The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
a 686 with 6" barrel followed me home from the last show, think I will like it a lot.
I'll bet that will be a smooth shooter.... I used to have a 4" that was really nice... a little loud, but nice. Smith makes a slick action....

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
There is a heart thing too. The man who had it was selling it for a widow, it was her husbands favorite and she was going
to keep it based on that but after a while decided to sell it.
You know how it is, the Lord guides you to something because He delights in giving us the desire of our heart if we truly walk with Him. He helped me daily in my years in maintenance, showing me what and where the trouble was and how to resolve it.

T

Tabitha4thelord

I think we should be able to have guns, but sadly my Dad and brother both took there lives with a gun at different times In life
that was all due to bad lives but I do think If you want to own a gun, then why not? :)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The shooting sports are a fun time with good people, a great way to enjoy fellowship with believers.
I extend my condolences for the experience of losing your family members this way, such a wrong decision.
Prayers sent.
I find those I enjoy the sports with have a high percentage of Christian men and women.
best wishes to you

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I think we should be able to have guns, but sadly my Dad and brother both took there lives with a gun at different times In life
that was all due to bad lives but I do think If you want to own a gun, then why not? :)
I'm saddened to hear of your dad and brother... unfortunately, those that have determined to end their life will do it, one way or another.

My wife's younger sister took her life by an overdose of her brother's prescription drugs. It's very sad, and difficult for those who loved them. It usually places some degree of guilt on the friends/relatives, wondering "if I'd only done....."

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Okay guys and gals. Conversations in another thread had me wondering-

If/when you carry to church, what gun-holster setup do you go with?

I think it is safe to assume I'm not the only pew packing Puritan here.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
Old Faithful inside the waistband kydex holster.

I've thought about carrying a back pack instead.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
People keep telling me to go with Kydex, but I love faux leather. Kydex just seems so stiff.

Old Faithful inside the waistband kydex holster.

I've thought about carrying a back pack instead.

T

Tinuviel

Okay guys and gals. Conversations in another thread had me wondering-

If/when you carry to church, what gun-holster setup do you go with?

I think it is safe to assume I'm not the only pew packing Puritan here.
The state my church is in doesn't allow people to carry at public gatherings :mad:.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
And yes, I am legitimately interested in kydex. It's part of the reason why I asked for the holster type :p

T

Tinuviel

What state do you live in? North Korea?
Well, church is in North Dakota. (I know, surprising that ND should have a law like that!) And it is an obscure law that might eventually be changed now that they are doing a constitutional carry law.

(By the way, I noticed you didn't finish the Scarlet Pimpernel quote in your signature :rolleyes:).

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
People keep telling me to go with Kydex, but I love faux leather. Kydex just seems so stiff.
Its leather on the inside, the part that is against your skin, and its kydex on the outside the part that holds the pistol.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
North Dakota? I'm sure there are people who conveniently forget that law. You guys are tough as nails.

You caught me :p I figured it would make some more literate CCers laugh. It also suits me :p

Well, church is in North Dakota. (I know, surprising that ND should have a law like that!) And it is an obscure law that might eventually be changed now that they are doing a constitutional carry law.

(By the way, I noticed you didn't finish the Scarlet Pimpernel quote in your signature :rolleyes:).

T

Tinuviel

North Dakota? I'm sure there are people who conveniently forget that law. You guys are tough as nails.

You caught me :p I figured it would make some more literate CCers laugh. It also suits me :p
I'm pretty sure almost everyone forgets the law. But, law it is. I think you can legally get permission from the sheriff AND the property owner to carry, but you'd have to get it every Sunday if you wanted to carry every week. Let's just say, annoying.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I am not going to say how I would treat said law. :p

I'm pretty sure almost everyone forgets the law. But, law it is. I think you can legally get permission from the sheriff AND the property owner to carry, but you'd have to get it every Sunday if you wanted to carry every week. Let's just say, annoying.

Aug 2, 2009
In my state you're not allowed to carry anywhere. And they just passed a law that prohibits anyone from owning a gun if they have a warrant out for a felony... Just a warrant, not a conviction. Plus they are trying to pass a law that will make all semi-automatic weapons classified as "assault weapons", and they want to start a registry to keep track of all ammunition purchases. And that's not even half of it.. It's all in 9 bills being pushed through the senate and some appropriations committee. I had no idea how wacky our state government was until I got interested in guns. Wow...just wow.

This video was just posted yesterday..
[video=youtube;2yNVT4OkHT0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yNVT4OkHT0&t=580s[/video]

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I seldom carry when I go to church.... but I could if I chose to. The only "statement" our church has made is that they don't want people doing open carry. Concealed is fine, just not open. I think they see it as a matter of decorum.