The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Burninglight

And what is the possibility that the perpetrator has a gun?
I don't believe killing someone who would steal from you is the right thing to do, but if they are threatening your life or rape that is different.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
how about just winging him?

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
It'd have to be some strong wasp spray. I've gotten nailed my some. Annoying, but it wouldn't put me down while the adrenaline is pumping.

Nothing beats good, old-fashioned bear spray. De-escalation in a can.

What does wasp spray do to a person?

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I don't believe killing someone who would steal from you is the right thing to do, but if they are threatening your life or rape that is different.

If they are attacking you with a knife or baseball bat you have every right and justification to fear for your life - which is main reason to pull out your gun.

If it is a matter of just handing them your wallet, that is the safest thing to do.

A great deterrent strategy is to have a money clip in your pocket with several one dollar bills surrounded by a five or ten dollar bill. When accosted, pull it out, let them see the outer bill and say this is all I have, then throw it far from you and run like your life depended on it.

B

Burninglight

Every government that took guns away from the people were killed by that same government. We have the right to bears arms for a reason. We cannot let them take our right away.

Aug 2, 2009
And what is the possibility that the perpetrator has a gun?
So you're saying that a criminal with a gun will just go ahead and attack a person who's armed...

mmmmmkay..

Last edited:

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
So you're saying that a criminal with a gun will just go ahead and attack a person who's armed...

mmmmmkay..

I think that would be called a "gunfight"....

Although, I imagine that most criminals who KNEW the proposed victim was armed would opt for an un-armed one, given the choice..

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
probability of apprehension is the deterrent for crime.

Aug 2, 2009
In reply to being attacked from behind... One of the first things they tell you in any self-defense class is to always be aware of your surroundings... especially if you are someplace where you're alone. Listen for someone walking behind you and glance back to get a look at that person. If they seem dangerous, you can place your hand on your weapon and get ready to use it. It would also be wise to make an abrupt change of course or step several feet off course and let them pass. If they come towards you, take aim! And tell them not to come any closer. At that point it is a self-defense matter.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I'm not a big gun-nut, but my husband is, so sometimes we go hunting together. I have Corbett .275, though I rarely use it :). But I like viewing, so recently we bought a great rifle scope (https://www.atncorp.com/smart-hd-weapon-sight). I haven't checked it yet, but I look forward to use it! I always come back home being very excited after viewing the wild animals and the birds so close up.
If that Corbett rifle is the one I'm thinking of, that is a very nice firearm. One of the classic "British" style bolt actions from the time when rifles were practical, functioning works of the gunmaker's art...

Pictures of it would be most welcome and appreciated....

and, welcome to the forum!!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Same. I need more money so I can buy guns like that and collect them in a fire-proof case :p

If that Corbett rifle is the one I'm thinking of, that is a very nice firearm. One of the classic "British" style bolt actions from the time when rifles were practical, functioning works of the gunmaker's art...

Pictures of it would be most welcome and appreciated....

and, welcome to the forum!!

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Check this out if interested:

Went to the Dr. for routine visit. The assistant began to ask us a series of fast questions with yes or no answers and one of them that came in the midst of the series was "Do you own any guns?" to which I said, "Wait, that's none of your business."

The way she was asking these questions it was to get a person into a rhythm of giving quick answers.

By the way, she got a little testy when I answered that way saying "It's no big deal."

Oh, yes, it is a big deal.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Her, trying to mind your business, was intrusive and a big deal, I agree.
People become too enamored with medical professionals when we should all make Christ first.
There is only one Great Healer.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016

Went to the Dr. for routine visit. The assistant began to ask us a series of fast questions with yes or no answers and one of them that came in the midst of the series was "Do you own any guns?" to which I said, "Wait, that's none of your business."

The way she was asking these questions it was to get a person into a rhythm of giving quick answers.

By the way, she got a little testy when I answered that way saying "It's no big deal."

Yes. It is a VERY big deal. And you were correct in telling her it was none of hers, or the doctor's business.

You sound like you were much nicer than I would have been about it.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I think the leftist/commies started doing that when the Clinton Crime Family was in office.
Thankfully that curse has been lifted.
There is residue from that time that is still needing to be cleaned up.
Have heard recently as many or more people in America die each year from misdiagnoses
and treatment as died in the Vietnam War, far better to learn to seek the Creators healing
and guidance in our lives.
blessings

Last edited:

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Put your trust in God and keep your powder dry.- Oliver Cromwell

I think the leftist/commies started doing that when the Clinton Crime Family was in office.
Thankfully that curse has been lifted.
There is residue from that time that is still needing to be cleaned up.
Have heard recently as many or more people in America die each year from misdiagnoses
and treatment as died in the Vietnam War, far better to learn to seek the Creators healing
and guidance in our lives.
blessings

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
This is the problem with the insurance system in general and a collectivized insurance program (hello O-care) in particular.-

Your business automatically becomes everybody else's business.

This will eventually include political beliefs in the abstract if things continue to go where they are going.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Well I made it to the gun range for the first time in four years. I had fun plinking away at some very aggressive steel knock down targets. I met a couple of gentlemen there and we had a good chat.

It's nice to chat with people who have the same interest and values you do in a specific area. You don't have to justify your existence with them.

I was shooting my Ruger Mark 3 stainless steel hunter model with a 7" fluted barrel. I worked on the trigger some and am very pleased with the way it shoots. So were the guys I shot with. They each ran a magazine down range. I only brought two boxes of shells and I was done before I realized it.

Time passes fast when you're having fun.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Always nice to be with fellow shooters, we are the back bone of society.