The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Thanks Dan, I as well seriously question how they could have been required to relinquish their lawfully owned firearms from this event.

Billyd

May 8, 2014

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Certainly, they did no harm, they were on their own property when a mob menaced them.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Anyone have any 14 round magazines for the S&W 5900 series ? they are scarce as hens teeth, MecGar of course, lots of 10's out there.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
this is from Aprils Armory, the S&W EZ in 380, a viable choice for carry-

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
We have so many great carry guns out there now. I just want more ammo manufacturers so I can play with them, hahaha.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I am seeing 9mm back down to 29 cents, that is hopeful to me.
I have been enjoying ths place- God, Family and Guns, he speaks here of the ripple effect that we are not getting the practice we need.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Ammoseekm is where I saw the .29 for Tula steel case, there was some brass case for .34 or so.
380 should be coming back down as well as it is a viable choice for many.

F

flygplan

I'm not a gun enthusiast nor have I ever shot a gun. I think anyone that ever knew me and knows how accident prone i am thinks that is smart idea lol

However, I fully support the right to bear arms and anyone that wants to take this right away from us Americans should be prosecuted, okay that seems to be a bit extreme but still.
I don't think this thread is about what we think about that right, nor I think it'd be appropriate to politicize it. On the point and subject though, I want to get my first handgun, I'm thinking of a Glock G17 what does anyone think about it for a first one?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
g19 is a little smaller. They are very dependable. Will you be reloading the cases? Glock leaves a little "bump" on the brass, a part of the dependability. Revolvers , you can do more with, make different loads, wax bullets, shot shells, they are not as depencant on a certain load to function.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Just saw this about "FMK" pistols, looks interesting,and quite competative with Glock brand, a little less clunky and slighly smaller than Glock with quite a bit of compatability.
https://fmkfirearms.com/

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
With all these new members, I decided to revive an old topic. Just to see how many of y'all are also gun enthusiasts.

So here is a thread for general talk about guns, gun accessories, and gun-related hobbies.

Anybody have gun-related New Years resolutions?
I have around 250,000 reasons to dislike guns in the hands of people who do not need them. Christians are supposed to trust in God, not Glock.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I hope you do not approach forks, spoons, and health insurance the same way you approach guns.

I have around 250,000 reasons to dislike guns in the hands of people who do not need them. Christians are supposed to trust in God, not Glock.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
So, it's a personal problem not shared by any of the others on this thread.
Easy for many to call an "excuse" a "reason".
best wishes

F

flygplan

Of course you're entitled to your own opinion and I do agree many people are out there who shouldn't be let have one even. I also do not agree the way this "right" advocacy is interpreted like many times. We also have a right to own a car, (which probably kills more people than guns) doesn't mean whoever can drive one. But again, that's my own opinion, I know many people disagree with it as well and I don't mind that. I do like guns, I have had them before and I'm going to get one again.