The gospel of the kingdom, the everlasting gospel, gospel of Christ, etc.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
Not quite. We can't even see the Kingdom of God unless we are born again. Those who refuse to carry their cross and deny themselves may well be saved, but they are not active in the Kingdom of God. Some Christians fail to appreciate that entry to the Kingdom of God is through tribulation. Sitting on the sidelines observing is not enough. No one hands out prizes to spectators.
Israel was promised a physical kingdom, where God rules over them from David's throne in Jerusalem. That is the "Kingdom of God" mentioned in the 4 gospels.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
The Lord said be doers of the word..as below and also...Christ said..do not call me lord lord and do not do as I say....
James...

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
1¶James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
I believe you have misunderstood what Paul said about entering the Kingdom of God through much tribulation. He was not making tribulation a condition for entry, since eternal life is a free gift of God, and so is the New Birth (which gives entry into the Kingdom). What Paul meant is that Christians will not have an easy time on earth before they enter the eternal Kingdom of God. And the persecution and martyrdom of Christians has been a fact of life since 30 AD. But God regards all His saints as a Royal Priesthood already. See 1 Peter.
Sure. Inwardly, ie spiritually, we are complete in Christ. "As He is, so are we in the world". Yet is is obvious that outwardly we are far from the perfect person that God intends for us to be. So there is a lifetime process that Peter and James call "The salvation of the soul".

There are several aspects to this salvation. Books have been written about it, notably by Watchman Nee. It's rarely preached because few understand it or see the need. Baptists (and others) call it progressive sanctification. This is a a misunderstanding of what sanctification is about.

Some of the aspects include:

Spiritual knowledge - hence the ministry gifts and body ministry
Renewing of the mind - the intellect has a great capacity to argue against God's word
Self reliance - the great weakness of the vast majority of Christians

Faith needs to be proven and refined. Difficult circumstances reveal to us whether or not our faith is real or simply mental assent. James tells us to count trials "pure joy". Why? It bring us to maturity. Difficult circumstances also break down the proud self image that we all have of ourselves. We do not really believe that apart from Jesus, we can do nothing. We can do all kinds of things! What we fail to see is that God considers anything outside of Christ to be nothing.

When we are struggling, as I am right now, God is doing His greatest work. I do not understand what I'm going through. I will not ask God to relieve the pressure. I do ask for grace to endure until the trial has achieved its purpose. God's grace is always sufficient.

We are exhorted to seek the Kingdom of God first. If kingdom living was automatic, there would be no need for such an exhortation. We can only experience a taste of the Kingdom at present. One day, soon I hope, the Kingdom will come in all its power and glory.

It is possible to have eternal life and yet be shut out of the Kingdom. Such people will enjoy the new heavens and new earth but they will miss out on God's best for them. Matthew 25, parable of the virgins, relates to this.

Jan 12, 2019
Sure. Inwardly, ie spiritually, we are complete in Christ. "As He is, so are we in the world". Yet is is obvious that outwardly we are far from the perfect person that God intends for us to be. So there is a lifetime process that Peter and James call "The salvation of the soul".

There are several aspects to this salvation. Books have been written about it, notably by Watchman Nee. It's rarely preached because few understand it or see the need. Baptists (and others) call it progressive sanctification. This is a a misunderstanding of what sanctification is about.

Renewing of the mind - the intellect has a great capacity to argue against God's word

Faith needs to be proven and refined. Difficult circumstances reveal to us whether or not our faith is real or simply mental assent. James tells us to count trials "pure joy". Why? It bring us to maturity. Difficult circumstances also break down the proud self image that we all have of ourselves. We do not really believe that apart from Jesus, we can do nothing. We can do all kinds of things! What we fail to see is that God considers anything outside of Christ to be nothing.

When we are struggling, as I am right now, God is doing His greatest work. I do not understand what I'm going through. I will not ask God to relieve the pressure. I do ask for grace to endure until the trial has achieved its purpose. God's grace is always sufficient.

We are exhorted to seek the Kingdom of God first. If kingdom living was automatic, there would be no need for such an exhortation. We can only experience a taste of the Kingdom at present. One day, soon I hope, the Kingdom will come in all its power and glory.

It is possible to have eternal life and yet be shut out of the Kingdom. Such people will enjoy the new heavens and new earth but they will miss out on God's best for them. Matthew 25, parable of the virgins, relates to this.
You believe the kingdom of God that james was talking about is spiritual?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Israel was promised a physical kingdom, where God rules over them from David's throne in Jerusalem. That is the "Kingdom of God" mentioned in the 4 gospels.
I don't agree, for a number of reasons. They include 1 Peter 2:11.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

///We are exhorted to seek the Kingdom of God first. /// Which verse are WE told this? Sounds like a verse in Matthew 6 to Israel ?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
///We are exhorted to seek the Kingdom of God first. /// Which verse are WE told this? Sounds like a verse in Matthew 6 to Israel ?
You believe that Jesus only preached to Israel? In a sense you are correct. However, the gospel of the kingdom is to be preached to the ends of the earth. Salvation came through the Jews, but the Jews rejected Christ, hence the destruction of the temple, then Israel as a nation. The Kingdom Jesus came to set up is not of this world. All who are born again are able to enter, if they are prepared to take up their cross, deny themselves and be disciples. In Christ, there is no Jew/Gentile distinction.

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020
I wanted to get some feedback on:

Are these all basically referring to the same gospel: gospel of the kingdom, the everlasting gospel, the gospel of Christ, the gospel of God, gospel of the grace of God, the gospel of peace, the gospel of the uncircumcision, and where the term gospel seems to be used generically.

Bonus question: is the gospel that is "preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations" in Matthew 24:14 a reference to the great commission (Matt. 28:19-20) or is it a reference to the angel who preaches the everlasting gospel to all the nations mentioned in Revelation 14:6-7?

Underlines added by me.
Bible used: KJV
Matthew 24:14
14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Mark 1:1
1The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

Acts 14:7
7And there they preached the gospel.

Acts 20:24
24But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Romans 1:1
1Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Romans 10:15
15And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Galatians 2:7
7But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;

Revelation 14:6-7
6And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
7Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

yes there’s only one gospel the gospel of the kingdom . The epistles call it many different things from the gospel of grave to the gospel of salvation gospel of hope , word of life , word of truth ect all of those names are describing attributes focused on in the gospel.

it’s full of grace and truth so it’s called the gospel of grave , the word of truth , it offers eternal life somkrnis called the word of life. There’s only the one gospel it doesn’t matter who preached it afterwards

as to the Angel , my opinion is that the angel in revelation is conveying the message that the gospel would be preached from heaven to all the world as a witness

He came from heaven

“For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”
‭‭John‬ ‭6:38‬ ‭

spoke Gods everlasting word

“Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.”
‭‭John‬ ‭5:24‬ ‭KJV‬‬

sent that word to all people through the believers of his day and then those who believed spread ot further into the world until today it’s everywhere

“And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it? It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth: But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

And with many such parables spake he the word unto them, as they were able to hear it.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭4:30-33‬ ‭KJV‬‬

it began a small group who believed Jesus and they spread it to mothers who spread it to others and it now reaches into all nations with the same offer of salvation . What began as a small groups faith now saves and comforts souls even today by the millions across the globe

the image of the angel is showing the superiority and heavenly nature of the gospel that it is from God and everlasting

“Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”
‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:23, 25‬ ‭

it wasn’t a coincidence Jesus foretold this

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

until the end the gospel is the same

“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:8‬ ‭KJV‬‬

in fact the gospel of the kingdom is what prophets were always promising would come

there is no other way no other truth to believe Christ was as far as God reached out to us what he said is the eternal binding word for salvation of any man

Jul 23, 2018
This is where the rubber meets the road. For those that say " its all the same " may as well quit reading the bible and just stick to their favourite sermons on line . The bible cannot be understood if all the time the word ' Gospel ' is used ,its just the same . I find this response so silly in light of who is the ultimate author of Scripture, who is not arbitrary or unable to communicate clearly things different are not the same.
Your view has been forever tainted. I am so glad i could read your teachers and spend time with an even more rigid follower of your teachers.
I know your doctrine.
I read up on it and debated your like minded individual in person.

Very simple bible reading blows a huge hole in your deal.

Here is the TRUTH of the matter ;

The gospel to the jew is CENTERED ON " MESSIAH"

THE GOSPEL TO THE GENLTILE is centered on a savior that they do not have a root in. ( the unknown God). They have not had the OPPORTUNITY to hear of " messiah" nor do they know what any one means when they are told " have you heard the messiah has come"

They reply " who is that or what is that?"

To the jew i reach them through " messiah". It would be so ignorant to leave that out.

Therefore to the jew we preach messiah...to the gentile " Jesus"

ONE AND THE SAME PERSON AND MESSAGE.

ONE GOSPEL...NOT TWO.

Jul 23, 2018
1¶James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
....and you have been shown that if you bothered to keep reading James addresses "church" , "elders", laying on of hands, "healing", "forgiving sins" , and others.

No orthodox jew is finding ANY OF THAT RELEVANT.

It was written go the church.

Not orthodox jews.

Btw the church was all jewish in the beginning

Jul 23, 2018
""Hey I have ' good news ' "
" About what? "
" Exactly "
Exactly.

That is why it is clearly explained.

Good news is not your doctrine or mine.

It is a person.

His name is Jesus.

Doctrine did not meet paul on the road, a person did.

Doctrine did not meet me. Jesus did...WITH NO DOCTRINE AT ALL.

You need to totally re examine your entire deal.

Jul 23, 2018
When you witness give them Jesus.

Do not give them some doctrine.

They need what paul got. A LIVING PERSON.

Give them Jesus.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Your view has been forever tainted. I am so glad i could read your teachers and spend time with an even more rigid follower of your teachers.
I know your doctrine.
I read up on it and debated your like minded individual in person.

Very simple bible reading blows a huge hole in your deal.

Here is the TRUTH of the matter ;

The gospel to the jew is CENTERED ON " MESSIAH"

THE GOSPEL TO THE GENLTILE is centered on a savior that they do not have a root in. ( the unknown God). They have not had the OPPORTUNITY to hear of " messiah" nor do they know what any one means when they are told " have you heard the messiah has come"

They reply " who is that or what is that?"

To the jew i reach them through " messiah". It would be so ignorant to leave that out.

Therefore to the jew we preach messiah...to the gentile " Jesus"

ONE AND THE SAME PERSON AND MESSAGE.

ONE GOSPEL...NOT TWO.
Yes this is what I was taught as a new believer. Two ' techniques ' of preaching the gospel. Peters approach to the Jews and Paul to gentiles.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
....and you have been shown that if you bothered to keep reading James addresses "church" , "elders", laying on of hands, "healing", "forgiving sins" , and others.

No orthodox jew is finding ANY OF THAT RELEVANT.

It was written go the church.

Not orthodox jews.

Btw the church was all jewish in the beginning
What happens is people read the ' content of James and try to adapt verse 1 to fit . Instead of starting with verse 1 , believing verse 1 ,and in light of verse 1 ,understand the context of the whole book . That and trying to ' harmonise ' Romans 4 ,5 with James .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Exactly.

That is why it is clearly explained.

Good news is not your doctrine or mine.

It is a person.

His name is Jesus.

Doctrine did not meet paul on the road, a person did.

Doctrine did not meet me. Jesus did...WITH NO DOCTRINE AT ALL.

You need to totally re examine your entire deal.
So do you have a verse that SAYS the good news is a person ? . This sounds like one of those answers that's righteous sounding , it hits all the right notes but is the same non specific response every child answers in Sunday school " Jesus " being the answer to every question . Your begging the question by saying " the good news is Jesus " . Whist that is correct in a general sense ,its non specific. Jesus is the answer to most bible questions ,in a way . So its a bit of a fluffy , over arching statement . I can believe that Jesus is the power of God to salvation rom 1 .16 , but how ? and how do I appropriate?

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
What is it about 1 Peter 2:11 that indicates to you Israel was not promised a physical kingdom?
It is written to Christians, not Jews. Or do you think that the distinction still remains, in spite of the Bible statements to the contrary?

Jan 12, 2019
It is written to Christians, not Jews. Or do you think that the distinction still remains, in spite of the Bible statements to the contrary?
Peter was addressing the strangers scattered abroad in 1 Peter 1:1.

Only Jews can be scattered since Israel is the only nation that had a covenant with God.

Gentiles come from every other nation so no one would describe Gentile Christians as "scattered".

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
You believe the kingdom of God that james was talking about is spiritual?
The Kingdom of God is primarily spiritual. it is the place where Satan is cast out and the will of God is done. Lord Jesus will return and reign from Jerusalem for 1000 years, but that reign is over all the earth, not just Israel. Once the Millennium is finished, and Satan dealt with once and for all, there will be a new heavens and a new earth.