The hardest thing?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

Tinuviel

Being a teen is sometimes a rough lot. What is/was the hardest thing about being a teenager for you, and how do/did you deal with it?

(I'll answer in another post).

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
Trying to deal with school and a guy at the same time trying to keep the balance AND meeting the needs of friends etc too.. I dunno how I do it. I feel like a ninja with a ninja schedule.. the most important stands and if I loose a few hours in college ak squeeze someone in so I dont overdo it and still folks can be happy.
Aaaand dealing with stupid ppl is hard.. or ignorance..especially when I am having a day where im more tempered.. lol

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
The toughest thing for me?

Living without a single new friendship (at least with another human) for an entire year.

However, I slowly got used to it and am now living a pretty much normal school life as a happy and content loner, as I discovered that all I need is God.

T

Tinuviel

I think...for me it was that my parents didn't seem to be emotionally there for me when I needed them, and instead of trying to make a relationship with them I just shut myself in my heart. NOT A GOOD IDEA! Always have a christian mentor who's older than you are who you can talk to! I still don't know how I'm dealing with that, but it is getting some better :)

R

renewed_hope

Being a teenager was hard...from dealing with drama, parents who seemed like a pain who didn't know a darn thing about how I was feeling or what I was going through, loads of homework and an impossible schedule for doing anything relaxing. Looking back almost ten years ago I had it pretty darn easy. My advice even tho it's unsolicited is to realize that no matter how hard your life is now, you will wake up one day and realize you were on easy street :)

T

Tinuviel

Being a teenager was hard...from dealing with drama, parents who seemed like a pain who didn't know a darn thing about how I was feeling or what I was going through, loads of homework and an impossible schedule for doing anything relaxing. Looking back almost ten years ago I had it pretty darn easy. My advice even tho it's unsolicited is to realize that no matter how hard your life is now, you will wake up one day and realize you were on easy street :)
Advice is a beautiful thing...consider yourself solicited :D Thanks for sharing.

Demi777

Oct 13, 2014
Germany
I know what you mean. The only way that you can start bonding with people is when you realize in your mind and head that its not their fault nor yours and that theres nothing none of u can do to change the situation. God bless ya sis

I think...for me it was that my parents didn't seem to be emotionally there for me when I needed them, and instead of trying to make a relationship with them I just shut myself in my heart. NOT A GOOD IDEA! Always have a christian mentor who's older than you are who you can talk to! I still don't know how I'm dealing with that, but it is getting some better :)

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I was bullied relentlessly as a teenager. I bought a lot of it on myself because I stand up for myself and won't allow people to treat me like dirt, but it was still hard to deal with being "that kid" - the one every other kid in school makes fun of because he's different.

I never really dealt with it. People say you should always stand up to bullies. If you are physically incapable of putting a bully down, then you get your butt kicked and the bullying gets worse. All I could do is try to survive and last until I graduated. Then I left and never went back.

M

missy2014

The hardest thing for me has been that we are not unworthy and to forgive myself

M

missy2014

The hardest thing for me has been that we are not unworthy and to forgive myself
Im on the verge of knowing how awesome God's love is my whole life has led up to this point and the knowledge and truths I didn't really believe mean so much more now God's correction brings life- proverbs in God's grace and mercy.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

Striving to feel loved by family and working 24/7 for acceptance, also, having to hear people complain about how much their mom worries about them and wishing my mom would do the same

D

Depleted

Being a teen is sometimes a rough lot. What is/was the hardest thing about being a teenager for you, and how do/did you deal with it?

(I'll answer in another post).
1971-1972<-------from August to August.
Mom tells us she's leaving Dad and we're going with her. She picked August 20th, two days before Dad's birthday. Dad never comes home for lunch. (He never did before that day and never did after that day.) Yet that day he did, and he did when Mom was out getting the U-Haul leaving us to face Dad. (We weren't supposed to tell him, so we didn't.)

I remember writhing outside in the mud (we just moved in the year before, so the yard was more mud than grass), right below the kitchen window listening to them fight. Also, the only day I heard my parents yell at each other. (My brothers tell me I didn't hear because I was down the hall from their bedroom and they did all their fighting after we went to bed.)

I lost 10 pounds that day.

Two weeks later, Mom comes back from the doctors and tells us she has cancer. "Three weeks, three months, six months, who knows?" That kind of cancer. Not would she die, but when would she die. She moved us to her Mom's house, but once that part came out, (we will never know if she knew before we moved), my little brother and I were shipped off to our uncle's house. (Mom's "baby brother"), to live with his family.

Dad would come to visit occasionally. Mom was let out of the hospital for Christmas, and Dad ended up in the hospital there when he came to visit. He almost died from pancreatitis on Christmas Eve/Christmas Day.

In April, I was born again.

A couple of weeks later, Dad came to steal us back while we were at school. Two things stopped him:
A. the school immediately notified Mom's younger brother (another brother. She had three family members living within a mile of each other, so everyone took care of us.)
B. I was at lunch and the lunchroom was so noise, I didn't hear the message over the PA. (A friend asked me what the principal wanted when I went to see him. Oops. lol)

Dad went home without us.

Mom went into remission a week before my baby brother turned 5, so he had a lovely birthday party with an ending I'm so glad he doesn't remember. He hopped up on her lap and she shreaked in pain. (Cancer was supposed to be on her neck, so whatever hurt was clearly a new place. He didn't sit on her neck. Promise.)

My new Christian family included some residents at her hospital and they laid hands on her and prayed. I thought that meant God healed her.

He didn't. She died the end of July.

AND when she died, There was a big fight at the table, because my older brother refused to go back to live with Dad. (He made a fist, and all of us thought he was going to deck Dad, but he didn't.)

Next day, we went North to bury her in the family cemetery, and then my baby brother and I headed west with Dad. The only reason I went back with him was because I was my little brother's godmother, so already promised to take care of him, if Mom died five years earlier.

I was furious with God because I thought he promised to heal Mom.

Good thing about distance away from the events. I now see that as the time when God showed me his ways were different than expected, but better. Dad was never an easy man to get along with, but God forced me to get along with him. I learned to love Dad in those two years I was with him. Something I hadn't really mentally decided to do before that, and something that could only happen with God working through me (all the while I was mad at him too. lol)

Bad news. It wasn't the worst year of my life. Clearly that was the end of 2015 through to the middle of 2016. Sometimes, life gets harder. That too is God. My dross is stubbornly sticky.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
Contentment is the general word. Its pretty vague, but it more or less covers all of my struggles. Feeling insignificant and useless, like things could have been so much better if only this, or if only that. Then you start pinning blame on other people, which brings on resentment.

I honestly still haven't gotten it all tied down yet, but I'm coming to accept things more and more. I think an important lesson I've learned is that there is a time to fight things... and a time to lay down, submit to your circumstances, and find a way to work with it. Sometimes there just isn't any other way.

Being honest with your parents is also something that should be practiced. We'll see if I eat those word in a few days when dad comes home and I have an honest talk with him.

notmyown

May 26, 2016
i'm just gonna sit here and be grateful to God for my teen years.

turns out they weren't as bad as they could have been. :eek:

T

Tinuviel

i'm just gonna sit here and be grateful to God for my teen years.

turns out they weren't as bad as they could have been. :eek:
I know right? So many of us have so much to be thankful for!

Oct 4, 2011
I think the hardest things were: feeling kinda lonely and misunderstood,dealing with my own drama, and other people's drama.
I remember I was stressed out during high school, and this would trigger my rude behavior, I know it was my choice to be / not be rude, but well I guess I was kinda unstable, and I wasted chances of finding new friends. It's something I regret, but I think I can call it a lesson learned:D

WineRose

Jan 3, 2017
Row A, Column 9
Sorry about submitting more than one response, but this is genuinely hard and depressing.

My best friend is...a Muslim.

*Shocked gasps in the audience*

Yeah, I know...a Christian and a Muslim hanging out. How unusual.

Anyway, another really difficult thing for me is accepting the most hideous fate of my dear best friend. We were seperated from each other (in a physical way. I moved) more than a year ago. We still connect with each other via WhatsApp and still hang out occasionally during the holiday. She had it all. She is fun, loving, and a very rare female gamer. I really like her.

That's why I was flabbergasted when I found out that all people who weren't Christians were going straight to hell. That means I will make it out with my soul still intact, but she won't. Her destiny is to rot in hell, screaming in agony for eternity...and there was very little I could do about it.

Why?

Well, you see, I am not an evangelist. I am not good at evangelism at all. Also, if I tried to convince her, that could end VERY badly. She could be rejected by her family. She could even be charged of apostasy. The consequences are near endless. I don't want to ruin her life in the process, but I don't know how not to.

All I can do is enjoy the relatively sparse days we have together until her inevitable brutal end...sorry about the long post, but I just want to get that out there.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011
I grew up in a ski resort town. The high school I went to was mostly filled with kids whose parents were really rich.

Well we were really poor. We always had food and clothes and heat and a roof over our head, we just didn't get a lot of extra things. And both my dad and step-mom worked.

I never felt like I really fit in. So I always felt a little lonely and misunderstood as well. But I sort of liked being alone, after awhile. I would just read books or play sports with my brother and whoever else wanted to join in. We didn't have video games or I probably would have been inside doing that all the time.

Instead we were always outside. Hiking the mountains, building forts, having rock fights (that didn't always end well), finding abandoned vehicles and trails. It seemed like we always had 3 or 4 neighborhood dogs with us as well. We knew who the owners of the dogs were and they would just let their dogs roam during the day, or they escaped or something.

Being a teen-ager seems hard when you are a teen-ager. And it is because of all the emotion and hormones. But the things we worried about seem pretty insignificant just a few years into our 20's. Especially when you start to have kids of your own.

T

TemporaryCircumstances

I grew up in a ski resort town. The high school I went to was mostly filled with kids whose parents were really rich.

Well we were really poor. We always had food and clothes and heat and a roof over our head, we just didn't get a lot of extra things. And both my dad and step-mom worked.

I never felt like I really fit in. So I always felt a little lonely and misunderstood as well. But I sort of liked being alone, after awhile. I would just read books or play sports with my brother and whoever else wanted to join in. We didn't have video games or I probably would have been inside doing that all the time.

Instead we were always outside. Hiking the mountains, building forts, having rock fights (that didn't always end well), finding abandoned vehicles and trails. It seemed like we always had 3 or 4 neighborhood dogs with us as well. We knew who the owners of the dogs were and they would just let their dogs roam during the day, or they escaped or something.

Being a teen-ager seems hard when you are a teen-ager. And it is because of all the emotion and hormones. But the things we worried about seem pretty insignificant just a few years into our 20's. Especially when you start to have kids of your own.

Not for all cases :/

J

JustWhoIAm

It wasn't homelessness (I chose that - I wanted adventure). It wasn't being in the nut wards (Come to find out later I was way more normal than I thought I was). It wasn't being picked on.

It was falling in love and hitting every single branch on the way down.