Continuing with lessons learned from the Bible. PRAYER:
Psalms 50:14) Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High: 15 .) And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Psalms 66:16) Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. 17 .) I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. 18 .) If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:
19 .) But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. 20 .) Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
Psalms 118:4) This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it..........29) O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
Psalms 122:6) Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee.
Matthew 6:9) After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 .) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. 11 .) Give us this day our daily bread. 12 .) And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors. 13 .) And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
Romans 10:1) Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.
Romans 10:9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 .) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 .) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
12 .) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 .) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. 14 .) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? 15 .) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!
Romans 15:30) Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me; 31 .) That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints; 32 .) That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed. 33 .) Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.
1st Corinthians 3:3) Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 4 .) I thank my God always on your behalf, for the grace of God which is given you by Jesus Christ;
1st Corinthians 14:13) Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret. 14 .) For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 .) What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. 16 .) Else when thou shalt bless with the spirit, how shall he that occupieth the room of the unlearned say Amen at thy giving of thanks, seeing he understandeth not what thou sayest? 17 .) For thou verily givest thanks well, but the other is not edified. 18 .) I thank my God, I speak with tongues more than ye all: 19 .) Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue.
2nd Corinthians 1:9) But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: 10 .) Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us; 11 .) Ye also helping together by prayer for us, that for the gift bestowed upon us by the means of many persons thanks may be given by many on our behalf. 12 .) For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
Ephesians 6:18) Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 19 .) And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 .) For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.
Colossians 1:3) We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you, 4 .) Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, 5 .) For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel; 6 .) Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:
1st Thessalonians 5:14) Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men. 15 .) See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men. 16 .) Rejoice evermore. 17 .) Pray without ceasing. 18 .) In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
1st Timothy 2:1) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 .) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 .) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 .) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
James 1:5) If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 .) But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.