The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
It is a replica of a type used in the Civil War, just was led to one, so happy, look forward to shooting this with the grandson.
Do you enjoy history?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Soon, we will learn war, no more. Thank you Jesus

powderman

Apr 22, 2020
Not possible for a man to have too many guns or knives. Gun control, or controlling the weapons goes back to Biblical times. The philistines controlled the Israelites for 45 years by not allowing them to have bronze or iron or some other metal for fear they would form weapons to fight them.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
It's been interesting in my experience walking with the Lord, as I walk out relationship with Him, He, at times leads me to some very good deals. Reminds me of how He delights in giving us the desires of our heart, if we will but serve Him. This was one such deal, my grandson just received his ccw and has become partial to 9mm. I just sold a Browning HiPower ( to much of a safe queen) and acquired this which I will use when I go shooting with him. Now, to find extra magazines reasonably priced. Believe I will be watching for Mec Gar or S&W regular capacity mags.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Cannon as furniture- what bride would not love to see this in her home?

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
Hi :)

Maybe this perspective of the topic has been looked at before in the thread, but I would like to know, what the connection is between Christianity and guns.

powderman

Apr 22, 2020
UNITAS. Maybe because Christians have been persecuted, attacked, and murdered for thousands of years. We have had to defend ourselves with whatever we had, pitchforks, sycles, swords, spears and arrows, now guns. Guns are a very useful tool and Christians need to be well taught in using them when needed. Besides, they are a lot of fun, even our Churches have been attacked. If you don't have a gun, get one, and learn to use it safely. Carry concealed if you can, I do every time I leave the house. Jesus told his disciples that if they didn't have a sword to sell their cloak and buy one. This was not to hunt rabbits, it was for self defense. OPEN carry is something I never do, although it is legal here in KY. In a BG situation the open carrier would likely be the first to die.
BTW. It's great to be back in Church, there's only 18+ of us. We really missed out on the Church ban by our democrat gov, and I'm glad to get all the handshakes and hugs.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Great to here from you brother, the fellowship aspect of gathering with brothers and sisters in Christ through a shared activity is a great help in ministry, we have found in the Hunters Safety and other sporting arms classes that young men especially, young ladies as well, open up and pay attention as success and earning the certificate is something they want, it is then we can inculcate the life lessons they need to learn to participate in these sports and how it translated to responsible living.
Black powder is another area that brings people together, reenacting, rondevous, etc. easily become family oriented gatherings, bringing up the young ones in the way they should go, and with the time required to reload and develop the "perfect load" and patch combinations there is a lot of fun people can have together.

blessings

Unitas

Apr 6, 2015
UNITAS. Maybe because Christians have been persecuted, attacked, and murdered for thousands of years. We have had to defend ourselves with whatever we had, pitchforks, sycles, swords, spears and arrows, now guns. Guns are a very useful tool and Christians need to be well taught in using them when needed. Besides, they are a lot of fun, even our Churches have been attacked. If you don't have a gun, get one, and learn to use it safely. Carry concealed if you can, I do every time I leave the house. Jesus told his disciples that if they didn't have a sword to sell their cloak and buy one. This was not to hunt rabbits, it was for self defense. OPEN carry is something I never do, although it is legal here in KY. In a BG situation the open carrier would likely be the first to die.
BTW. It's great to be back in Church, there's only 18+ of us. We really missed out on the Church ban by our democrat gov, and I'm glad to get all the handshakes and hugs.
Thank you for your answer :)

I thought Jesus was a pacifist. I do not see a reason for getting a gun, so I guess I will try to keep living as a pacifist.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Anyone have a spare magazine or so for a S&W 5900 series pistol that needs a new home? the current buying spree has absorbed many of them.
Also, anyone have any experience with the Ruger Blackhawk 357/9mm convertible? Think we will have one here soon.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Civil War Cannon and ultra slow speed cameras