The Gospels

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Are the Gospels directed to the lost sheep of the house of Israel only?[/QUO

short answer:

Jesus SAID, I come ONLY to the lost sheep of ISRAEL.......Matthew 15:24
Israel had been chosen as the nation God would reveal Himself to and to receive His word. The entire ministry of Jesus was during the time of LAW which was given specifically to the Jews.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Paul was sent to the Gentiles by the Lord. ACTS 9:13

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Jesus actually referred to the lost sheep of Israsl
Matt 15:24 "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:
what version of the bible is THAT in? (and kings etc) or is that your own idea?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus actually referred to the lost sheep of Israel
Matt 15:24 "I was sent ONLY to the lost sheep of the house of Israel
There's no need to take this Scripture and misapply it beyond its context. Even while Jesus of Nazareth ministered primarily to the Jews, He had occasion to minister to Gentiles at various times. And His teachings are UNIVERSAL. Even the despised Samaritans who believed on Him saw Him as "the Savior of the world".

JOHN 4
40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

41 And many more believed because of his own word;

42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Churinga

Nov 12, 2018
You have allowed the scripture to speak for itself which is rare these days, Jesus gave strict instructions about not going to the Gentiles to the Disciples which people miss entirely, isolated instances of interaction between our Lord and non Jews cannot prove that Jesus contradicted Himself the Holy Spirit did not fall on the Gentiles until the Book of Acts, thanks for your comment.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
There's no need to take this Scripture and misapply it beyond its context. Even while Jesus of Nazareth ministered primarily to the Jews, He had occasion to minister to Gentiles at various times. And His teachings are UNIVERSAL. Even the despised Samaritans who believed on Him saw Him as "the Savior of the world".

JOHN 4
40 So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

41 And many more believed because of his own word;

42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.
Jesus said He came ONLY to the lost sheep OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL. period. and then there you go taking scripture out of context and putting your own undestanding on them........tsk tsk

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Jesus said He came ONLY to the lost sheep OF THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL. period. and then there you go taking scripture out of context and putting your own undestanding on them........tsk tsk
Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Acts 9:15 "But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:"
Did you happen to notice that Acts 9:15 is the Lord referring to PAUL???????
REfer YoU to Matt 15:24 _ Jesus says HE is sent only to lost sheep of house of Israel.
I think this has been posted about 20 times already.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Did you happen to notice that Acts 9:15 is the Lord referring to PAUL???????
REfer YoU to Matt 15:24 _ Jesus says HE is sent only to lost sheep of house of Israel.
I think this has been posted about 20 times already.
Go back to look at post #24. He posted Acts 9:15 with the reference right in front of it. I don't know how you missed it. :cool:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The "Jews" called Gentiles dogs. It didn't matter whether you were of the lost sheep of the House of Israel (ten tribes?) or a Caananite or some other origin. I think Jesus was making two points in the above verses, He was sent to bring the House of Israel back into His coming Kingdom, but God has always taken in to the "fold" anyone who wants to follow the God of Israel.
Being as you are bringing this up. I don't care much for your inference that Jesus was merely the God of Israel. No, like it was pointed out by the Samaritan woman: He is the God of the whole world. His ministry was directed at Israel but He actually created and OWNS the entire world and everything in it. :)

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Being as you are bringing this up. I don't care much for your inference that Jesus was merely the God of Israel. No, like it was pointed out by the Samaritan woman: He is the God of the whole world. His ministry was directed at Israel but He actually created and OWNS the entire world and everything in it. :)
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

Grace911

Nov 11, 2018
My deepest apology for using the terminology "God of Israel". I have found in Ephesians 2:19 the household of God

and Galatians_6:10 household of faith. Do either of these appeal more to you?

I don't believe Jesus OWNS the entire world and everything in it, yet. When Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, Jesus did not correct Satan. Satan is at present still the legal owner of this world as Satan took it from Adam. Jesus came (one of many reasons) to take back this world and then after he has put all under Him, hand it over to the Father.

Mat_4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.

Luk_4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it. 7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

Isa_45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Rev_11:15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.
Rev_12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Rev_17:17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

1 Corinthians 15:24-28 24Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27For he "has put everything under his feet." Now when it says that "everything" has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
My deepest apology for using the terminology "God of Israel". I have found in Ephesians 2:19 the household of God

and Galatians_6:10 household of faith. Do either of these appeal more to you?

I don't believe Jesus OWNS the entire world and everything in it, yet. When Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, Jesus did not correct Satan. Satan is at present still the legal owner of this world as Satan took it from Adam. Jesus came (one of many reasons) to take back this world and then after he has put all under Him, hand it over to the Father.
We need go no further. Let's address what you believe. God in the beginning created... everything. He own everything. On the sixth day God created mankind and directly gave man dominion over the earth and its contents (Gen. 1:26, 28). God is still the owner, but man is now in charge.

Along comes Satan and causes man's fall. Sin nature takes over and causes man to sin even more. Satan then becomes the de facto ruler of the world system (important distinction). How does the devil rule? By influencing man without man's knowledge. He is called the "prince of the power of air"(Eph. 2:2) by being able to transmit thoughts into anyone's mind, save for God's believers. God knew this would happen and He made provisions for all of it.

Right before man (under Satan's influence) completely destroys all life on earth, God will intervene and save us from ourselves. God will then take over and show us the right way to govern. :cool: