The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
no actually it is a christian view and I am His.

Christians can have views that say they are disturbed by guns.

I think you will actually find not all christians accept guns. eg Quakers and other peacemaking Christians.

and it is perfectly acceptable to state this.

There are also countries other than america, that dont accept guns, because history has seen that, when they did accept them, everything turned put for the worst. For example, nz did not have guns (called muskets) until the europeans came. Because the maori people were fighting within their tribes and did not have guns, when the europeans came with their firepower, a lot of foolish warmongering maori would exchange land for a few muskets.

cue hundreds of years later after destorying each other with their new found weapon of choice, and forfeiting their land, it didnt bode well for anyone. The only benefit seemed to be giving up headhunting and cannibalism. It kinda lost its glamour.

anyway, was it actually Christians who were giving maori people guns? It wasnt.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
even animals dont shoot people.

Animals rely on what God gave them..if God gave them claws and fangs they use that.

Humans are actually very vulnerable and defenceless on our own. But you see, God is the one who fights our battles.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Interesting concept firing 2- 22 magnums
That and how it takes a positive action on the operators part to fire a revolver, much safer.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
If we are truly Christian we are hidden in Christy and we are no longer our own, carnal Christians insist on having their own "views", "opinions", etc.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
P.O. Ackley did it to research the ballistics of a bullet traveling over 5,000 Feet Per Second.
blessings

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I like cap and ball pistols and muzzleloaders as it allows much camaraderie and conversation between shots

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Looking for an apocalypse vehicle? This looked interesting.

Mar 5, 2020
Check out Henry USA. They're also known as Henry repeating arms. They've some of the best firearms on the market.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, they do very well, proud of them. I got one of these yesterday, it needed some love, was dusty on a rack in a gun store.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Saw this about 'Fireworks Hammers' and wanted to share.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Made a couple musket nipple wrenches using 1/4" drive sockets and the trusty Dremmel.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
no actually it is a christian view and I am His.

Christians can have views that say they are disturbed by guns.

I think you will actually find not all christians accept guns. eg Quakers and other peacemaking Christians.

and it is perfectly acceptable to state this.

There are also countries other than america, that dont accept guns, because history has seen that, when they did accept them, everything turned put for the worst. For example, nz did not have guns (called muskets) until the europeans came. Because the maori people were fighting within their tribes and did not have guns, when the europeans came with their firepower, a lot of foolish warmongering maori would exchange land for a few muskets.

cue hundreds of years later after destorying each other with their new found weapon of choice, and forfeiting their land, it didnt bode well for anyone. The only benefit seemed to be giving up headhunting and cannibalism. It kinda lost its glamour.

anyway, was it actually Christians who were giving maori people guns? It wasnt.
God made us above the animals. We have logic and reason, and the ability to create ways to defend ourselves.
Even animals will use "tools" to achieve what they want. They just aren't as advanced, with the capability of creating tools out of nothing.

I have no problem with your not liking guns. That is your conscience, and you should follow it. Just do not try to enforce your views on me... I do own guns, and I use them responsibly. I enjoy using them for sport, and I appreciate having them available for defense of myself, my family, or my friends..... and, if necessary, my nation.

You are free to wave a broom or a baseball bat at whatever threat you wish. I wish you good fortune with that.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Great to see you, just tried a layer of teflon tape on an improved Maxi-Ball for the Musketoon, now, for a good sling, nipple protector, bayonet, and it will be all set.
blessings

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Sort of an "improved" paper patch? Keep us posted on how that works... I bet that after firing a few of them, your bore is very slick... :LOL: