The hardest question of all.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 23, 2016
What I think presupposes the question is, being we know Jesus was/is God, why didn't God forgive the first act of disobedience by human kind? Adam and Eve in the garden?
Why do you think God did not forgive Adam and Eve?

The sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ is sufficient to cover Adam and Eve.

soggykitten

Jul 3, 2020
Why do you think God did not forgive Adam and Eve?

The sacrifice of the Lord Jesus Christ is sufficient to cover Adam and Eve.
Yes, of course. My observation pertains to forgiveness immediately after their act of disobedience.

P

pottersclay

Good question.
What I think presupposes the question is, being we know Jesus was/is God, why didn't God forgive the first act of disobedience by human kind? Adam and Eve in the garden?
O I love this saint thanks for sharing.

P

pottersclay

In 2020 a sensus was taken and this question by far stumbled more than half the poll takers.
We are living in a time of great deception the church has become weak in its efforts towards there great commission.
Such a time and culture as jesus lived in had some biblical knowledge but as I said in my other post about adopting a law to say what is christian Christianity is not about God nor is it about a God. It is about Jesus. The son of the most high.
Bringing that into the perspective brings us back to the question....why jesus.
Why not Buda or Mohammad Ra the sun god. Karma.
What makes Christianity believable? What are the hard cold facts? That's what is being asked.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
cos He is my Lord and saviour, nobody eles has ever done what He does, forgives my sin and gives me a new life.

Jesus rose from the dead and did miracles. He was the son of God. He was holy, there was no sin in him. Jesus precious blood was the only sacrifice acceptable to God.

Buddha and mohammed didnt do any miracles and died of illnesses and sinned just like other people.

K

Kim82

This question is not hard for me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them

1 John 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us.

I did not choose Jesus, He chose me first. John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you

It doesnt matter what false religion people are apart of or if they be pagan, athist or whatever. If they are called by God, The Word will reach them somehow and when they hear it, they will know that God is calling them.

Moses did not choose God. God chose Him first when He spoke to him in the burning bush.

God spoke to Saul on his way to Damascas.

He opened Lydia's ears to pay attention to the gosple.

The Ethiopian eunuch was visited by one of the apostles.

When we hear the gosple preach to us, it is God calling us. Scripture says, my sheep hear my voice, the voice of another they will not listen. And when you hear the word of God, harden not your hearts.

Romans 10:14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?

God called me, He opened my ears to hear and He gave me faith to believe in Him. I cant take credit for any of that. It was Jesus who chose me and everone else that belongs to Him.

So if anyone does not believe the gosple of Christ when you tell them, then all you can do is shake the dust off your feet and move on to the next person, while you pray for them that God will prick their hearts. Only God alone can reveal Himself to someone and make them believe in Him.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
Following the theory Jesus did not resurrect but some how survived the cross...

Jesus definitely died on the cross, he was in enough of a state from being brutalized before the cross.

If, even though the odds are impossible, he survived the cross.. the burial clothes he was wrapped in would have suffocated any life left in him

Then if some how he even survived that, (which is nigh on a miracle anyway)..

How does Jesus..in this mostly dead state.. roll away the stone?

And then... how do His disciples claim Jesus is risen, from this completely ravaged, bruised and broken Jesus?

What is behind this are the most likely facts in history ..

Jesus did get brutally beaten and crucified

The tomb is empty

Jesus' followers believed they saw Jesus alive after crucifixion and burial.

laymen

Apr 6, 2014
faithlife.com
All of us read and study the word of God to enrich our knowledge on of the who's and what's. We search for understanding, wisdom, and answers.
But did you know the most hardest question to answer for a christian is why jesus? Why do we believe what we believe.
Can you answer that question?

Why jesus?
Why Jesus, It points to what God intended Man kind to be.
Why Jesus, Because of Satan
Why Jesus, Because of sin
Why Jesus, Because of free choice and love
Why Jesus? Why not Jesus?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
All of us read and study the word of God to enrich our knowledge on of the who's and what's. We search for understanding, wisdom, and answers.
But did you know the most hardest question to answer for a christian is why jesus? Why do we believe what we believe.

Why jesus?
Because there is within the skeptic a desire to be loved and Jesus shows us the kind of love of displayed by God toward people who not only are unthankful, but mistreat him.

There is also a within the skeptic a desire to see justive done against wrongdoing, but it's easy to prove by truthful discussion that we've all done things we're ashamed of. Then, the skeptic wants forgivness, mercy, which Jesus will give.

Of course, the Lords patience should not be mistaken for indifference. The skeptics desire for justice will certainly be served.

mustaphadrink

Dec 13, 2013

Why jesus?
If one wanted a rational answer and most people don't, it would be evidence. One can easily build a portfolio of events and happenings that no other God can emulate so that puts Jesus ahead of everyone else and makes him the most credible of gods.

Having said that despite the evidence, only the Holy Spirit can convince anyone of the veracity of Jesus and who he is.

P

pottersclay

If one wanted a rational answer and most people don't, it would be evidence. One can easily build a portfolio of events and happenings that no other God can emulate so that puts Jesus ahead of everyone else and makes him the most credible of gods.

Having said that despite the evidence, only the Holy Spirit can convince anyone of the veracity of Jesus and who he is.
Nail on the head saint nail on the head.......how would you go about doing this? Present the evidence.
God secured his testimony not only in the heavens but also in this earth. History cannot be erased.
With today's technical advantage many are what's called fact checked.
Jesus, peter, paul all used history in the preaching of the truth.
Some will say it's not part of the gospel . It most certainly is in fact it's how the gospel came to be pointing to the one and only Christ.
God meticulously put his prophetic word forward to the extent that Israel should of known the time of her visitation.
Yet only wise men from the east acted on the prophetic scriptures .
The bereans were known to fact check what was in the word and what was false.
Nothing under the sun has changed.

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017

Why jesus?
Jesus resurrection from the dead.

Recorded below over 500 eye witnesses to Jesus resurrection.

1 Cor 15:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Christ's resurrection is Father's stamped receipt: Sins required wage Paid, Received & Accepted. Amen

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
This question is not hard for me.

John 6:44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them

1 John 4:19 We love Him, because He first loved us.

I did not choose Jesus, He chose me first. John 15:16 You did not choose me, but I chose you

It doesnt matter what false religion people are apart of or if they be pagan, athist or whatever. If they are called by God, The Word will reach them somehow and when they hear it, they will know that God is calling them.

Moses did not choose God. God chose Him first when He spoke to him in the burning bush.

God spoke to Saul on his way to Damascas.

He opened Lydia's ears to pay attention to the gosple.

The Ethiopian eunuch was visited by one of the apostles.

When we hear the gosple preach to us, it is God calling us. Scripture says, my sheep hear my voice, the voice of another they will not listen. And when you hear the word of God, harden not your hearts.

Romans 10:14 But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?

God called me, He opened my ears to hear and He gave me faith to believe in Him. I cant take credit for any of that. It was Jesus who chose me and everone else that belongs to Him.

So if anyone does not believe the gosple of Christ when you tell them, then all you can do is shake the dust off your feet and move on to the next person, while you pray for them that God will prick their hearts. Only God alone can reveal Himself to someone and make them believe in Him.
Acts 13 .46
46Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing YE PUT IT FROM YOU , and JUDGE YOURSELFS unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.

P

pottersclay

Jesus resurrection from the dead.

Recorded below over 500 eye witnesses to Jesus resurrection.

1 Cor 15:
5 And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve:

6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.

7 After that, he was seen of James; then of all the apostles.

Christ's resurrection is Father's stamped receipt: Sins required wage Paid, Received & Accepted. Amen
Love this but what does it have to do with the o.p.? Sorry maybe I'm missing something?

Apr 19, 2020
These all are good saints and I understand fully.
Now place yourself as a skeptic or a person who has never read the Bible.
Explain your belief to a secular audience. No bible knowledge. They ask you of all the other beliefs out there why jesus.
I believe therein lies the problem. How can anyone who has never read the Bible accept Jesus? Faith is a fruit of God’s spirit and God gladly gives his spirit to those who seek it. The Bible is a product of God’s spirit, it being inspired of God. Failure to study and meditate on the Bible hinders any development of true faith.

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019

Why jesus?
Not by faith but through faith and this is a gift from God.

S

Scribe

Ok let's try this .....give a secular reason to a secular world. Think of what it was that got you interested in the bible or God?
Since it is by preaching the Gospel that God has chosen to save them that believe we should communicate it as the Holy Spirit taught it to us when we first heard. Since it is a "faith to faith?" message.

Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. There is a supernatural illumination that takes place by preaching Jesus and explaining the reason why sin separated from a Holy God until Jesus paid the price for our sins and rose again from the dead.

The invitation to come and dwell in us, make as white as snow, give us a purpose in life and grant us eternal life is the message that we must share whether it is to a skeptic or not.

There is no power in preaching something other than the Word of God to convince a skeptic. Scriptures should always be used whether preaching to Jews or Gentiles. There is power in the scriptures that other arguments don't have. The word of God has supernatural power. This must be accepted as fact and one should preach accordingly.

Even when you are paraphrasing and explaining scriptures you don't need to turn them into a fairy tale about lions and wardrobes, you must preach Jesus and the cross. This will penetrate the heart of the skeptic and the intellectual because everyone wants to find their purpose in life and everyone wants to live forever.

The Gospel that Jesus and Paul preached can be tailored toward a non Jew but should include the biblical story of redemption and how it has been God's plan to call all men to repent and put faith in Jesus Christ. Explaining the biblical message of God's plan of redemption for all mankind and not just for Jews, by teaching it from the bible is the best method to convince an intellectual who does not know the bible. No need to be ashamed of the word of God. Many skeptics are ignorant of the bible and everything they have heard about it was wrong. When the message of the reason why God had to send Jesus to live a sinless life and die for our sins in order that He, as a Holy Just God could legally forgive our sins, the intellectual and educated man who is familiar with concepts of law and justice will think it makes perfect sense.

No other name but Jesus Christ whereby a man might be saved from eternal punishment and consequences of sin because Jesus was the only one sent by God to die and rise again to pay for man's sin.

If they don't like the answer it is irrelevant. If they are inspired, and find the message logical, trustworthy and believable and embrace it as Good News it is not because you found a clever secular method of presentation or an intellectual key to the mind of the millennial, it is because the Holy Spirit used the word of God to penetrate and illuminate their minds and this is all the work of the Holy Spirit, usually connected to their humility and repentance and not their skepticism.

It is not to the skeptic that you are sent to preach; it is to those who believe. There are those who's hearts have been prepared to receive the message you preach about Jesus and the condition of their hearts are good soil because of repentance, or a disposition of humility, ready to acknowledge the error of their ways. Until a person is ready to cry out to God in repentance they will not be convinced by your clever intellectual reasonings. Paul was the best at this and got Agrippa to the very point of saying "almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian" but what good did it do?

The Skeptic will be driven to darkness regardless of your presentation. The more powerful and anointed your presentation of Jesus the more the skeptic will be driven to darkness.

As a preacher of the Gospel we are an incense of odor for some people an order signaling life, to others a reminder of their death and judgment. Life unto life, or death unto death.

AlmondJoy

Oct 31, 2020
why Jesus? I am finding many of our youth in college is asking this question so I believe we owe them an answer.

Not only can we point to the bible to answer this question but we can point to our history books. Historians wrote about Jesus and his disciples that ACTUALLY lived. Men like Josephus who was a historian mentions Jesus twice in his writings. My point is that Jesus wasn't a fable.

Just as you would need eye witness' in a court case in 2020, we have eye witness accounts that Jesus rose from the dead! Jesus was seen of over 500 people at once after his resurrection

also a historical fact that of those eye witness' many of them (especially his disciples) died for the testimony of Jesus' resurrection

now a skeptice needs to ask himself, "if people didnt really see Jesus after his resurrection, why would they allow themselves to die?"

WOULD YOU DIE FOR A LIE? neither would Jesus' disciples

so why Jesus? because he is the only God that became flesh, dwelt amoung us, died for us and ROSE FROM THE DEAD!

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I studied other religions before deciding definitively on Christianity.

I liked Buddhism and Taoism. But when practiced they are kind of empty. Maybe because I am in the west I just didn't get it. I wanted to know for myself and I didn't go to any Buddhist or Taoist looking for their answers.

I was worried and wary of following a false religion that was of the devil and not the True God.

When I first started "studying" Christianity I didn't know that the Lord Jesus was God. I didn't know that I was being drawn to Him. I thought I was deciding on the One True Religion.

I had the thought that every religion had a hint of truth to it but none of them had the Whole Truth. I found that to be incorrect. But it does seem to be correct when applied to the denominations of Christianity.

If you read the bible, try to do what the Lord Jesus says in the bible, and ask for His Help to do the things you cannot then there will be no doubt who the Lord Jesus is and why Christianity is the Only Way.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Love this but what does it have to do with the o.p.? Sorry maybe I'm missing something?
I believe it was given as evidence :)

Some people do come to belief and faith through what begins as an intellectual examination of facts in search of the truth. Lee Strobel would perhaps be a good example of this. Still others claim it is impossible to know definitively whether or not God exists, rejecting outright anything that can not be proven empirically, and with the scientific method, while overlooking the fact that the primary definition of empirical means to be guided by experience without using the scientific method. "Spiritual" I have heard described as a soggy cabbage of a word :giggle: One really does need to experience for one's self any number of things before they truly can be believed.