Why isnt the seven eyes on one stone used as the fulness?
please tell me ..
Why isnt the seven eyes on one stone used as the fulness?
if you would post the verses in Rev where it is at I think in the first four chapters I believe Jesus tells us that they are the churches the context of which they are used has to be taken into consideration.I am just asking, why three in one why not the seven eyes on the stone before Joshua, like the seven Spirits of God are seen in heaven with the Lamb that was slain?
If all seven pertain to him (the stone) then wouldnt it indicate that is the fulness of God (sevenfold) and again of that is the same fulness of him (sent into the earth) and of whose fulness the church has received being that one same Spirit which divides severally to every man as he wills?
Just fits better then the three in one, if prophecy shows the seven upon one is all
if you would post the verses in Rev where it is at I think in the first four chapters I believe Jesus tells us that they are the churches the context of which they are used has to be taken into consideration.
Friend, I can assure you that I live by what the Word of God says.it really DOESN'T MATTER what you or i think it only matters what the Word of God sayes about the topic of the Godhead. which you nor I fully understand that much I do know
What's out of context?hmmm it seems a little allergorizing of the scriptures and piecing together abunch of verses out of context .
hmmm it seems a little allergorizing of the scriptures and piecing together abunch of verses out of context .
well i am truly sorry I do not see it that way Gen 1 :1-3 God, the Spirit of God and the Spoken Word of GodWhat's out of context?
Does scripture teach that two become one or not?
Does scripture teach that three are one or not?
Does scripture teach that the people are one or not?
Did Jesus pray that we would be one as He and the Father are one or not?
Seriously, think long and hard about that last one. Again, Jesus prayed that we would be one AS HE AND THE FATHER ARE ONE.
Are you part of the Godhead?
Are you the same Person as God the Father?
Are you the same Person as Jesus Christ?
Or...are you to walk in UNITY with God the Father and Jesus Christ?
The answer ought to be obvious...
Yes, and...? How does that contradict anything that I've said? There are three, the Father, the Son/Word and the Holy Spirit and these three are one NOT in that They're the Same Person, but in that they always work in UNITY with Each Other.well i am truly sorry I do not see it that way Gen 1 :1-3 God, the Spirit of God and the Spoken Word of God
1:26 Let US man man in out Image John 1 : 1
Jesus said Believe and Be Baptized in the Name of The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit singular in context.
Again, Jesus prayed that we would be one as He and the Father are one. How, then, are Jesus and the Father one? Are They the Same Person? No, They're not...unless you believe that Jesus prayed that you'd become God. You don't believe that, do you? I hope not. Again, Jesus and the Father (and the Holy Ghost) are one in that they always work together in UNITY. As we walk in UNITY with them, then we become one as They are one.CS1 said:Jesus said I and the Father are one But HE Jesus ALso said the the "Comforter" would come that too should be obvious no?
I don't know how far off I am with this because the Trinity doctrine has always been pretty much out of my reach (hard for me to grasp in any intellectual sense), but this is what I get from scripture regarding it.
Evolution has no falsifiability, nor can it be falsible since it is based upon random mutations as the basis of its hypothesis. How can you disprove a statement of fact when the facts change when you reach the point of disproving it. In such, evolution is not a scientific theory, it is a Catholic doctrine. The Pope did not just announce a few months back that Evolution was a immutable fact for the hell of it, evolution is a weapon like the trinity to pervert and destroy principled reason which threatens the global authority and influence that the Catholic Church has over the people.
So how did the Church obtain knowledge of this secret mystery called the Trinity? And why does the Catholic dogma on the Trinity, never mention the the passage of 1 John 5:7?
For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
Consider this, your Father, your Mother and your Parents; and these three are one. You dad is not your mother, and your dad is not your Parents but he is your dad. Just as you mother is not you father, nor is she your 'parents'
So now consider that in Matthew 28:19 wherein it is written
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Ask a trinitarian the name of the Father, the name of the Son and the name of the Holy Ghost since they are three separate and distinct personages according to the Trinity dogma and all you will hear is the sound of silence.
my friend this is the description that scripture gives of how God made man...man cannot be three parts....you must choose who you will follow...So do you adhere to oneness theology? I'm not sure I understand where you were going with the example you gave of the parents. I'm not sure it is an accurate representation of trinitarianism. I honestly don't really understand either theology as much as I try. But I would lean toward trinitarianism being the more viable, simply because oneness theology is often accompanied by some pretty major errors (i.e. have to be baptized to be saved, must speak in tongues as confirmation, etc.).
That's why I came up with the idea (based on scripture) that Christ is actually God's literal Word manifested in the flesh as the bible states. It makes sense to me. Christ would still be God in that context. Something like an extension. His voice. God the Father being the mind or thought, and Jesus being His thought manifested as His spoken Word which is empowered by the Holy Spirit (His force). All three are still God and represented in a very large number of passages but are three separate and distinct persons or "things" of the same God.
If we are made in His image, then we could relate ourselves to this concept quite easily. We form a thought with our mind. We can then speak this thought verbally. And we have a spirit that gives us life so that all this is possible. Three distinct "things" but still only one human being. And if we had God's power, we could then form our words and put them into a body. They would still be us because they can only speak what we think and the words we give them to speak, but they would have their own physical manifestation or representation.
And also in this context and relating to the OP, it would make sense that God would call the Word made flesh His Son. But this doesn't mean he was conceived by the human understanding of conception which I think is what the OP was alluding to ultimately.
my friend this is the description that scripture gives of how God made man...man cannot be three parts....you must choose who you will follow...
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
1 Corinthians 15:45
And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
actually it is only in Christ man receives a Spirit....vs 46 the first man was not spiritual but natural...
1 Corinthians 15:44-50King James Version (KJV)
[SUP]44 [/SUP]It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
[SUP]45 [/SUP]And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
[SUP]46 [/SUP]Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
[SUP]47 [/SUP]The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.
[SUP]48 [/SUP]As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
[SUP]49 [/SUP]And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
[SUP]50 [/SUP]Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Should history repeat itself, then you'll see the same soon enough:I'm astonished that I don't see the word, banned, underneath Jackhammer's name.
I've personally dealt with this guy on several different occasions on another forum and I was at least partly responsible for getting him banned on more than one occasion AFTER trying to reason with him. Should he return today, then mark my words:JackHammer said:Let's see...I have gotten banned from many forums. Even thrown out of many churches...Just like Jesus.JesusistheChrist said:Speaking of sin, lying is sin, right?
I have two questions for you:
Did you get banned multiple times from Christianforums in the past?
Does God love you more than everybody else (one of your favorites, as I recall)?
You can surely answer two "yes" or "no" questions, can't you?
The jw refuse to knock on my door.
I have never been defeated.
Should history repeat itself, then you'll see the same soon enough:
http://christianchat.com/bible-discussion-forum/106997-word-made-flesh-5.html#post1873961
I've personally dealt with this guy on several different occasions on another forum and I was at least partly responsible for getting him banned on more than one occasion AFTER trying to reason with him. Should he return today, then mark my words:
He'll start telling us that God loves him more than anybody else on the face of the earth...and that he's the messiah.
The guy needs a lot of help and a lot of prayer.
He's been this deceived or deluded FOR YEARS.
He's not.I think he's just having his version of fun.
I know how man was made... I don't see a distinction between spirit and soul. They are used interchangeably through scripture. Even Paul says our spirit, small s, strives against our flesh. I'm not saying man is triune either. But in a sense we can relate to a triune God in the example I presented.
The example of God that I proposed solves two mysteries for me. 1. Why Jesus said God the Father was greater than him, but he can still claim to be God. 2. Why no one knows the day or the hour of his coming but God the Father Himself.
We know from Colossians that Christ is the image of the invisible God, or His Word. To me, he is the substance or the tangible representation of the invisible God. Just as we form words to give our invisible thoughts substance, so Christ, the Word, is the image of the invisible God. And His Spirit would be what permeates throughout all things, God's power which empowers all things good and restrains all things evil, for God's own purposes.
I don't see how what I proposed contradicts the Trinity doctrine either, but like I said, I have trouble wrapping my mind around that doctrine because no one can explain it to me in a way that makes sense. Three persons, One God -seems- to indicate polytheism to me. What I've proposed solves this dilemma for me while not exactly opposing the Trinity theory. I also don't adhere to the oneness doctrine at all.
scripture says there is one God ......man teaches there are three persons....The Word was with God and the Word was God and all things was made by the Word...the word was made flesh...where do you see a trinity in there???
Here is the Father and the Word who was made flesh....being ascribed in the sustenance and creation of all things...do you see a third party being ascribed any part of ALL...Go now and look at the scripture and read vs 7 ....
1 Corinthians 8:6
But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.