The Great Tribulation VS The Rapture Debate

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

amberlynlover7

Ok so there are many Christians people who believe in the Rapture. While there other who don't instead believe in the Great Tribulation. So do you think at the end of the world we will fly and be with Jesus or we be left behind and face the anti christ until the end of the world.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
The great tribulation happened in the 1st century AD.

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

S

SpoonJuly

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
Mat 24:34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.
You are wrong about everything.

A

amberlynlover7

O

Ok if the Great Tribulation happens a long time ago? Who was the anti christ? What about the Rapture which many Christian claim the end of the world? Do you believe if there is a Rapture or not?

A

amberlynlover7

You are wrong about everything.
How is Locusts wrong? If she or he has provided some scripture that prove his or her point. On his or her thoughts about the Great Tribulation?

Dec 12, 2013
Ok so there are many Christians people who believe in the Rapture. While there other who don't instead believe in the Great Tribulation. So do you think at the end of the world we will fly and be with Jesus or we be left behind and face the anti christ until the end of the world.
Then you have others that believe in both....the ingathering (a.k.a. rapture) taking place post tribulation pre wrath.........

A

amberlynlover7

Then you have others that believe in both....the ingathering (a.k.a. rapture) taking place post tribulation pre wrath.........
Ok questions. If there both the Rapture and Great Tribulation. Do you think the Great Tribulation happens to first or it happens before the Rapture?

S

Stranger36147

Hahaha Lol I'm now more curious too see people reaction on this thread. Btw you didn't even shate your own thoughts or perspective on the Rapture and Great Tribulation?
Honestly, I really don't care about this stuff anymore. There was a time when I did care, but not anymore. I still have faith, but I don't concern myself with eschatology and whether it's true or not.

delirious

Mar 16, 2017
How is Locusts wrong? If she or he has provided some scripture that prove his or her point. On his or her thoughts about the Great Tribulation?
Locutus is not wrong. He holds the same view I do and knows how to read his Bible.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
O

Ok if the Great Tribulation happens a long time ago? Who was the anti christ? What about the Rapture which many Christian claim the end of the world? Do you believe if there is a Rapture or not?
The "man of sin and "the anti-christ" have become conflated and confused" in some theologies.

2 Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

1 John 2:18 (Young's Literal) Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many -- whence we know that it is the last hour.

Notice how John says "now antichrists have become many", the man of sin would most likely be considered one of the many antichrists.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
The "man of sin and "the anti-christ" have become conflated and confused" in some theologies.

2 Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

1 John 2:18 (Young's Literal) Little youths, it is the last hour; and even as ye heard that the antichrist doth come, even now antichrists have become many -- whence we know that it is the last hour.

Notice how John says "now antichrists have become many", the man of sin would most likely be considered one of the many antichrists.

From curiosity of how you worded this do you see the MoS and the term antichrist the same(meaning the same individual spoken of) or is MoS and antichrist two different things?

I'll explain a little as to why I ask,,,that is In Revelation 17:7 the angel ask John why he marveled and then tells him that he would explain these things to him(John) as if he did not fully understand this at that point...

So there's John 1,2,3 and the Gospel of John so why does John (not understand) who or what these things are in Rev.17:7 when he seems to understand it(antichrist) when he writes John 2,3 ?

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
From curiosity of how you worded this do you see the MoS and the term antichrist the same(meaning the same individual spoken of) or is MoS and antichrist two different things?

I'll explain a little as to why I ask,,,that is In Revelation 17:7 the angel ask John why he marveled and then tells him that he would explain these things to him(John) as if he did not fully understand this at that point...

So there's John 1,2,3 and the Gospel of John so why does John (not understand) who or what these things are in Rev.17:7 when he seems to understand it(antichrist) when he writes John 2,3 ?
Good questions Bro - in regards to the man of sin in Paul as "against" John's anti-Christ(s) I can't say for sure if John was implying the same person - I tend to think not.

Rev 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

Rev 17:7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

John most likely when not in his visionary state would have not been "surprised" at the identities of the woman and the beast, I think the overwhelming power of the visions is why he "wondered", this would probably have been a similar "effect" when John "fell at his feet as dead"

Rev 1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Iconoclast

May 27, 2017
O

Nero

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
lol, it just jumps out at me that most theological opinions list his Gospel then John 1,2,3 and then Revelation in the order they think they were written. In Revelation he needs to have it explained to him as if he don't get it, but in John 1&2 he don't as if he does understand it and is in fact explaining it(Chicken or the egg?). So how can he explain the antichrist in one book and after this have it explained to him as if he didn't understand if they are the same?

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
lol, they revolted against Nero,known as first Jewish revolt which is substantial evidence in it's self that "revolt against" and "worship and take mark" are completely opposite.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
lol, it just jumps out at me that most theological opinions list his Gospel then John 1,2,3 and then Revelation in the order they think they were written. In Revelation he needs to have it explained to him as if he don't get it, but in John 1&2 he don't as if he does understand it and is in fact explaining it(Chicken or the egg?). So how can he explain the antichrist in one book and after this have it explained to him as if he didn't understand if they are the same?
I think you have to take into account the visionary/narrative nature of his revelation.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I don't find any mention of antichrist in John's third letter.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I think you have to take into account the visionary/narrative nature of his revelation.

2 John 1:7 For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

I don't find any mention of antichrist in John's third letter.

lol me either I was referring to the order most see them written in "The Gospel,John 1,then 2,then 3,,, then Rev."....

The last book has something explained to him he according to most understood already in John 1&2 ,,,(afterwards), he writes the book where he is given it's understanding.