I have had both Covid and Omicron. Covid was far more serious and left me with issue for at least six months if not a year. Omicron took me less than a week to recover fully. Both of these conferred immunity to me. After recovering from Covid I worked in the schools in a place that was certainly exposed repeatedly in Brooklyn. I had no issues at all. I view Omicron as a "booster" to my immune system.
Yep - that's the natural God given order. But we still have to accept that many many people died simply because they were not vaccinated. They did die - and no one can deny that fact in good conscience. I saw the first vaccinations produce some extreme neurological symptoms and for a while I simply couldn't understand what I was seeing. And then when I referred to my journal I realised that what I was observing was almost identical to the symptoms I observed when the same person was infected by Covid back in March 2020. They didn't have their first vaccination until early 2021. But the neurological symptoms were identical. I almost decided then that I wasn't going to support any further vaccinations in people with sever cognitive impairment where spasticity was also present. I knew several people who were in the same position and so advising them when I was asked became a real problem - and of course they had to make their own decision to ensure that there was no denial of liberty. But some folks lack mental capacity - and in that instance it would likely be impossible to deny a vaccination program that saves many lives.
I didn't witness any pressure by anyone in the UK to require vaccination as a condition of liberty - other than the Covid regulations that affected the entire population utilising various statutory frameworks that adapted to epidemic conditions. But I do understand that a mandatory precept is psychologically threatening and can lead to problems for some people. I can also see that there is a theological narrative that has another more sinister meaning. The simple truth is that serving others in an environment that impacts their physical health and wellbeing is not the same as asserting that pastors should be permitted to hold church services during lockdown. Making that comparison or even alluding to it is a mistake I believe. And the problem is that clinically vulnerable people have a greater need for public resources than many people who are capable of riding out the symptoms when they become infected.

