The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
Broke both of my elbows.

Yes. Both.
Ouch. I had knee replacement surgery on one knee. That was excruciating pain for months. At first codeine only took the edge off of it. I can imagine the pain associated with elbows. I could keep my leg immobile most of the time but both arms is impossible to keep from using.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Well the good news is that they are almost fully healed. A little less pain each day. A little more movement.

Ouch. I had knee replacement surgery on one knee. That was excruciating pain for months. At first codeine only took the edge off of it. I can imagine the pain associated with elbows. I could keep my leg immobile most of the time but both arms is impossible to keep from using.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
As always, I thank everybody for their concern and prayers. My recovery has been quicker than I expected a week or two ago.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The sincere fervent prayers of the righteous avails much.

Dem

Mar 7, 2018
Guns no use for them. I am a holy ghost filled child of the most high God He has my back and should I get shot then I would be with Him a win win solution.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Guns no use for them. I am a holy ghost filled child of the most high God He has my back and should I get shot then I would be with Him a win win solution.
While that is certainly true, there are worse things than being shot.... I prefer to have the ability to prevent those really, really bad things from happening to anyone that I love.

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
The reason for having a concealed carry gun is in large part to protect others in case of a mass murderer killing people. You take them out to prevent more deaths. The problem is mass murderers go to no gun zones. That way they can kill more people in their suicide mission.

Dem

Mar 7, 2018
The reason for having a concealed carry gun is in large part to protect others in case of a mass murderer killing people. You take them out to prevent more deaths. The problem is mass murderers go to no gun zones. That way they can kill more people in their suicide mission.
Well sounds good, but the fact is not so true. look at the black lives matter parade in Texas, all the open carry guys with there ar 15 and still 6 or 8 police men shoot dead as a matter of fact some of the police were shooting at the open carry guys who by the way were running away and not to helping the cops. I live in Philadelphia pa. where they could care less if you have a gun or not they coming at ya anyway. It is what it is tho God is in control.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
How are you going to stop the capitalist pigs if you don't arm yourself, comrade?

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Well sounds good, but the fact is not so true. look at the black lives matter parade in Texas, all the open carry guys with there ar 15 and still 6 or 8 police men shoot dead as a matter of fact some of the police were shooting at the open carry guys who by the way were running away and not to helping the cops. I live in Philadelphia pa. where they could care less if you have a gun or not they coming at ya anyway. It is what it is tho God is in control.
You have already expressed you opinion on another thread. What is your purpose on the gun thread: maybe harassment? I for one, would like a gun in my home to prevent a home invasion. In such cases they seldom leave behind any witnesses. You want to trust in God and the police, that is certainly your right. Please quit telling the rest of us how to trust God and live. :rolleyes:

Dem

Mar 7, 2018
You have already expressed you opinion on another thread. What is your purpose on the gun thread: maybe harassment? I for one, would like a gun in my home to prevent a home invasion. In such cases they seldom leave behind any witnesses. You want to trust in God and the police, that is certainly your right. Please quit telling the rest of us how to trust God and live. :rolleyes:
I do not recall telling you how to live but if you want me to I can make some suggestions LOL

Endoscopy

Oct 13, 2017
It happens often but isn't publicized. The MSM doesn't like that message. The don't change stories but edit out what stories they publish.

Open carry is foolish. Conceal carry and nobody knows you have a gun. Open carry advertises the gun. This causes problems.

Last edited:

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Sorry... but that's just another stupid comment.

The policemen shot and killed at that event were targeted by a sniper set up in a building. He was a black man who had stated that he wanted to kill white police officers. Anyone armed with an AR 15 at that march was very likely a black man, as well, and were trying to get out of the line of fire. How would they "help the cops" if the shooter was shooting from concealment, and nobody knew where he was?

Do you even think about the stuff that you write, or do you just throw stuff up against a wall and hope something sticks?

Your posts are amusing, though.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
The next accessory I buy will be a Geissele. Some of the best gear on the market and he's diehard 2A.

[video=youtube;vIrFtX8QwPg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIrFtX8QwPg[/video]

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
yep, poor dem and his brothers, as the dumbing down continues.
Dem is focused on himself and what he thinks he wants and needs.
Genuine Christians are focused on others as Christ was, He only thought and acted for others,
still does, and He modeled for us how we are to live.
Blessings

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I'm still debating on whether to get a .44 mag or 10mm for grizzly protection when I go elk hunting this fall.

I really like the Glock 40 with the 15 rd capacity.

But I'm thinking if I only will get one or two shots off anyway, the .44 mag is more powerful. But only has 6 round capacity or 5.

What to do?

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
[video=youtube;T7xvP-4-Gg4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7xvP-4-Gg4[/video]

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Honestly, I think you'd be good either way as long as you keep your shooting skills sharp.

I'd go with the Glock because it presumably weighs less but still has enough juice to take out a bear.

I'm still debating on whether to get a .44 mag or 10mm for grizzly protection when I go elk hunting this fall.

I really like the Glock 40 with the 15 rd capacity.

But I'm thinking if I only will get one or two shots off anyway, the .44 mag is more powerful. But only has 6 round capacity or 5.

What to do?