The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The mere thought that hunters would sacrifice their comfort at home beside the fire with loving family for the overall good of our forest friends brings a tear to my eye.
(tic)
blessings
Hahaha... Don't kid yourself. They are out there hunting because they love it.

flashing-lol.gif

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
I thought a hornet was some kind of vehicle, like a motorbike or something... :D
There was a car. The AMC Hornet back in the 70's. Also a AMC Gremlin. The AMC Gremlin you can feed after midnight. There is also a flying hornet that will sting you if you let it. :eek:

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
I've had ex military guys ask me if I was a pilot... I think it's an F18? Called a hornet... that would have been cool, but I missed out on the military, thank God. I would have ended up in southeast Asia, but they abolished the draft the year I turned 18..
There is also a F 18 super hornet. Not sure what the upgrade is.. Probably weapons systems.

Trailblazer

Sep 8, 2014
Back in the 80's when I did a lot of shooting. (Target Practice) I bought shooting magazines. Their were interviews with convicts about guns.
Questions asked!..
What is your concern of breaking into a home?
Answer! Being confronted by a armed citizen.
What if guns were taken away from everyone.?
Answer! Criminals can always get guns. If the citizens do not have guns. We will pistol whip them and do as we wish with them.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Deade- please note the "(tic)". It is the best way I know to indicate "tongue in cheek".
Seriously though, mankind was given dominion over the created earth, to rule and reign, That is why Jesus works "through" us and indwells us today.

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
Back in the 80's when I did a lot of shooting. (Target Practice) I bought shooting magazines. Their were interviews with convicts about guns.
Questions asked!..
What is your concern of breaking into a home?
Answer! Being confronted by a armed citizen.
What if guns were taken away from everyone.?
Answer! Criminals can always get guns. If the citizens do not have guns. We will pistol whip them and do as we wish with them.
I have never had an armed person break into my home and IF they did, how could I be sure I would have my gun in hand. Also many gun accidents with children and too many school shootings. Must get rid of asssault rifles. Voting BLUE today!!!

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
I have never had an armed person break into my home and IF they did, how could I be sure I would have my gun in hand. Also many gun accidents with children and too many school shootings. Must get rid of asssault rifles. Voting BLUE today!!!
One thing you prove that I have always said is, voting blue means you vote for them to take away your guns. And it doesn't matter how 'blue'they are. If you put a democrat in power, you have increased the chances of losing your gun rights.

Quantrill

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
One thing you prove that I have always said is, voting blue means you vote for them to take away your guns. And it doesn't matter how 'blue'they are. If you put a democrat in power, you have increased the chances of losing your gun rights.

Quantrill
No. We have had gun rights for over 200 years. Just want the assault rifles banned (personal use). I am voting AGAINST the buffoon we now have in Office. He will probably not be impeached, but he will not be reelected. It was a shock to the Country that he was elected by electoral vote (she won the popular). The problem was that we had two awful candidates. Next time, I hope we will not make that mistake. Had he run against anyone (almost) besides Hillary, he would have lost, big time.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The concubine of satan lost a fixed election, to a non politician that G-d raised up as our leader.
Thank you Heavenly Father.
And yet we still have people who "claim" to be Christian who miss that
very plain message He sent us.
It isn't right or left, it is right or wrong.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
No. We have had gun rights for over 200 years. Just want the assault rifles banned (personal use). I am voting AGAINST the buffoon we now have in Office. He will probably not be impeached, but he will not be reelected. It was a shock to the Country that he was elected by electoral vote (she won the popular). The problem was that we had two awful candidates. Next time, I hope we will not make that mistake. Had he run against anyone (almost) besides Hillary, he would have lost, big time.
Anyone who believes democrats just want assault rifles banned is an idiot. It is just a stepping stone to get all the guns. Which, makes you extreemely gullible or a liar.

And, what is wrong with assault rifles? All guns can kill people.

It doesn't matter who won the popular. No president has ever been elected by the popular. I'm sure you want to ban that too. Of course you do. As I said, you are a perfect example why not ever to vote democrat.

Quantrill

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
the leftists would have us educate away normal gender identification yet not for safe firearm use, sporting, recreational, therapeutic, public safety, self defense, or national defense purpose.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I would expect nothing less from you, sis....

I assume you are ready to ban automobiles, as well...? Way too many kids killed by cars. Your "logic" is illogical.

Still love you, though. :)

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
In the interest of an update on my Sig P938... I got a new pair of grips for it.... gaboon ebony, with stippling... made by the same company... Cherokee Hills. I think I have found the "winner". Good grip, great feel, very nice looking, and contrast the stainless in a most excellent fashion.... I'm happy.

Not sure why the closeup pic uploaded upside down..... ??

ebony left.jpg ebony right.jpg ebony right closeup.jpg

Blanche

Mar 19, 2018
I would expect nothing less from you, sis....

I assume you are ready to ban automobiles, as well...? Way too many kids killed by cars. Your "logic" is illogical.

Still love you, though. :)
Very poor analogies. In any case, the comment (yours? someone else's?) that under a democratic president guns would be banned makes no sense as we have had quite a few of them over the last 200 years and guns are still legal. What we need are less assault rifles. Period. No need. You want to shoot/target practice or animals for meat ... no issue with that.

Quantrill

Sep 20, 2018
Very poor analogies. In any case, the comment (yours? someone else's?) that under a democratic president guns would be banned makes no sense as we have had quite a few of them over the last 200 years and guns are still legal. What we need are less assault rifles. Period. No need. You want to shoot/target practice or animals for meat ... no issue with that.
The 2nd amendment was not to protect us from animals. It was to protect us from an overbearing government and give us the ability to resist if necessary. You have fallen prey to the hopes of the big Federal government, which is take away my assault rifle and give me a single shot shotgun because that is all I need to hunt with. All the while they have assault rifles. What are your chances now? See the need now?

Guns are not still legal due to the democrats desires. As soon as they get in power more gun control laws come down.

Quantrill

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Actually, the analogy fits. You are blaming an inanimate object for being misused by evil, criminal people. Cars are safe, when used properly. Cars have also been used in mass killings. Not to mention all the accidental deaths caused with cars. Exponentially more than with firearms.

When you assert that we need fewer (not 'less') "assault rifles".... who are you to be telling people what kind of firearm they can buy for legal purposes? "Well, you can have a revolver, but we need to get rid of all those semi-auto pistols... they just hold too much ammo..." leads to .... "we really need to get rid of all those handguns, because you can't hunt with them" which leads to "well, you really don't NEED a firearm that holds more than one cartridge... a single shot will do anything you need to do" and then "you really don't need any firearm other than a single shot shotgun"....
White vans are used in more robberies and other crimes than just about any other vehicle. Would you suggest we ban them? Do you think that would reduce crime?

What you (I'm guessing, don't know for sure) call an "assault rifle" is a legitimate sporting rifle. It is used in target practice, sport shooting competitions, and hunting. Just like any other semi-automatic (autoloading) rifle.

And, there are many, many liberal, democratic politicians who openly support the banning and confiscation of firearms. Elizabeth Warren comes to mind.... along with Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi,...... I could give you a rather large list.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Well now, we have allowed this thread to cool down.
I have an AR15 lower, will probably choose the 1 in 9 twist as I use mostly 62 grain bullets.
any input from those with right minded, right thinking minds????

Dec 12, 2013
Well now, we have allowed this thread to cool down.
I have an AR15 lower, will probably choose the 1 in 9 twist as I use mostly 62 grain bullets.
any input from those with right minded, right thinking minds????
I like the Ar, but prefer the Mini 14 which is obviously based off of the M14

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
had one, never fired it, found a mini 14 folder when they were banned, unfired, traded it for a benelli m1 super 90.
Just traded into an AR15 lower PSA brand.
I thought Santa would again bring me something
cool for Christmas.
What is the rate of twist for your mini?