The Holy Spirit: A What or Who?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ImEternity
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

ImEternity

Guest
Hello and thank you for reading my post.

Dear God. Lord Jesus. My Heavenly Father. My Savior. My Healer. Bless your name JESUS. When we pray we always acknowledge The Son and The Father, but what about The Holy Spirit? A lot of Christians have never acknowledged The Holy Spirit as an actual person. The Holy Spirit is the most neglected. People have not realized that The Holy Spirit is a part of God. The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit all serve different roles. The Father operates or initiates, the Son administrates, and the Holy Spirit manifests, but ultimately all of them work together for the same purpose.

Remember in Genesis 1:2 we read. "... the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters." He was waiting for the Father to initiate. The Son then had to administrate by saying, "Light be," because Jesus is the Word of God. When "light be" was spoken, the Son administered the Father's will and the Holy Spirit created that which was spoken. To get a better understanding of what I am talking about I recommend that you read the book "The Holy Spirit: An Introduction" by John Bevere. I have been reading this book and it has definitely opened my eyes to how I view things. It has given me a better understanding of who is actually in my life.

It has been shown to me that many Christians tend to believe that the Holy Spirit is what is "caught" during church. They believe it is just a burst of enthusiasm for God or the action of speaking in tongues or jumping around or passing out because you "caught" the Holy Spirit. However, this not what the Holy Spirit is. The Holy Spirit is not a thing, an object, or a ghostly spirit. The Holy Spirit is a Person.

If you are unable to purchase the book, PLEASE click this link --> https://youtu.be/5hV1JE-nfx0 . Watch the video and open your eyes. I promise you watching the video and/or reading the book will help you grow as a Christian and as an individual. Until next time, Be Blessed. Smile. Stay Happy and Strong In Faith.

-Eternity M.
:)[SUB][/SUB]
 
You are correct the Holy spirit is alive and is an actual being a person but he is also not a physical being. If I were to imagine what he looks like I would say he is a combination of God's fire power and love mainly because when I first met him this is what I felt and when he consumes me as he sometimes tends to do this is exactly what I feel.

But not only that he is full of life, if he is in the form fire right in front of you if you touched him you wouldn't be burned but instead a single touch would overpower you with life and if you needed healing you would feel the soothing warm feeling of him healing you