The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Glock is a double action pistol, they don't go off when you drop it.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
That's the reason why I carry one. The model is proven all around. Except the Gen 5. Why did they have to ruin a good thing?!

Oh yeah, that's right. Army specifications. Of course the government is to blame!

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
That's the reason why I carry one. The model is proven all around. Except the Gen 5. Why did they have to ruin a good thing?!

Oh yeah, that's right. Army specifications. Of course the government is to blame!
I haven't seen the gen 5. I think nothing is better than my gen 3.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
I believe you about the drop thing, but Glocks aren't double-action, they're striker-fired.
A double-action is hammer-fired and can fire whether or not it's been cocked.
My beef with striker-fired pistols is that they're not safe to carry when racked and ready.
I know people will argue it to the death, but the triggers on these guns are stupid and dangerous.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Simple.... don't drop your pistol. :cool:

JK... I know that anything can happen, at any time. I had not heard any reports about dangers with drop testing of Sigs. I need to do more searching on that. That might just rule out the P365, which would be a shame, because it's the slimmest of all the three pistols I'm juggling (bad choice of words in this discussion, right?)

My PT111 is striker fired, with a manual safety. I carry it cocked and locked.

The P938 is a mini 1911, so it could be carried the same way.

The P365.... more research is needed.

Sep 19, 2017
Hi and nice post :) I used to enjoy target shooting back home in Kansas but moved to Australia in 1999. First I pray that you will all fight to keep your guns. They have been banned since the 80's over here and guess what ... the criminals all still have guns, but honest folks do not.

This is no surprise. I believe that it was just last year where at a restaurant where people sit out doors, two rival biker gangs had a shoot out among the patrons of the restaurant in broad daylight.

Look I'm not advocating stocking up on guns and amo and shutting ourselves up in a bunker. Anyway the media in America is bent on painting a sad picture of you with your gun problems but people over here find ways to kill others with guns or machete's, knives, ... but blaming violence on guns is silly, the problem is a moral one, not a gun issue. Please, keep your guns .... :)

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Hi and nice post :) I used to enjoy target shooting back home in Kansas but moved to Australia in 1999. First I pray that you will all fight to keep your guns. They have been banned since the 80's over here and guess what ... the criminals all still have guns, but honest folks do not.

This is no surprise. I believe that it was just last year where at a restaurant where people sit out doors, two rival biker gangs had a shoot out among the patrons of the restaurant in broad daylight.

Look I'm not advocating stocking up on guns and amo and shutting ourselves up in a bunker. Anyway the media in America is bent on painting a sad picture of you with your gun problems but people over here find ways to kill others with guns or machete's, knives, ... but blaming violence on guns is silly, the problem is a moral one, not a gun issue. Please, keep your guns .... :)
Well, I predict a very bleak future for you in our main stream media. They would not EVER put your story on the air, because it proves exactly what would happen here, if we let the leftists try to limit/take our firearms.

Not only have you not fallen for the "it will make a safer society" mantra, you have the audacity to point out the very obvious flaws in the plan.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I just shared his testimony with others, we will each need to do our best to counteract the media and communist propaganda.
Thank you for sharing your experience.
blessings

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Every Glock up until Gen 4 is comparable in reliability and wear.

I've seen tests with Gen 5 that jam wayyyy too fast because the Army wanted ridiculous modifications.

I haven't seen the gen 5. I think nothing is better than my gen 3.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Every Glock up until Gen 4 is comparable in reliability and wear.

I've seen tests with Gen 5 that jam wayyyy too fast because the Army wanted ridiculous modifications.
I was going to buy a G17, and really liked the Gen3 better than the 4..... I haven't seen the 5.

Huck, I think the Glock is technically a double action, in that it both cocks and releases the internal hammer (striker) with one pull of the trigger. So really it is a DAO, because it cannot be "cocked", and fired with a trigger pull. I believe it is partially cocked when a round is chambered, and the trigger pull completes the cocking and releasing (firing).

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
As much as I like my Gen 4 (backstraps), I think the company would've been better off sticking with Gen 3 and start working on designs outside their line of pistols.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I believe you about the drop thing, but Glocks aren't double-action, they're striker-fired.
A double-action is hammer-fired and can fire whether or not it's been cocked.
My beef with striker-fired pistols is that they're not safe to carry when racked and ready.
I know people will argue it to the death, but the triggers on these guns are stupid and dangerous.
Actually, glock is double action. I'm an armor for it at my job. The glock requires the trigger to be squeezed to the rear, at that point, the firing pin is then moved to the rear, until it comes to a point that the trigger bar drops, then the firing pin spring forces the firing pin forward. A striker fire pistol, such as the browning designs, the striker is reset to the rear, with each cycle of the slide. Glock is truely a double action only pistol.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Now I understand why the trigger is lousy.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
It's got one of the best triggers I have ever felt.

I know Glock has become a little long in the tooth, but I just can't justfy spending more money on something else. For combat, I couldn't think of any other pistol I'd have. There are only 37 parts to a Glock. Other pistols generally have over 100. Gaston Glock is a genius. There are pistols out there, that are pretty, but I just need it to send hot lead down range.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I have S&W and Colt revolvers with beautiful triggers.
Glock feels like the old bumper jack. Glock is good at what it does
and what it is for, all of mine are.
best wishes

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I just read on a website about testing of the P365. Apparently Sig has upped the drop testing to be quite a bit more intense than for the P320.
Testing
Based on their experience with the P320, SIG developed an entirely new, enhanced drop test protocol for duty handguns. They dropped the P365, 574 times in 26 orientations as well as five drops at 6 feet on concrete.
This gives me a better feeling about the P365. I still need to hold one, to see how it feels.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Oh c'mon. I'm a Glock man too, but nothing beats the pull of a well-tuned 1911.

That said I think a good trigger will work well enough for self-defense purposes. So long as it doesn't have one of those New York pulls.

It's got one of the best triggers I have ever felt.

I know Glock has become a little long in the tooth, but I just can't justfy spending more money on something else. For combat, I couldn't think of any other pistol I'd have. There are only 37 parts to a Glock. Other pistols generally have over 100. Gaston Glock is a genius. There are pistols out there, that are pretty, but I just need it to send hot lead down range.