The Great Deception

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Sirk

Interesting thread. Personally, I have a suspicion that the great deception is actually evolution. While I do have reasons for that, I won't go into great detail right now other than to say that Europe and North America were (not so long ago) predominantly Christianized regions. Enter evolution, and within a hundred years, they are "post-Christian". Sounds like a great deception to me. ;)
This is an cool perspective. We sort of tend to think in the short term. But God takes His time on things...cuz His time is the right time. We think the the deception being this pivotal moment in time where God is describing in terms of a gradual shift?

Does that reflect what you are saying here?

P

pottersclay

​personally I think Bruce Jenner was the great deception.

Jan 15, 2011
I do not know whether or not it would be proper to call it The Great Deception; however, I do know "absolutely beyond a shadow of a doubt" that - in a big way, "to extreme" - it has served to steer people away from the truth about the End Times Scenario and the Second Coming of Christ...

I also know - based on experience - that, in a split second, it can turn otherwise very nice calm easy-going people into monsters - ready to tear your head off - at the mere mention of the possibility that it might not be true.

This "anger reaction" that [ some ] people have -- cannot come from God -- it must come from Satan.

So -- if, by chance, you are a pre-trib person who reacts this way -- please consider the possibility that you may be reacting this way because Satan has talked you into believing a lie... :eek: ( And, when someone challenges that lie, you react the way Satan wants you to... :( )

IF you react to "pre-trib doctrine" discussion in a way that is largely different than the way you react to "other doctrine" discussions -- please consider what I have said here -- this reaction of which I speak is very real, and - what is behind it is not "righteous anger"...

Anything that is the opposite of the fruit of the Spirit ( Galations 5:22-23 ) -- guess where that comes from... ;)

( Sorry, I do not mean to derail the thread; nor am I trying to "start something"; I just decided that this was a good time to say something that needed to be said. )

:)
To be honest, I've found that to mention the pre-tribulational harpadzo with scripture causes those who hold to a post-tribulational harpadzo to rise up in anger. Even at mentioning the mere possibility that a post tribulational catching away may not be true will cause this reaction.

I think that the AntiChrist's Great Deception is possibly a number of things that sound good, feel good, promote unity at the expense of truth, and thus draw people away from the Truth.

G

GaryA

To be honest, I've found that to mention the pre-tribulational harpadzo with scripture causes those who hold to a post-tribulational harpadzo to rise up in anger. Even at mentioning the mere possibility that a post tribulational catching away may not be true will cause this reaction.
I suppose there are "some of every persuasion"; although, I am quite certain that I [ personally ] have only seen this kind of reaction from a 'pre-trib' person...

I am thinking that most 'post-trib' people are probably "steady and firm", if they truly understand the 'post-trib' view; they should very rarely get bent-out-of-shape over the 'rapture' issue - because, they know the truth... ;)

Should a Christian get bent-out-of-shape because a lost person does not understand what the Bible says? No -- because, the Christian - knowing the truth of the scriptures - also knows why the lost person does not understand.

You have to be patient with them until they can understand it for themselves...

Likewise, a person who understands the truth of the scriptures regarding the End Times Scenario will also know why another person may not understand it.

You have to be patient with them until they can understand it for themselves...

( And --- we should all be able to discuss the End Times Scenario [ on CC ] without anyone getting bent-out-of-shape over it... )

G

GaryA

Who could possibly return back to a field, a person that is “taken” or a person that is “left” ?
Luke 17:

[SUP]31[/SUP] In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

It is talking about a person in the field not returning to the house... ;)

A

AboundingGrace

Satan is in control of the world right now. It is plain from scripture that Adam handed over title and deed to him at the fall. I wonder if the great deception is when satan plays his trump card and reveals to the world that alien contact has been made. Just a thought.
Satan has already been doing that through entertainment media, news reports of alien abductions, crop circles, etc.

G

Gigantor

Satan has done an effective job creating many great deceptions. Even the elect are capable of being deceived. Pick your deception(s) from among the following>> Deception 1. Yashua's (Christ's) Birthday celebrated on Dec.25 is false. Dec.25 is the birthday of Tamuz the reincarnated sun-god aka Nimrod of Babylon. Deception 2. Under the authority of the Rome, the church, through Emperor Constantine, the Sabbath was changed to Sunday. This is false as the Sabbath day is Saturday the 7th day of the week. Yashua observed the Sabbath on the seventh day of the week. Deception 3. Flora, Fauna and Mankind are the result of evolution which may have been seeded by aliens. Deception 4. The pre-trib rapture will whisk away believers so they won't face the great tribulation. When this doesn't happen the love of many falsely led believers will wax cold and a great falling away (rebellion) will happen. Deception 5. Yashua's second coming is imminent, any day (false) as there are prerequisites that have to occur first. a) Satan will be cast down to the realm of earth and b) the anti-christ will then be revealed and then c) the abomination that makes desolate will be established in the Temple at Jerusalem. d) the anti-christ will seek to elevate himself as God and many lying signs and wonders will he perform. At 3 1/2 years the Great tribulation Yashua will end it or no flesh would be left alive. Deception 6 There are many different paths, gates and doors to enter the Kingdom of God. (False) as the only way to enter the Kingdom is through the living Gate, Door and that is Yashua. All other religious dogmas, stating otherwise, are mortally wrong. These are a few of the false deceptions invented to snare us.