The Gospel of Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger? Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth? Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection? Well, all of these things are a part of the gospel, but the good news that Jesus preached is much more "... Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14). This is the gospel of Jesus. Nowadays many fail to preach the gospel of God's kingdom. Why? The bible teaches that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Jesus said that many would come preaching in his name and yet deceive many (Matthews 24:5). This is why pastors everywhere claim to be fulfilling the great commission (spreading the gospel all over the world), but never mention the coming of God's kingdom. Therefore, many people are deceived and have not heard the gospel of Jesus. Instead they hear and believe another gospel, which teaches that they are going to heaven. This is not the gospel of Jesus!

All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth. This message is supposed to be good news to us, especially considering the condition of the world. We should be glad to know that God is going to straighten out the trouble and confusion that's presently in the world. Jesus even told us to pray for the fulfillment of his gospel, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). Jesus also warned us to repent (turn from our sins) and be prepared for the coming of his kingdom. If we truly believe the gospel, then we will obey God's commandments. "...The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9).

oyster67

May 24, 2014
What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger?
Anyone could have been born in a manger.

Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth?
Physical miracles do not profit our lost souls.

Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection?
Lazarus had that testimony, but he could not save us.

the good news that Jesus preached is much more
Amen, brother! PTL! :)

Only the blood of the very Son of God Himself can cleanse a man's soul and provide for him an entrance into Heaven. Confess, repent and believe today. Let Him be your Savior, Lord, and best Friend.

Hebrews 9:22
“And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.”

John 3:16
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”

Revelation 3:20
“Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.”

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
So where do we go if not heaven?
Hello Jonathan, upon death, the souls of believers go to Heaven to be with the Lord (even as our dead bodies "sleep"/lie interred in the ground .. e.g. 2 Corinthians 5:6-9; Philippians 1:21-24). After this/at the end of this age, our souls will be reunited with our resurrected and glorified bodies, and we will live forevermore with Him then on the "New Earth" .. e.g. Isaiah 65:17; 2 Peter 3:10-13; Revelation 21:1-4).

God bless you!!

--Deut

HealthAndHappiness

Jul 7, 2022
Almost Heaven West Virginia
Certainly the gospels contain more than the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, however that is the essential reason why everyone should believe upon the Lord and what He alone did to atone for all sins. They tell us exactly Who the Messiah/ Christ is. He proved through many miracles, signs and fulfillment of prophecies that He was the only begotten Son of God. This is something that Nicodemus, this expert scholar of the OT should have believed. Jesus puts it to him this way.

John 3

"14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."

1. Those who died in Christ are not wondering this planet as unimbodied spirits. They are in heaven.

"To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."

Only after the Lord conquers Satan , when He returns , will He bring them to Earth to inhabit it again. They must do the following to receive the gift of everlasting life.

2. If you will Underline the word believe(the, d, ing) in the book of John( KJV) and the phrase "repent of sins" to see how many answers we get for the proper response to be saved.

I hope this enriches your study as it has mine when I searched for the answers to questions that you posed.

Snacks

Feb 10, 2022
many people are deceived and have not heard the gospel of Jesus. Instead they hear and believe another gospel, which teaches that they are going to heaven. This is not the gospel of Jesus!
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Evmur

Feb 28, 2021
London
christianchat.com
What is the gospel of Jesus? Is it merely the news that he was born in a manger? Is it confined to the miracles and healing Jesus did while walking the earth? Maybe it's simply the news of his death and resurrection? Well, all of these things are a part of the gospel, but the good news that Jesus preached is much more "... Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God" (Mark 1:14). This is the gospel of Jesus. Nowadays many fail to preach the gospel of God's kingdom. Why? The bible teaches that Satan has deceived the whole world (Revelation 12:9). Jesus said that many would come preaching in his name and yet deceive many (Matthews 24:5). This is why pastors everywhere claim to be fulfilling the great commission (spreading the gospel all over the world), but never mention the coming of God's kingdom. Therefore, many people are deceived and have not heard the gospel of Jesus. Instead they hear and believe another gospel, which teaches that they are going to heaven. This is not the gospel of Jesus!

All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth. This message is supposed to be good news to us, especially considering the condition of the world. We should be glad to know that God is going to straighten out the trouble and confusion that's presently in the world. Jesus even told us to pray for the fulfillment of his gospel, "Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven" (Matthew 6:10). Jesus also warned us to repent (turn from our sins) and be prepared for the coming of his kingdom. If we truly believe the gospel, then we will obey God's commandments. "...The unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (I Corinthians 6:9).
You have highlighted the half of the good news that has been scrapped, that His kingdom is to be here on earth as well as heaven.
But there is to be the heavenly part too and that is where we are bound.

In the 4th century the RCC decided to bin the earthly element. It was most likely part of a dirty deal they made with Constantine in return for they call "the peace of the church."

You may say this is just my speculation, but the Roman's did stop persecuting the church and adopted the christian religion in return for help from the christians to help defeat the Byzantine empire.

And Rome aspired to rule the world for a 1, 000 years.

God really does not like secret sins, when a church or the church or even a Christian goes astray secretly He will He will often do something to mark the turning away point. Ever since that time unto this very day the Catholic priest wears the robes of 3rd century Roman senator to perform mass.

The RCC adopted the amillenialist doctrine. This denies an actual earthly kingdom in favour of a spiritual one only.

So we are to preach the kingdom of heaven but minus the actual kingdom itself.

This has an unbelievably massive effect on all the other doctrines of the NT ... it will save for sure but it does practically nothing for discipleship.

This is exactly why the Church went to sleep for more than a thousand years. All church growth hence forth came upon the wings of the Roman army and it's conquests.

Amillenialism is a most dreadful doctrine.

ForestGreenCook

Jul 8, 2018

The kingdom of God has been present on earth for over 2,000 years.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021

Depend on if you come up in the first of second resurrection. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6).

When Jesus makes his second coming he will be on earth for thousands years, with the saint and those who came out of the great tribulation.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
However, Jesus said the… Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. (Matthew 5:5). Now why in the world would the meek want to inherit the earth if God is supposed to take us to heaven? Maybe the meek are not so blessed after all?! Yes, the meek are blessed because they will be on the earth, in God's kingdom. "...but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth" (Proverbs 10:30). Therefore, repent and believe the gospel (Mark 1:15). Jesus never promised to take us to heaven. As a matter of fact Jesus said that no man went up to heaven except he (speaking of himself) that came down from heaven (St. John 3:13). Jesus promised us we would dwell with him on the earth. That's right, Jesus is returning to establish the kingdom of God. If we have faith and obey him, we will rule with him on the earth, "And hast made us unto our God kings and priests; and we shall reign on the earth" (Revelation 5:10).

soberxp

May 3, 2018
Maybe some people don't like being in heaven. Jesus asked me if I wanted to live more lives here on Earth, I said No.
I don't want to live on this Earth again with a new identity.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

So let's continue and see when the Lord comes back and see where the saints will be. Let's go into 1 Thessalonians 4: 13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

If you sleep in Jesus it means you have done his will. Lets keep reading and see how Jesus bring the saints with him.

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

This verse just told us that some will be alive to be in this first resurrection, the coming of Jesus, and there are those who will be asleep. Notice they asleep and not in heaven chilling and watching over people, smiling at all this hell going on.

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Notice: Only the dead in Christ will rise first, but the Lord has descended...meaning coming down

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Notice we those that where asleep or dead rise first, then those which are alive and remain rise next, to meet the Lord in the air, and altogether we are in the first resurrection.

Paul said in 1 Thessalonians 3:13 To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Next question should be where is the Lord's and the Saints going? Let's find out. Let's go into Zechariah 14: Behold, the day of the Lord cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3 Then shall the Lord go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the Lord my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

We see how the word of God lines up from Old to New Testament. Let's continue, because the apostles knew where Jesus was going to be when he return. Let's go into Acts 1:6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? 7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth. 9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; 11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. 12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The eternal home of the saints is in the New Jerusalem. However there will also be an eternal Kingdom of God on earth. So the saints will live and reign with Christ eternally, We have not been provided with all the details, but that is hardly surprising in view of this verse: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (1 Cor 2:9).

Mar 4, 2020
The gospel of Jesus is the good news, but to put it in perspective it was really good news compared what they had to do under the Old Covenant. The New Covenant effectively did away with the Law of Moses, the judicial system attached to that, and all of the temple rules and regulations the corrupt religious establishment using used to control people.

The New Covenant would effectively release the population from the bondage that the religious establishment had more or less began using for their own leverage.

I read somewhere they used refuse to do animal sacrifices for sins for people who they didn’t like or would charge money sometimes. Maybe someone else can chime in on that if they know anything about it.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
The eternal home of the saints is in the New Jerusalem. However there will also be an eternal Kingdom of God on earth. So the saints will live and reign with Christ eternally, We have not been provided with all the details, but that is hardly surprising in view of this verse: But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (1 Cor 2:9).
The New Jerusalem will be exiting heaven and coming down to man..

(Revelation 21:2) "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

Jesus was not telling a lie when He said::

(Matthew 5:5) "Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth."

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

“All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth.”

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; And his kingdom ruleth over all.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭103:19‬ ‭

“This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:32-33, 36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: But the earth hath he given to the children of men.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭115:16‬ ‭

your lookin at a desolate earth doomed to this end

“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:5, 20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This world is going to end badly in destruction Gods kingdom eill
Never be destroyed because it’s not part of this world it’s part of Gods new creation in Christ

There’s this world

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:10-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods kingdom is in heaven now but after this world is destroyed the kingdom will come from the new heaven to the new earth this world has to end first until then the kingdom remains in heaven

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-2‬ ‭

there is a current corrupt earth and there is one Jesus promised a perfect one where evil and death don’t exist and where God walks among his family

“And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:3-5‬ ‭

this earth is a poor copy of Gods eternal world a rough draft But this promise is ours always has been his design

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:17‬ ‭

what’s in heaven will come to a new earth

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The New Jerusalem will be exiting heaven and coming down to man..
You did not complete the thought. Not "coming down to man" but "coming down from Heaven". However since it gives marvelous light to the earth it becomes a heavenly body which remains in the first heaven to replace the sun.

Dec 21, 2020
You did not complete the thought. Not "coming down to man" but "coming down from Heaven". However since it gives marvelous light to the earth it becomes a heavenly body which remains in the first heaven to replace the sun.
Where is that in the Bible?