The Gospel according to paul.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

nnrukshan15

Mar 16, 2015
Today.... the gospel, or “good news” which we are saved is as follows: 1.) Believe that Christ Died on the cross... and died for OUR SINS. 2.) Believe that He was buried in a tomb 3.) Believe that 3 Days Later He rose The main point of this gospel message I think that we often overlook is the words “Unless ye have believed in vain”. In my humble opinion Paul is describing many professed Christians today, who were no doubt doing the same things back then, whom profess to trust in what Christ did yet refuse to believe that this free gift is based on faith alone in the gospel alone. Many will say yes I believe we are saved by faith.... but then suggest that a true person who is saved won’t live in sin anymore.... or, that someone who says they believe in the gospel must continue to daily repent or they can lose their salvation. Many deny eternal security - in which all of these cases are examples of people who claim to believe in the gospel, yet in truth they have believed in vein. There are many FALSE, Accursed gospels going around today - it’s important you be aware of these preachers trying to lead you into them. If someone isn’t preaching faith alone (apart from worlds) in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ for justification alone... run! If they are preaching that you can lose your salvation based on your performance... run! If they try and tell you that daily repentance, water baptism, or law keeping are requirements to sustain salvation (basically adding yourself to the equation).... RUN! The word of God is crystal clear: Believe, and receive the free gift. Believe that while we are all sinners Christ died, was buried and rose 3 days later in victory. Receiving Gods grace through faith alone, it’s a free gift of God, not of works so no man can boast! In which we are SEALED with the Holy Spirit of promise until we are redeemed, given PEACE with God & seated IN Christ in Heavenly places! The problem comes from people taking the entirety of the word of God and applying it all to themselves - rather then rightly dividing the Word of truth as we are called to do. We should be sharing the good news, the gospel of what Christ did for us.... unless you don’t truly believe and have believed in vein? The fact is we are all unrighteous apart from faith in what Christ did! None of have any righteousness in Gods eyes, unless we come with the imputed righteousness of Christ. We are called to do good works, to spread the gospel, and love one another - but none of these things save us, or sustain our justification once a person truly has believed in the gospel. If you want to make it glory one day.... it won’t be on your own performance. It won’t be because your good - but by simply trusting in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Believe and receive the free gift today! 🙌🏼
Show less

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I don't understand at all why there is such a fuss made about people who accept Christ and want to live with Christ in their hearts. Christ did not sin, and if we accept Christ and live with Christ then we also do not willingly sin.

Why do people think that God would need to save us by our own efforts if we do this? It is through what Christ did that we can be forgiven and made as if we were righteous. They seem to think that because of this we should accept sin in our life. Strange thought.

Jan 12, 2019
I don't understand at all why there is such a fuss made about people who accept Christ and want to live with Christ in their hearts. Christ did not sin, and if we accept Christ and live with Christ then we also do not willingly sin.

Why do people think that God would need to save us by our own efforts if we do this? It is through what Christ did that we can be forgiven and made as if we were righteous. They seem to think that because of this we should accept sin in our life. Strange thought.
I think the problem comes when you read the 4 gospels exclusively and it seems to imply you are not really saved if you don't do good works and avoid sin, the perennial favorite is always Matthew 7:21-23.

Aerials1978

Dec 10, 2019

Why all the fuss? Man loves darkness because his deeds are evil.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Many will say yes I believe we are saved by faith.... but then suggest that a true person who is saved won’t live in sin anymore....
Hello @nnrukshan15, I agreed with what you said in the OP until you said this, so I'm hoping that I can persuade you to tell us what you mean with a little more detail (because I'm probably misunderstanding your full meaning). I know that true Christians still sin, of course, but it's the idea of our continuing to "live in sin" (which is the principle characteristic/way of life of the unregenerate) that left me wondering :unsure:

I believe that the Lord principally saves us from two things, sin (both its penalty and its power) in this life, and the Father's wrath in the age to come .. e.g. Romans 5:8-10. So, along with being saved from the penalty of our sins, He also saves us from the power it formerly had over us (because of our fallen nature with it's fallen desires). IOW, when we sinned prior to being saved, we did so ~according~ to to the dictates/desires of our old nature / old man / old self, but when we sin now, as true believers, we do so ~against~ our new nature / new man / new self .. e.g. Ephesians 4:22-24.

Finally (so you'll understand where I'm coming from), I believe that we are saved by God's grace through faith, in Jesus and in what He did for us alone (which includes both the righteous life that He lived for us before His Father, as well, of course, His death on the Cross). Therefore Jesus is our only innocence, our only righteousness and the only atonement and satisfaction for our sins.

I also believe that all true believers are eternally secure and will persevere in the faith (albeit imperfectly) to Glory (because God continues His mighty work in us to make sure that we do .. e.g. Philippians 1:6, 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24; Hebrews 7:25)).

What 'we' do can neither save us nor keep us saved, but I do believe that what we do (after we claim/believe that we have become Christians, that is) is perhaps the best indicator that we have of who we really are, of whether we are truly saved or not .. e.g. 2 Corinthians 13:5.

Thanks!

God bless you!

~Deut