K
kthespis
Guest
Donald Sterling has disappointed me and many others with his "alleged" remarks on race. Sadly, there are people who believe there is a racial hierarchy. We talked about last week the beauty of children and how they are color blind and totally accepting of others.
Donald Sterling, no doubt, was that same kid, color blind and radiating love, but somewhere along the way an adult ferociously lied to him. The world became fragmented and color blocked. Where there was once love in the heart, bitterness and hate took over.
If we are not expressing love what good are we to mankind? While I am disappointed in Donald Sterling, I pray for his soul and his heart. He is an old man. It's sad the junk he's carried in his heart for a long time, spoiling relationships that had promise.
Although it's easy to point the finger, this situation turns the mirror on myself and I am forced to ask is there any bitterness in my heart; a lack of love that would make ugly things come from my mouth? If there is, I must make a full confession as a grownup and take steps to get back to my original face, that of a child, and start the process over of loving and caring more.
Donald Sterling, no doubt, was that same kid, color blind and radiating love, but somewhere along the way an adult ferociously lied to him. The world became fragmented and color blocked. Where there was once love in the heart, bitterness and hate took over.
If we are not expressing love what good are we to mankind? While I am disappointed in Donald Sterling, I pray for his soul and his heart. He is an old man. It's sad the junk he's carried in his heart for a long time, spoiling relationships that had promise.
Although it's easy to point the finger, this situation turns the mirror on myself and I am forced to ask is there any bitterness in my heart; a lack of love that would make ugly things come from my mouth? If there is, I must make a full confession as a grownup and take steps to get back to my original face, that of a child, and start the process over of loving and caring more.