The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

Johnjo

I have a 91-30, perhaps a russian take away rebarreled by Finland, they are supposed to be the best shooters of the 91-30's.
The Finn sniper used one-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simo_Häyhä
That’s a mighty fine firearm. The Russian version was good, but can’t compete with the Finnish variant.

The Finnish soldiers are amongst the best in the world.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
citizen soldiers, we are missing out on that with a "professional" army now. While I was looking thay up I found an article about the 91-30 with a counter bored barrel, I have seen one.
Seems the article mentioned it was common among battle field pickups, if I find it again I will post a link.
Soon there will be no more war, thank you Jesus

shittim

Dec 16, 2016

HillsboroMom

Jan 3, 2021
I've heard it said you can't be middle-of-the-road on the gun issue. You're either pro-gun or anti-gun. But I'm probably the most neutral person I know on that issue. At least as it is in the U.S. (I recognize there are people who aren't in the US here, so I must throw in that caveat.)

On the one hand, I vehemently support the U.S. Constitution. Including the 2nd Amendment. The Founding Fathers knew that self-determination was a precious and important thing, and easily lost. If the government controls the weapons, we could lose it. We've seen that happen time and time again in countries that didn't have protection of citizen gun rights.

On the other hand, gun violence. There has to be a way to reduce the amount of gun violence without losing our rights.

Gun control is not the answer. There are countries with more lax gun laws that have less gun violence than we do, and countries with stricter gun control with more gun violence.

I have a long-winded three-tier plan, but I will wait until more people have commented before outlining it.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Sig- I have some on ignore so if that was to some of the anti-gun trolls I would have no idea.
Here she is again, her mom and dad are doing a great job as she is very mature for her age, hope you enjoy.

S

SigP226

Sig- I have some on ignore so if that was to some of the anti-gun trolls I would have no idea.
Here she is again, her mom and dad are doing a great job as she is very mature for her age, hope you enjoy.
I have one person on ignore, yet that person somehow shows up from day to day.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
with great wailing and gnashing of teeth I was able to find a Dillon Square Deal B in 9mm. should be here this week, really looking forward to it.

S

SigP226

What are you paying for ammo these days? The best deal I found on anything in 9mm was Federal and they wanted 75 bucks for a 50 round box

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Laid in 2,500 before it got tight. I am starting to get the notifications that ammo is in after being on waiting lists for quite a while, but the want 50 cents a round, will be waiting till President Trump gets back in and things calm down. Cap and ball revolvers are a passion of mine, kids love the smoke and when reloading you can put life lessons in the kids. we have found when a little boy wants something the ears open up.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I see more steel case ammo coming out, that is an option as well.

S

SigP226

I haven't seen it anywhere here in Michigan

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Federal and Winchester both have a line of steel cased now. Got a notification for Tula russian steel case, but 50 cents a round is too high.