The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
so then, the problem is here in that we have not.
Lets getting back to shooting things.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I used to have one...fun to shoot when it functioned properly.Extra magazines were almost impossible to find. Fortunately, the magazines are built like tanks.I also managed to slam the bolt on my thumb. Much like the dreaded Garand thumb, soviet-style.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I met a young man carrying a couple he had put together and was sharing how he had never gotten "M1 Thumb", by the end of the show it was no longer true , the SVT was in interesting weapon, a lot of history there. There is a time promised us when there will be no more war, praise G-d

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Yes, amen....

There is also a version of that rifle that was Swedish, I believe. It was supposed to be much more finely finished... just a better version of the rifle. I'll have to googly it to see what it was called.... one of those things you can just almost remember, but not quite...

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Ok... I was remembering the Swedish Ljungman, in 6.5 X 55 .... it was not a copy of the Tokarev, but they do look a lot alike.

My memory is not nearly as good as I remember it being....:confused:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
for the memory, try son tumeric, it has anti cancer, anti inflammation properties and also rebuilds the synapses in the brain, so we can remember stuff easier and better, the other thing is keeping my relationship with the Lord active all the time, and when I can't remember something, like right now i'm looking for a tiny bag of screws for a Ruger single six, He knows where I put them, I ask for His help finding them in Jesus Name.

J

Jennie-Mae

Ok... I was remembering the Swedish Ljungman, in 6.5 X 55 .... it was not a copy of the Tokarev, but they do look a lot alike.

My memory is not nearly as good as I remember it being....:confused:
I have been shooting the 6.5 x 55 Mauser, and even the 6.5 x 55 Krag Jorgensen here in Norway. The popular name in Norwegian is “Seks og en halv” or “Seksonhall” lol.

You can go moose hunting with it, but I prefer the 7.92 or 7.62. But most folks go for the 30-06 whenever hunting moose.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I have been shooting the 6.5 x 55 Mauser, and even the 6.5 x 55 Krag Jorgensen here in Norway. The popular name in Norwegian is “Seks og en halv” or “Seksonhall” lol.

You can go moose hunting with it, but I prefer the 7.92 or 7.62. But most folks go for the 30-06 whenever hunting moose.
I've heard of the Swedes hunting moose with it.. I think the original bullet was a 160gr roundnose. A 160gr bullet in that small a diameter looks like a pencil. It has tremendous sectional density, which means it will penetrate for a couple of days...

My "deer rifle" for the past 25 years or so has been a sporterized Swedish Mauser. It still wears the original barrel, and the original stock (modified by me), and is truly a minute of angle rifle, as long as I do my part. Even if I'm a little sloppy behind the trigger, it still shoots inside 1 1/2" at 100 yards, easily. Great rifle... nothing but one-shot stops, so far.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
If we live to ourselves and not to Him, we never will.
If we want to live to Him, we will find a way, and He will help as He promised.
If we don't want to live to Him, as He clearly tells us we are to do, we will find an excuse.
Way too much "poor me, I will never live up to Him" attitude in the world when He clearly has stated we are expected to do greater works than His.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I goofed on that last post, I read one from the preceding page and responded without noticing my error, sorry.

Moose with a 6.5, yep, that is a good round.

Aug 2, 2009
I noticed that Cabela's and Bass Pro are now running ads on tv. I guess business is doing well. Yep, that's all I got. :sneaky:

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Anyone can find any article to support their personal bias or refusal to exercise their responsibility to themselves, their family, community.

Not a good way to base ones major life decisions.
Especially when we have a personal relationship with a G-d who guides us to serve and protect our own.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Why not? I dont hunt and I have police.
You don't have police. That is a false belief.

Ask ANY body in the police management... their mandate is to protect the public in general. The general population. They have no mandate to protect you as an individual.

Also, the ratio of police officers to citizens is about 17 officers to every 10 THOUSAND citizens. The odds of an officer being anywhere NEAR you in the event of an emergency is miniscule.

There is an old saying... very true.... "when seconds count, the police are just minutes away".

J

Jennie-Mae

There’s a reason for the second amendment.

It should not be abandoned on the grounds of emotions.

Aug 2, 2009
Why not? I dont hunt and I have police.
It takes several minutes for police to arrive. Sometimes even half an hour. It takes less than a minute for a criminal to beat you, shoot you, beat or shoot your loved ones and/or rob you in your own house.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Anyone can find any article to support their personal bias or refusal to exercise their responsibility to themselves, their family, community. "
Finding an article that supports ones bias is what I meant, anyone can do that. That is what I meant by not a good way to make ones life decisions, if you choose to be a victim, that is your choice.