other and with our loving Father, Son, and Holy Ghost as well!
yes brother amen wonderful and useful thoughts as always

also remember revelation is written by John so we also find connections there to his gospel

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ….And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1, 14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Or for instance we see a concept of Jesus as the lamb of Gods atonement for mans sin

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:29‬ ‭

then having heard the concept later we understand who this is talking about

“And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. ….And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:6-7, 9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:12‬ ‭

It of course goes much deeper but I’ll let you discover what you will I can say that johns gospel and revelation have alot to do with one another as well as his epistles forming a really solid and deep message that has that unique aspect that we noticed in johns gospel

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
also remember revelation is written by John so we also find connections there to his gospel

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ….And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:1, 14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭19:13‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Great point. It's like John has the "triple threat" with his gospel, his three epistles, and Revelation. No other NT writer can claim that fame for sure. I don't think the three theme is any accident in John's work.

I'm seeing more recent criticism and scholars who are saying another "John" wrote Revelation. I don't think they have carefully read this book to see the harmony of John's thoughts, inspired by God with "The Revelation of Jesus Christ" (v.1), funneling through this incredible disciple/apostle of God who walked and talked in person with our Lord. Unless God shows me otherwise, I am with the traditional school who has the apostle John as the author, composing it while he was in prison on the island of Patmos.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Great point. It's like John has the "triple threat" with his gospel, his three epistles, and Revelation. No other NT writer can claim that fame for sure. I don't think the three theme is any accident in John's work.

I'm seeing more recent criticism and scholars who are saying another "John" wrote Revelation. I don't think they have carefully read this book to see the harmony of John's thoughts, inspired by God with "The Revelation of Jesus Christ" (v.1), funneling through this incredible disciple/apostle of God who walked and talked in person with our Lord. Unless God shows me otherwise, I am with the traditional school who has the apostle John as the author, composing it while he was in prison on the island of Patmos.
Indeed to hear johns gospel helps a lot with revelation. It’s just like Paul’s epistles they all work together also to show his clear message .

i agree I don’t think there’s any question it was John the same beloved apostle

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne. ….And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation; and hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭5:6-7, 9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬
I love the "revelations" our Lord gives us into His glorified state, yet in all His glory, Christ still is referred to as "a Lamb as it had been slain." That just proves how pivotal His sacrifice was on the cross, and this world doesn't grasp (I don't fully either--more to come on that subject later...) the most significant event in human history up to this point in time--"Jesus Christ and Him Crucified" (I Cor. 2:2).

One key to understanding the Book of Revelation is focusing on the title, Revelation, which means revealing or disclosure. That which was previously unknown God has revealed to us in His future plans for humanity. It's like Jesus healing the blind man on the Sabbath in John chapter 9. The Pharisees were in duh-dog land as usual and kept asking the blind man how he could now see. He finally just told them flat out, "though I was blind, now I see" (v.25).

I had a buddy call me yesterday who I haven't talked to in some time, and I had no idea who he was at first. "Hey Dave, this is Craig! Do you want to go to the fish fry tonight?" The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't place how we were connected. I finally asked him, "I'm so sorry, how were we connected?" He laughed and responded, "Craig the truck driver from BlueFox!" The blinders came off instantly, and a flood of memories bursted into my mind from a past great relationship we had together at that company. The blind (me yesterday) can now see!

That's how it is for all of us as Christians now. Though we were blind, now we can see (i.e. The Revelation of Jesus Christ)!!!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I love the "revelations" our Lord gives us into His glorified state, yet in all His glory, Christ still is referred to as "a Lamb as it had been slain." That just proves how pivotal His sacrifice was on the cross, and this world doesn't grasp (I don't fully either--more to come on that subject later...) the most significant event in human history up to this point in time--"Jesus Christ and Him Crucified" (I Cor. 2:2).

One key to understanding the Book of Revelation is focusing on the title, Revelation, which means revealing or disclosure. That which was previously unknown God has revealed to us in His future plans for humanity. It's like Jesus healing the blind man on the Sabbath in John chapter 9. The Pharisees were in duh-dog land as usual and kept asking the blind man how he could now see. He finally just told them flat out, "though I was blind, now I see" (v.25).

I had a buddy call me yesterday who I haven't talked to in some time, and I had no idea who he was at first. "Hey Dave, this is Craig! Do you want to go to the fish fry tonight?" The voice sounded familiar, but I couldn't place how we were connected. I finally asked him, "I'm so sorry, how were we connected?" He laughed and responded, "Craig the truck driver from BlueFox!" The blinders came off instantly, and a flood of memories bursted into my mind from a past great relationship we had together at that company. The blind (me yesterday) can now see!

That's how it is for all of us as Christians now. Though we were blind, now we can see (i.e. The Revelation of Jesus Christ)!!!
Amen the actual term is “ apocalypse “ the uncovering or revealing

sort of along the lines of prophecy and fulfillment

So we have Abraham’s covenant and he’s tested when God tells him to sacrifice Isaac he makes a statement of faith regarding Gods lamb isaac is wondering where the sacrificial lamb is for the offering as they go

“And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:8 ‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Revelation of this comes in here

“The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭1:29‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Ever notice that Paul’s revelations are always hearkening back to Old Testament prophecy and the law ? Showing what it means now for us in Christ …. Revelation is to begin to hear the lords word in the scripture that was always there but had a veil over it

We would think that the ram god provided that day fuflilled Abraham’s statement of faith but it’s not until Jesus and the gospel arrive that anyone understood the meaning of those prophetic words beforehand

The Bible is definately an apacolypse in my own view and is co tiny ally being revealed through the new teetement view and grasp of the old

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Amen the actual term is “ apocalypse “ the uncovering or revealing

sort of along the lines of prophecy and fulfillment

So we have Abraham’s covenant and he’s tested when God tells him to sacrifice Isaac he makes a statement of faith regarding Gods lamb isaac is wondering where the sacrificial lamb is for the offering as they go

“And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering? And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭22:8 ‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Happy Palm Sunday!

Prophecy and fulfillment are awesome when the gospel is involved, and look at what we celebrate on this special day:

John 12:12-15

New King James Version

The Triumphal Entry
12 The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out:

“Hosanna!
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
The King of Israel!”

14 Then Jesus, when He had found a young donkey, sat on it; as it is written:

15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion;
Behold, your King is coming,
Sitting on a donkey’s colt.”

References back to OT prophecy plus this triumphal entry event where our King of Kings rides on the back of a donkey's colt as a humble servant to "...save the world" (v. 47)!

Hosanna! Hosanna in the Highest!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Happy Palm Sunday!

Prophecy and fulfillment are awesome when the gospel is involved, and look at what we celebrate on this special day:

John 12:12-15

New King James Version

The Triumphal Entry
12 The next day a great multitude that had come to the feast, when they heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem, 13 took branches of palm trees and went out to meet Him, and cried out:

“Hosanna!
Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord!’
The King of Israel!”

14 Then Jesus, when He had found a young donkey, sat on it; as it is written:

15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion;
Behold, your King is coming,
Sitting on a donkey’s colt.”

References back to OT prophecy plus this triumphal entry event where our King of Kings rides on the back of a donkey's colt as a humble servant to "...save the world" (v. 47)!

Hosanna! Hosanna in the Highest!
Amen this statement by Peter at pentocost changed the entire course of my study of ot scripture

“and he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people. Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭3:20-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

especially when I began noticing similar statements

“Having therefore obtained help of God, I continue unto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things than those which the prophets and Moses did say should come: that Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:22-23‬ ‭

Then this made more sense

“For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭11:13‬ ‭

“Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭5:17-18‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, ( he gave them revelation ) and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:44-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬

later I began to study and look for what the law and prophets said of Christ and I discovered it’s the main topic of the ot Christ and the gospel I mean

The ot law and the prophets witness that he the messiah is coming to israel one day with salvstion

the new teetement witnesses tbat he came to israel one day with salvation and then offered it to all people and that he’s going to return from heaven one day and gather all that believe I to himself for his eternal kingdom

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures, ( he gave them revelation ) and said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnesses of these things.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭24:44-48‬ ‭KJV‬‬
Amen. Jesus sums it up quite well in these verses. The Word and gospel in a paragraph!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Amen. Jesus sums it up quite well in these verses. The Word and gospel in a paragraph!
Indeed and we can see in the apostles writings tbe of uniformity of the concept that the prophets and law were foretelling Christ and the gospel sent to all people

show it’s all one concept and belief system and how Christ and his gospel are the center piece of all we need to trust in and believe as Christian’s

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Indeed and we can see in the apostles writings tbe of uniformity of the concept that the prophets and law were foretelling Christ and the gospel sent to all people

show it’s all one concept and belief system and how Christ and his gospel are the center piece of all we need to trust in and believe as Christian’s
It's incredible how powerful Jesus' "triumphal entry" into Jerusalem was and even the Pharisees said, "Look, the world has gone after Him!" (John 12: 19). There were even Greeks (gentiles) present, and they wanted to see Jesus (v. 20).

But, Jesus was focused on His purpose for attending the Passover because He was going to be the Sacrificial Lamb at this Feast for the ages:

John 12:25-27

New King James Version

25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

Jesus Predicts His Death on the Cross
27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.

Amid all the celebration and the hope perhaps that Jesus was going to be their king at that time, Jesus knew what He was facing and like any human, He was "troubled" and knew the pain, suffering, and ultimate death that was a short time away as people were crying out "Hosanna", which can be translated as "save us now" or "pray, save us"! Jesus was going to do that during the festival but not how they expected.

And, it wasn't just the disciples and general populace in attendance who believed in Him amid the celebration:

John 12:42-43

New King James Version

42 Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

"They loved the praise of men more than the praise of God" is one of the saddest observations John shares, but it really sums up our prideful nature quite well. Rather than giving God the glory and receiving praise from Him, our nature wants to be exalted and praised by men instead. When things are going well, and the money is rolling in, everyone is partying and giving high-fives to one another like the "triumphal entry". But, when things start getting tough, like Jesus' upcoming Passion, the worst can come out and our true prideful nature rears its ugly head--"Crucify Him"!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
It's incredible how powerful Jesus' "triumphal entry" into Jerusalem was and even the Pharisees said, "Look, the world has gone after Him!" (John 12: 19). There were even Greeks (gentiles) present, and they wanted to see Jesus (v. 20).

But, Jesus was focused on His purpose for attending the Passover because He was going to be the Sacrificial Lamb at this Feast for the ages:

John 12:25-27

New King James Version

25 He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 26 If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.

Jesus Predicts His Death on the Cross
27 “Now My soul is troubled, and what shall I say? ‘Father, save Me from this hour’? But for this purpose I came to this hour.

Amid all the celebration and the hope perhaps that Jesus was going to be their king at that time, Jesus knew what He was facing and like any human, He was "troubled" and knew the pain, suffering, and ultimate death that was a short time away as people were crying out "Hosanna", which can be translated as "save us now" or "pray, save us"! Jesus was going to do that during the festival but not how they expected.

And, it wasn't just the disciples and general populace in attendance who believed in Him amid the celebration:

John 12:42-43

New King James Version

42 Nevertheless even among the rulers many believed in Him, but because of the Pharisees they did not confess Him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God.

"They loved the praise of men more than the praise of God" is one of the saddest observations John shares, but it really sums up our prideful nature quite well. Rather than giving God the glory and receiving praise from Him, our nature wants to be exalted and praised by men instead. When things are going well, and the money is rolling in, everyone is partying and giving high-fives to one another like the "triumphal entry". But, when things start getting tough, like Jesus' upcoming Passion, the worst can come out and our true prideful nature rears its ugly head--"Crucify Him"!
lovely read brother

“Amid all the celebration and the hope perhaps that Jesus was going to be their king at that time, Jesus knew what He was facing and like any human, He was "troubled" and knew the pain, suffering, and ultimate death that was a short time away as people were crying out "Hosanna", which can be translated as "save us now" or "pray, save us"! Jesus was going to do that during the festival but not how they expected.”

i find this part to be something g navy dont look much into , the humanity of Jesus Christ

“Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭5:7-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:44‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:38-39‬ ‭

Even when he understood he was heading for all this terror and suffering he obeyed and overcame mankind’s plight

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:5-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I like herring Jesus speak through the prophets , seeing him come forth in the gospel and listening to the apostles confirm the witnesses of the law and prophets to the truth of the gospel it’s so effective and complete and clear because hey are all witnessing the same things

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
lovely read brother

“Amid all the celebration and the hope perhaps that Jesus was going to be their king at that time, Jesus knew what He was facing and like any human, He was "troubled" and knew the pain, suffering, and ultimate death that was a short time away as people were crying out "Hosanna", which can be translated as "save us now" or "pray, save us"! Jesus was going to do that during the festival but not how they expected.”

i find this part to be something g navy dont look much into , the humanity of Jesus Christ

“Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him; called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭5:7-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭22:44‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me. And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭26:38-39‬ ‭

Even when he understood he was heading for all this terror and suffering he obeyed and overcame mankind’s plight

“Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: and being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭2:5-12‬ ‭KJV‬‬

I like herring Jesus speak through the prophets , seeing him come forth in the gospel and listening to the apostles confirm the witnesses of the law and prophets to the truth of the gospel it’s so effective and complete and clear because hey are all witnessing the same things
John's love comes through so strongly for Jesus in his gospel, and that intimate relationship they shared is a gift John passes on to us as fellow disciples.

I think about Jesus' humanity and sacrifice often, but this week in particular it seems to really hit home for me. I'm usually quite somber between now and Easter morning, and thankfully we know the rest of the story: Jesus' divinity.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
John's love comes through so strongly for Jesus in his gospel, and that intimate relationship they shared is a gift John passes on to us as fellow disciples.

I think about Jesus' humanity and sacrifice often, but this week in particular it seems to really hit home for me. I'm usually quite somber between now and Easter morning, and thankfully we know the rest of the story: Jesus' divinity.
Indeed he suffered so much but his glory far outweighs the mortality he took upon himself in order to deliver immortality to all who believe

every knee will bow and every tongue confess jesus really is someone worth believing in

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

Somehow that old empty tomb becomes a beautiful message

Sipsey

Sep 27, 2018
Well yes there was a part of the dream where suddenly I was put in this cage with other people and at a random time the cage would fall into the lake fire and as it fell I said to myself I trust him and was suddenly taken to a different realm that wasn't hell but this doesn't explain the bread part
We thirst for righteousness, but we must first be made alive, by the Bread of Life.

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Somehow that old empty tomb becomes a beautiful message
For sure brother. Look at the OT reference John gives us in the interim period between the Triumphal Entry and the Passover (preparation) Meal that we remember tomorrow during this Holy Week:

John 12:37-41

New King James Version

Who Has Believed Our Report?
37 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke:
“Lord, who has believed our report?
And to whom has the arm of the Lord been revealed?”
39 Therefore they could not believe, because Isaiah said again:
40 “He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts,
Lest they should see with their eyes,
Lest they should understand with their hearts and turn,
So that I should heal them.”

41 These things Isaiah said [a]when he saw His glory and spoke of Him.

Why would God deliberately blind people's eyes and harden their hearts to hold back the healing of the nations?

One idea I have is we chose to partake of the knowledge of good and evil. In other words, we wanted the power to decide what's right and what is wrong. We don't need you God--we can do it on our own like the devil told us we could.

Ok. Have it your way my children. Let's see how you do for X thousand years at ruling yourselves. Not good, of course...

So, Jesus comes on the stage, opens our eyes, and begins the salvation process for His beloved creation that has sorely gone astray. "I have not come to judge the world but to save the world" (John 12: 47).

Pray, save us Jesus!

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
For sure brother. Look at the OT reference John gives us in the interim period between the Triumphal Entry and the Passover (preparation) Meal that we remember tomorrow during this Holy Week:

New King James Version

37 But although He had done so many signs before them, they did not believe in Him, 38 that the word of Isaiah the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spoke:

Why would God deliberately blind people's eyes and harden their hearts to hold back the healing of the nations?

One idea I have is we chose to partake of the knowledge of good and evil. In other words, we wanted the power to decide what's right and what is wrong. We don't need you God--we can do it on our own like the devil told us we could.

Ok. Have it your way my children. Let's see how you do for X thousand years at ruling yourselves. Not good, of course...

So, Jesus comes on the stage, opens our eyes, and begins the salvation process for His beloved creation that has sorely gone astray. "I have not come to judge the world but to save the world" (John 12: 47).

Pray, save us Jesus!
amen great reading there

“Why would God deliberately blind people's eyes and harden their hearts to hold back the healing of the nations?”

the great thin lg about the Bible’s design of prophecy and fulfilment is we can go back and see what Isaiah was talking about and better understand why he blinded them

Isiah has a lot to say really Regarding this bit the reference Jesus is using is here

“In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

….And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, and the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

isaiah 6:1,9-12

to understand why we just need to read basically any messianic prophet and what they are saying about Israel’s transgressions against him , continually provoking him to wrath

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

New King James Version

Pray, save us Jesus!
indeed this part “for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world”

“Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me.

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.

He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. And I know that his commandment is life everlasting:

whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.”
‭‭John‬ ‭12:44-50‬ ‭

The gospel is meant to save believers it’s not meant like the law to judge Gods people , those who reject the judges judgements in the gospel will be judged by those things theyve rejected

a Jesus didn’t come to judge anyone he came to give everyone that accepts and believes the gospel his judgement

By default those who reject this

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: that all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22-24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

are left out of that which he offers . To reject something one has to first hear it and then reject that it’s true.

If I reject his offer of life spoken by the lord himself only death remains . Not because he never offered life but because I rejected his offer of life sent to all

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved;

but he that believeth not shall be damned.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:15-16‬ ‭KJV‬‬

this part is sure

“Before the LORD; For he cometh to judge the earth: With righteousness shall he judge the world, And the people with equity.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭98:9‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: …and hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:22, 27‬ ‭

Dominion of the earth was given to man in the beginning , Jesus became the man with all authority

“And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭10:42‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭17:30-31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

after he rose it confirmed all the scriptures had said beforehand

Hearken unto me, my people; and give ear unto me, O my nation: for a law shall proceed from me, and I will make my judgment to rest for a light of the people.

My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭51:4-5‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭55:3‬ ‭KJV‬‬

That’s just Jesus speaking through prophets beforehand of what he’d come with later in the gospel

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
amen great reading there

“Why would God deliberately blind people's eyes and harden their hearts to hold back the healing of the nations?”

the great thin lg about the Bible’s design of prophecy and fulfilment is we can go back and see what Isaiah was talking about and better understand why he blinded them

Isiah has a lot to say really Regarding this bit the reference Jesus is using is here

“In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

….And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate, and the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

isaiah 6:1,9-12

to understand why we just need to read basically any messianic prophet and what they are saying about Israel’s transgressions against him , continually provoking him to wrath
Amen. It's kind of like alcoholism where we need to hit rock bottom before we really desire to change.

And, according to prophecy, we as a race will likely hit rock bottom and become "utterly desolate" before that great Trumpet sounds, signaling the return of the Lord to save our race from utter annihilation.