The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
they go in easily, the powder coat bullet folks are firm in their appreciation of that way of lubing bullets, thought we should give it a try. I'll keep you posted.
blessings

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
found this on Graybeard Outdoors Cannon forum-
The Artillery Games-

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
saw this about a frontier gunsmith and wanted to share it with you, I enjoy all the Townssend videos about life in the early times of the nation, hope you do as well-
blessings

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Great to see the President of the United States (whom G-d raised up) has recognized gun stores as being essential!

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Confession time.... I enjoy shooting double action revolvers. That is all.

Just kidding! I have a really nice Smith and Wesson model 64 that is a dream to shoot. But it is a little large for any kind of concealed carry, being a K frame 4" revolver.
I have considered the Ruger SP101's with a 3" barrel, and really like them (other than the price :eek:) but... they are still a 5 shot revolver. I recently found that Taurus is making their 856, 6 SHOT 38 special in a 3" version. I believe these are the same frame as their snub nose 85 revolvers, so it is a small frame, but 6 shots.

So far, I can't find them for sale, but they should be hitting the shelves before long. I THINK they will come in at or around $350, which is just over half what the SP101 costs. I can't wait to handle one, and test the action. If it's anything like their older 85's, I intend to make one mine all mine....

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Revolvers are (imho) very safe as they require a very positive action to operate, really partial to the model 19 and the 64 are essentially the same , looks to me, with the 357 Smith's having a slightly longer cylinder. Partial to revolvers here as well, let the kids have the noise maker pistols, at our stage of life we only need one shot anyway.

S

Susanna

Revolvers are (imho) very safe as they require a very positive action to operate, really partial to the model 19 and the 64 are essentially the same , looks to me, with the 357 Smith's having a slightly longer cylinder. Partial to revolvers here as well, let the kids have the noise maker pistols, at our stage of life we only need one shot anyway.
You’re absolutely right. A revolver is fare more safe than a pistol. Some pistols really requires knowledge and skills to be handled safely. Also, the revolver will not get jammed when you need it to handle smoothly.

If you need more than six shots you shouldn’t be operating a handgun.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Susanna- Wow! So great to hear from an "Annie Oakley"! lol.
Pistols require a firm grip to function well as they depend of the recoil to eject, reload, etc. in a panic situation the firm positive pressing of the trigger rotates the cylindar and cocks the hammer allowing for the further travel to release the hammer. Again, great to hear from the ladies! blessings

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
I have a 9mm S&W M&P Shield conceal and carry size, but now I want a full size. 17 + 1

. 812FAB32-28DF-4355-8325-94F93FB7CAAD.png

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
trust me Dan, they are like rabbits, one, then 2, then you wake up and they are everywhere.
No wonder people claw to get in. Got one of these a week or two ago, 1861 Enfield Musketoon replica, need the bayonet, have some miniballs ready and can cast more if we need for the second civil war.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musketoon

Rocky68

Apr 3, 2020
I'm a revolver guy. Usually have a snubby in my pocket at all times, except work (correctional officer) and of course no gun zones like post office or government buildings and such.

Personal favorites are my 2" Kimber k6s, 2" and 3"Ruger Sp101, S&W 640 Pro, 2" Ruger LCR, and my S&W 442 Pro.

The outdoor range I use is owned by the Police Department and is only 3 minutes from my house. I usually go twice a week and I also train alot at home doing dry fire, Draw, and reload practice.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Lucky you, on the use of the range.... I have to drive about 20 minutes, minimum, and pay $20 to have access to a shooting range. Although, a new indoor range has just now opened about 6 or 7 minutes from my house. I think it will be more like $30 to shoot there.
I'm excited to see the new 3" Taurus, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all to get the SP101 3".... those things are little tanks. And I do like the Ruger double action system.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"Like little tanks" Good analogy. A good friend has picked up the 32 as his go to now. Recoiu; isn't as punishing, now that I am stocked up on 38 brass I hesitate to switch but it seems to answer a lot of his needs without the recoil issue as much.

Oct 25, 2018
I bought an S & W 9 MM almost two years ago and I still haven't shot it once. I haven't even loaded the clip.

This looks a lot like it...

It still has the plastic that runs up through where the clip goes and comes out of the top. I am so ignorant of guns I don't know what that is called. But I want to get it out and fire it and see how accurate it is and how inaccurate I am. o_O

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
not me, I am no fan of recoil, that is for the younger ones. Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement. Getting hooked up with a good local club can be a blessing as you are mixing with good, law abiding, people.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I would recommend going to a good range, and have the folks there give you a beginner's course of instruction. An autoloader is really not all that easy to just "shoot". There are a lot of things you need to know, and understand about the safe operation of them. If you really don't want to put in that much time/effort, I recommend trading it for a revolver.
My grown daughter wanted to borrow a gun for a while, and she was that way....just didn't want to have to learn the operations of an auto, so I loaned her my 4" S&W 38 special.
There are disadvantages to a revolver.... no safety being the main one. But they are pretty simple to operate.