The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
well, it happened, I came upon a nice , Winchester Model 63 in need of a good home, so much so that it followed me home.
I hope Earnest found his mag loader, they had a few there from Uplula.
That is too cool... when I first read it, I was thinking about the Mod 62? the pump rifle, I think. I had to googly the 63, and it is the autoloader. I've seen a lot of those, but have never fired one. I always wondered how well they functioned, and fired.

Now I just have to wait for your range report! :D

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I saw they had about a half dozen Uplala loaders, I didn't inspect them for appropriateness for your pistol.
I'm glad you made it to the show, a friend sells fireworks, he had the display with the 3 foot tall pineapple hand grenade.
A man in the back had 2 Nylon 66's, they have always been a favorite of mine but the Winchester 63 needed to come home with me first.
It was probably pretty slow during the Iowa-Iowa State game.
I like your avatar

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
the 63 works well, my dad had one at one time, it gave me the bug to get one, this was my first opportunity at a reasonable price.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
All of the Nylons were pretty good guns... very reliable, and IIRC, pretty accurate. The prices I've seen on the Nylons lately will very likely keep me from ever owning one...:eek:

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I saw they had about a half dozen Uplala loaders, I didn't inspect them for appropriateness for your pistol.
I'm glad you made it to the show, a friend sells fireworks, he had the display with the 3 foot tall pineapple hand grenade.
A man in the back had 2 Nylon 66's, they have always been a favorite of mine but the Winchester 63 needed to come home with me first.
It was probably pretty slow during the Iowa-Iowa State game.
I like your avatar

Well DRAT!

I missed the loaders. I thought I checked all the tables carefully enough. I was surprised that no one had any loaders.

I saw the fireworks tables and was tempted but I could not think of any use to put to anything I would buy, so I held off.

My brother's first gun was a nylon 66. I think it was/is a great gun.

Thank you for the comment on my avatar. I suppose it is appropriate for a gun thread.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Nylon 66, the last I saw was around $350. A little steep for me.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Nylon 66, the last I saw was around $350. A little steep for me.

That is steep for me too, especially when I have no use for it other than taking it to the gun range.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
cz.jpg Yes... for that price I'd rather get one of the really nice CZ .22 rifles. Walnut and steel... the ones I've seen are really nicely done. I've heard the accuracy is generally very good, also.

Last edited:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, that is a beauty, I notice the light reflection doesn't carry all the way out to the end of the barrel, as though the end of the barrel may be threaded and have a thread protector in place, maybe just an illusion.
There is a little nostalgia from here as the Nylon was one my dad took me shooting with, and many of us got into the shooting sports as a reminder of those very good memories of our fathers and childhood, helps us cope until we are reunited with
those who have gone before.
Tough to beat a bolt for an action that locks up tight for accuracy.
blessings

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I think you are correct about the thread protector. I have noticed quite a few of the newer rimfires are coming that way, or at least have it as an option.

I keep hoping that suppressors will become legal "over the counter". Perhaps someday.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
we are closer now than we have been in about 100 years

Dec 28, 2016
Those Winchester model 12's are sweet shotguns. But you have to have some semi-deep pockets.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
how nice a one would you want? some of the field grade ones I have seen are pretty reasonable.

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I think you are correct about the thread protector. I have noticed quite a few of the newer rimfires are coming that way, or at least have it as an option.

I keep hoping that suppressors will become legal "over the counter". Perhaps someday.
I know in the aftermarket, I had a difficult time finding bull barrels for my 10/22 builds that didn't have the threaded end. I had to end up paying MORE for a plain barrel than if I would have gotten the threaded end. Just interjecting that.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I can certainly see a need for a suppressor in some situations. Predator control is one. If a person is out at night, thinning the predator/varmint population, suppressed firearms would be beneficial.

Home defense is another situation.

Suppressing most 22 rimfires, while fun, is really not all that necessary. The HV rimfires are a little loud, but the standard velocity ones are really pretty quiet. The subsonic stuff is actually not as loud as my spring piston air rifle.... and quite a bit more powerful.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, it's the crack of the bullet coming back down through the speed of sound that makes the HV generate more noise.
We had a suppressed 22 at the club one time, with standard velocity, all you could hear was the firing pin drop. Made you go , wow!

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
glad you liked it, graybeardoutdoors is where I found it, we could use some Christians to visit over there.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
anybody shoot Aquila ammo? I have and notice the powder smells different than any other I have tried.