The Gospel of Jesus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
“All over the bible, from the promise to Abraham in Genesis to the second coming of Jesus in Revelation, the Lord reveals that his kingdom will be on earth.”

If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The LORD hath prepared his throne in the heavens; And his kingdom ruleth over all.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭103:19‬ ‭

“This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:32-33, 36‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.”
‭‭John‬ ‭18:36‬ ‭

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:2-4‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭16:19‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: But the earth hath he given to the children of men.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭115:16‬ ‭

your lookin at a desolate earth doomed to this end

“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:5, 20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This world is going to end badly in destruction Gods kingdom eill
Never be destroyed because it’s not part of this world it’s part of Gods new creation in Christ

There’s this world

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.”
‭‭2 Peter‬ ‭3:10-13‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Gods kingdom is in heaven now but after this world is destroyed the kingdom will come from the new heaven to the new earth this world has to end first until then the kingdom remains in heaven

“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:1-2‬ ‭

there is a current corrupt earth and there is one Jesus promised a perfect one where evil and death don’t exist and where God walks among his family

“And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭21:3-5‬ ‭

this earth is a poor copy of Gods eternal world a rough draft But this promise is ours always has been his design

“For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭65:17‬ ‭

what’s in heaven will come to a new earth

your lookin at a desolate earth doomed to this end

“The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭24:5, 20‬ ‭KJV‬‬

This world is going to end badly in destruction Gods kingdom eill
Never be destroyed because it’s not part of this world it’s part of Gods new creation in Christ

Gods kingdom is in heaven now but after this world is destroyed the kingdom will come from the new heaven to the new earth this world has to end first until then the kingdom remains in heaven
The part you missing is, when the Lord destroy the earth, the Lord will repair the earth. Once the Lord descend from heaven he will stay on the earth, no one is going to heaven, the third heaven that is. Let's go into Ezekiel 47: 1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar. 5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over. 8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed. 9And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.

The Lord will also deal with the rebels, and more. But no one is going to the third heaven.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
However, the gospel teaches that Jesus will sit on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. Even before he was born the angel Gabriel informed his mother, Mary of the fact, "...and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David and he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end" (Luke 1:32-33). King Israel,

David never ruled in the third heaven, but he sat on a throne on the earth in Jerusalem. According to the gospel, Jesus will do the same and he told us this very plainly saying, "Jerusalem...is the city of the great king" (Matthew 5:35). Now, if we intend to dwell with Jesus then where will we be? Sitting with him on his throne in Jerusalem. " To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne" (Revelation 3:21).

Notice that Jesus didn't promise us we would sit with him on his Father's throne in heaven, but he promised us we would sit with him on his own throne on the earth. Of course we must overcome by keeping his commandments until the end. Jesus is called a king throughout the bible, but people don't seem to take this fact literally.

Pilate answered, Am I a Jew? Thine own nation and the chief priests have delivered thee unto me: what hast thou done? Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

So we see Jesus kingdom is not yet, but let’s see what else was said to Jesus, by Pilate.

Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. Jesus said that he was born into the world to be a king (St. John 18:35,36,37). Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. After he was born and just a baby, the wise men came looking for him "...(Matthew 2:1).

When he died for our sins, this was even the title written on his cross, "...JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS." Nevertheless, all kings must have a place to rule from, just as the emperors ruled from Rome and president’s rule from Washington, D. C. Well, Jesus is the great king and Jerusalem is the city that he will rule from.

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6).

When Jesus makes his second coming he will be on earth for thousands years, with the saint and those who came out of the great tribulation.
2 ressurections, i agree that the first is for the saved to be with Jesus and the 2nd is after the 1000 years.

The 2nd is for all the unsaved to face the judgement.

My bible tells me that the saved will be with Jesus in Heaven for the 1000 years and the Earth will be make new after the destruction of the devil and sin.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
2 ressurections, i agree that the first is for the saved to be with Jesus and the 2nd is after the 1000 years.

The 2nd is for all the unsaved to face the judgement.

My bible tells me that the saved will be with Jesus in Heaven for the 1000 years and the Earth will be make new after the destruction of the devil and sin.
I'm glad you agree with resurrections, but my Bible tells me that the Saints will rein with Christ a thousands on earth.
Let's go into Matthew 24: 29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Let's take a look at these Elects in Revelation 20:4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Notice what these Saints had to go thought to come up in the first resurrection, but let's see if they on earth or in the third heaven. Let's skip down to verse 7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison, 8 and shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea. 9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

So it looks like earth we see here, and look, the Father came from heaven and fire came down, because Jesus and the Saints are already on earth.When Jesus died for our sins, this was even the title written on his cross, "...JESUS OF NAZARETH THE KING OF THE JEWS." Nevertheless, all kings must have a place to rule from, just as the emperors ruled from Rome and president’s rule from Washington, D. C. Well, Jesus is the great king and Jerusalem is the city that he will rule from.

After returning to the earth, Jesus will take over and rule all other ruler ships. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed. (Daniel 7:13-14). And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.(Revelation 11:15).

That's why he is not only called a king, but called KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. "And the kingdom and dominion and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most high, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom. AND ALL DOMINIONS SHALL SERVE AND OBEY HIM" (Daniel 7:27).

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
You did not complete the thought. Not "coming down to man" but "coming down from Heaven". However since it gives marvelous light to the earth it becomes a heavenly body which remains in the first heaven to replace the sun.
The scriptures don't say it will remain in the first heaven and replace the sun..

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
I guess the meek will inherit the earth, since the kingdom is under the whole heaven and not up in heaven. As we have seen the kingdom of Jesus will last forever. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6).

After ruling for a thousand years with his saints, Jesus will then have judgment day. And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (Revelation 20: 11-15) Read the whole chapter! All who are found worthy will enter into his kingdom and the rest will enter the lake of fire.

At this time new Jerusalem, the place that Jesus went to prepare, will come down from God out of heaven. Jesus never promised to take us up to this place, "and if I go and prepare a place for you I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (St. John 14:3). Therefore, after Jesus returns and rules for a thousand years, the place that he went to prepare will be seen "...coming down from God out of heaven, prepared-as a bride adorned for her husband" (Revelation 21:2). We won't ever get to heaven, but heaven will get to us. Yes, the kingdom of heaven will be right here on the earth, because God wants his will to be done in earth as it is in heaven.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The scriptures don't say it will remain in the first heaven and replace the sun..
Well since you are looking for textbook definitions instead of connecting the dots, you won't find what is revealed. This is one of the most prevalent errors today among Christians. "Oh, it does not say exactly that, therefore it cannot be true!"

Dec 21, 2020
Well since you are looking for textbook definitions instead of connecting the dots, you won't find what is revealed. This is one of the most prevalent errors today among Christians. "Oh, it does not say exactly that, therefore it cannot be true!"
The Bible does not say that God is not the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so He is?

You're doing more than "connecting the dots" to believe that New Jerusalem will be a celestial body that orbits the new earth.

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
With all of this evidence of God's kingdom being on the earth, why do so many people believe they are going to heaven? Many people have misunderstood some of Paul's writings (II Peter 3:15-16) and they simply disregard the other scriptures. For instance, what people call "the rapture" is merely the second coming of Jesus. This will not take place before the great tribulation, as commonly taught, but after it. At the sound of the seventh trumpet the dead in Christ, living saints will meet the Lord in the air, But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. (I Thessalonians 4:13-17) as he returns to establish his kingdom.

The sounding of the trumpet lets us know that this "so-called rapture" is after the tribulation, "Immediately after the tribulation...they shall see the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven...and he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet..." (Matthew 24:29:31). Many people teach that the dead saints, such as Elijah, are already in heaven. If this were true then they wouldn't have to be raised from the dead to meet Jesus in the air when he returns.

The entire bible changes if the saints were in heaven, even eliminating the first resurrection …And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years. (Revelation 20:4-6).

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Why raise the dead if they are already in heaven? The bible speaks of three heavens….It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord. I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth such an one caught up to the third heaven. (2 Corinthians 12:1-2), so which one would the saints go to anyway? Jesus was talking about the third heaven when he said, "...no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven.." This means Elijah or no other man (except Jesus) has went up to the heaven where the Father's throne is at.

Many of us, including Elijah, have been transported through the second heaven, which is the sky. This heaven is called the firmament, where airplanes and birds fly. The first heaven is the earth. This is where Jesus will establish his heavenly kingdom. Jesus commanded us to preach the gospel of the kingdom and pray for its fulfillment. It is impossible to preach the Gospel of Jesus without ever preaching about his future kingdom.

Everything, including our hope, is tied into this gospel message. If we choose to believe contrary to the gospel then we are believing a lie. Remember, "the truth shall make you free." There's only one gospel! "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed" (Galatians 1:8). This is serious business, so let us preach and pray "THY KINGDOM COME!" This is the gospel of Jesus.

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

it is now and today, and is not taught as a today thing, but a later after death thing. there are many more scriptures, that show it's a now thing and remain being taught an after death thing. Songs are sung showing it's an after death thing, John 14 is taught as an after death thing. Finding God is written but taught as an after death thing, being made free is still taught as an after death thing. Even the prophecy of entering into the kingdom of God is taught as an after death thing when prophecy is given for the living and not the dead. Jesus even went after the Pharisee's for not entering and hindering those that would. The Bible teaches it's now and those that seek will find what is not by observation but within.

John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Jesus is that miracle from within!

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

ty I enjoyed reading the OP, God bless you!

BroTan

Sep 16, 2021
Luke 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

it is now and today, and is not taught as a today thing, but a later after death thing. there are many more scriptures, that show it's a now thing and remain being taught an after death thing. Songs are sung showing it's an after death thing, John 14 is taught as an after death thing. Finding God is written but taught as an after death thing, being made free is still taught as an after death thing. Even the prophecy of entering into the kingdom of God is taught as an after death thing when prophecy is given for the living and not the dead. Jesus even went after the Pharisee's for not entering and hindering those that would. The Bible teaches it's now and those that seek will find what is not by observation but within.

John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hebrews 5:14 But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

2 Peter 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

Ephesians 4:21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus:

Ephesians 5:14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.

Jesus is that miracle from within!

Galatians 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you,

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Hebrews 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

1 Peter 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.

ty I enjoyed reading the OP, God bless you!
Praise God in Jesus mighty name....A man asked Jesus this very question, "...What good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?", and Jesus replied, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:16-19). This was a direct answer to a direct question. Faith and works go together and you can't have one without the other. "Here is the patience of the saints; here are they that keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus" (Revelation 14:12).

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
Where is that in the Bible?
It’s the holy spirit speaking

“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He came from heaven. Notice after this is when Jesus starts saying things like this

“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Often he says things like this

“Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The holy spirit came from heaven and preached the gospel through the body of Christ

Dec 21, 2020
It’s the holy spirit speaking

“Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened, and the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:21-22‬ ‭KJV‬‬

He came from heaven. Notice after this is when Jesus starts saying things like this

“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:38‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.”
‭‭John‬ ‭8:23‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Often he says things like this

“Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.”
‭‭John‬ ‭14:9-10‬ ‭KJV‬‬

The holy spirit came from heaven and preached the gospel through the body of Christ
My post was a response to Nehemiah's post:
Nehemiah said:
You did not complete the thought. Not "coming down to man" but "coming down from Heaven". However since it [New Jerusalem] gives marvelous light to the earth it becomes a heavenly body which remains in the first heaven to replace the sun.
He seems to think that New Jerusalem will be "a heavenly body which remains in the first heaven to replace the sun."

I do not see how your post addresses that. Thanks.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
My post was a response to Nehemiah's post:
He seems to think that New Jerusalem will be "a heavenly body which remains in the first heaven to replace the sun."

I do not see how your post addresses that. Thanks.
a yeah I hadn’t meant to reply was just reading along it wasn’t a reply to you was meant for his post regarding Jesus coming from heaven the Holy Spirit came from heaven was the point.

I just clicked when I was reading yours sorry