The Holy Spirit helps us in keeping the commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I am sure she intended she has done her best to remove any obvious sin from her life, very commendable and farther ahead of you who so willingly point a finger.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Ebeth33- The devil has sent his minions for sure on this thread, greater is He who is in you than they.
blessings

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
no one in the world is required to respond to anything you say. Suck it up buttercup, you are not the center of the universe.
Well, that's the whole point of a debate, is it not? You make a statement, another challenges it, and if you cannot respond, then your case is invalid.

Now, if in humility you acknowledge that maybe you got something wrong, grow from that, and move on, then you responded correctly. Swatting the statement away does not validate your point of view. It only shows that you cannot back yourself up.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
She was not debating, go get a life,. start your own "debate" thread.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I am sure she intended she has done her best to remove any obvious sin from her life, very commendable and farther ahead of you who so willingly point a finger.
Wow. Looks like God needs to move over and make room for you on His throne.

You obviously have not been following this thread. I said to her, "So, you have not sinned recently?" Her response? "No..."

If you're okay with that, then your theology is flawed. And, all the name-calling and insults will not make your case more valid.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
You haven't sinned recently, I gather?
What a snotty question to ask of anyone who takes the Lord's guidance to repent seriously. To repent is to not want to sin. Why should you assume it is a statement of not sinning? The answers I come up with come up with thoughts given us by demons. Have you a better reason to ask it?

CS1

May 23, 2012
I'm reading some bizarre posts here.

Ebeth started this thread by saying that she no longer sinned. I quoted her statements a few posts back.

Then, some Christians come in here and defend that statement, when it is clearly not scriptural. Christians sin. Are we new creatures? Yes. Are we perfected in this life? No. Therefore, we are going to sin, even as regenerated believers. Paul -- possibly the greatest Christian to ever live -- admitted as much. (I am the chief of sinners.)

The issue as I understand it is this: Do you battle with your sinful nature or do you like your sinful nature? I battle with mine. I got some sinful habits, have sinful thoughts, sometimes say sinful things. But, I see myself in a struggle with those things. I don't cheerfully embrace them. And, I know of no Christian on this earth, with the exception of Ebeth and those here who are encouraging her, who don't.
I agree that you are partly correct yet you are partly incorrect. Paul also said in Romans 6:11

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That word Reckon in the Greek means count it to be so because it IS SO. yes there is a battle, yes sin is always pulling at us yet our focus is not that we as Christian do sin, but Sin no longer rules in our body.

The Mind of Christ is one of victory NOT defeat. IF your mindset is your sin then you sin, but IF we claim sin no longer rules in us then IT will not be BEcause of Christ.

How can you live in what you say you are dead too? The Old CS1 had to die and we must die daily. Yet at times we try to resurrect the flesh in our willful disobedience. BUT we are supposed to not accept that mind set we are to count ourselves dead to sin Because we are dead. There is grace for u as we fight and live for christ Yet it is not like the world they have no power to say no. we do.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
What a snotty question to ask of anyone who takes the Lord's guidance to repent seriously. To repent is to not want to sin. Why should you assume it is a statement of not sinning? The answers I come up with come up with thoughts given us by demons. Have you a better reason to ask it?
I find myself having to repeat my original responses. Go back and read them.

I assumed nothing. I asked her a direct question and got a direct answer. Then, she contradicted herself later, and you and others here have defended her.

I invite you and anyone else to go through my statements here and point out where I made my mistake. Here's what will happen: No one will actually do that, but instead will just launch a personal criticism of me and what they think I mean.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
I agree that you are partly correct yet you are partly incorrect. Paul also said in Romans 6:11

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

That word Reckon in the Greek means count it to be so because it IS SO. yes there is a battle, yes sin is always pulling at us yet our focus is not that we as Christian do sin, but Sin no longer rules in our body.

The Mind of Christ is one of victory NOT defeat. IF your mindset is your sin then you sin, but IF we claim sin no longer rules in us then IT will not be BEcause of Christ.

How can you live in what you say you are dead too? The Old CS1 had to die and we must die daily. Yet at times we try to resurrect the flesh in our willful disobedience. BUT we are supposed to not accept that mind set we are to count ourselves dead to sin Because we are dead. There is grace for u as we fight and live for christ Yet it is not like the world they have no power to say no. we do.
Exactly. You must die daily. You don't have to make the effort to die to something you're already perfectly dead to.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
I get so sick of this whole thing here. I really do.

@Ebeth33 I'm not talking about the OP I like it...it's good.

What I am sick of is all the fighting over scriptures...anytime anyone brings up walking in the Spirit, trusting in the Lord to help us to be holy, and set us free...then comes all the drama.

God didn't call us into sin. He called us out of the darkness into the light...and that is that. He made us overcomers. Now that don't mean that we are going to be perfect, but through him we have an advocate with the Father and forgiveness of our sins through Jesus Christ.

We have a new life in Him and have been set free. We are now in JESUS. We walk in his power and not our own.

That's a true story and should make all us feel joy and encouragement.

So please people stop discouraging others...We are no longer slaves to sin. Jesus broke the chains and set us free.

Don't try to keep holding people down in sin...lift them up and encourage them in the Lord.
Except that bold part of your post is not what Ebeth33 is doing.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
I find more sincere believers in the live chats when I watch my preachers and churches on YouTube there are always some anti-rapture people but I never in my 15 years saved have I found anti-10 commandments, that's the first thing the Holy Spirit does is convict you of sin in your life and "clean you up" there are so many verses about how idolaters, sexually immoral, liars, etc. will nor inheret the kingdom of God. This is new to me, these "Christians" couldn't have really repented to receive Christ as they're Lord and Savior if they are still in sin. Therefore a false conversion and they do not get convicted of sin or "spoken" to by the Word because the Holy Spirit is not present in them.
The biggest mistake I've encountered when a member of theology or Christian, Bible, forums is when atheists are allowed to enter into what should be a Christians only part of the site. If there is even such an area.

Besides being the biggest examples of Oxymorons, atheists who join religious forums are always Trolls. And it is impossible to miss their intentions. Even when they pretend to be in the faith, the truth comes out when they mock or ridicule or insult actual Christians.

As to what you've experienced and shared above, its typical of those who suffer "Easy Believerism". It becomes most public when we witness public figures wearing crosses and then advocating or living contrary to the Bible. Lesbian couples, Homosexual male couples. Musicians putting out albums promoting prostitution, whoremongering, murder.

It's as if they think Jesus is an aspirin. Take a dose, "I believe", and you're saved no matter what. Just claim his name and whalah you're heaven bound. Sin is eternally pardoned so you can sin as often as you like.

While the actual born again holy spirit filled Christian is no longer a sinner, and sins are no longer held against them, we know that we are highly aware of right and wrong. And we do not make a habit of sinning. But if we do, as God tells us, Jesus is our advocate because God forgave our past sins and remembers them no more.
Tragedy is encountering those false one's who insist , as Christians, they're still a sinner. They just don't get it.
I met a man once that would drive anyone up a wall fast. Everything he said, regardless of what it was, was followed by, "forgive me".
Seriously.
The last time I had anything to do with him we were all out to lunch. Didn't even occur to me that this would be yet another one of those times. Idiot! I should have known.
He orders. Then as he's handing the waiter the menu says, forgive me.

You can imagine the rest. The waiter waited. Thinking there was something more, or that the man had failed to order rightly.

God knows his people. Rest assured in that. And whatever you do, don't ever rely on anyone validating your faith, or to the contrary, working to invalidate your faith.
That latter part, when anyone makes that effort toward you, they're showing you they have none themselves.
Nothing is so grotesque as a sorry example of the lie that they profess when claiming Christ, as someone who has the tongue of the Devil while thinking they're defending holy writ.

God Bless and Keep You.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Ice's point was that that is what others here are doing.
Actually Ice's point was directed at 1ofthem who was claiming others, including eBeth33, were doing that.

E

eternally-gratefull

Actually Ice's point was directed at 1ofthem who was claiming others, including eBeth33, were doing that.
He has a reason for saying this, We should see why she said this, Not just judge her for falsly accusing someone of this.

I personally could see how Ebeth could be seen as doing that things

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
The biggest mistake I've encountered when a member of theology or Christian, Bible, forums is when atheists are allowed to enter into what should be a Christians only part of the site. If there is even such an area.

Besides being the biggest examples of Oxymorons, atheists who join religious forums are always Trolls. And it is impossible to miss their intentions. Even when they pretend to be in the faith, the truth comes out when they mock or ridicule or insult actual Christians.

As to what you've experienced and shared above, its typical of those who suffer "Easy Believerism". It becomes most public when we witness public figures wearing crosses and then advocating or living contrary to the Bible. Lesbian couples, Homosexual male couples. Musicians putting out albums promoting prostitution, whoremongering, murder.

It's as if they think Jesus is an aspirin. Take a dose, "I believe", and you're saved no matter what. Just claim his name and whalah you're heaven bound. Sin is eternally pardoned so you can sin as often as you like.

While the actual born again holy spirit filled Christian is no longer a sinner, and sins are no longer held against them, we know that we are highly aware of right and wrong. And we do not make a habit of sinning. But if we do, as God tells us, Jesus is our advocate because God forgave our past sins and remembers them no more.
Tragedy is encountering those false one's who insist , as Christians, they're still a sinner. They just don't get it.
I met a man once that would drive anyone up a wall fast. Everything he said, regardless of what it was, was followed by, "forgive me".
Seriously.
The last time I had anything to do with him we were all out to lunch. Didn't even occur to me that this would be yet another one of those times. Idiot! I should have known.
He orders. Then as he's handing the waiter the menu says, forgive me.

You can imagine the rest. The waiter waited. Thinking there was something more, or that the man had failed to order rightly.

God knows his people. Rest assured in that. And whatever you do, don't ever rely on anyone validating your faith, or to the contrary, working to invalidate your faith.
That latter part, when anyone makes that effort toward you, they're showing you they have none themselves.
Nothing is so grotesque as a sorry example of the lie that they profess when claiming Christ, as someone who has the tongue of the Devil while thinking they're defending holy writ.

God Bless and Keep You.
I stand by my first statements here. No Christian fails to do something that he/she doesn't have to ask forgiveness for later. That doesn't make me an atheistic troll. It makes me honest.

I expect this from any and every forum I join now. Christian and non-Christian alike prove, ironically enough, my original points in this thread, that ALL people are still sinners. The christian has this difference: They don't like their sin and want to shrug it off. I find myself asking God, not infrequently, to take me out of this sinful flesh NOW. I'm still waiting. I hate the struggle. But, it's what He's assigned me to and so I must endure. But I digress.

Public forums don't invite like-minded folks. They invite all kinds of folks. And, all kinds include decent, civil, indecent and uncivil. And, those descriptions apply to Christian and non-Christian alike. I've been insulted here by those claiming to be of Christ (and maybe they indeed are), yet I did not once insult anyone.

But, will I leave? Of course not. Been doing this too long, and am too old at this point to not be able to handle it. None of this has come as any surprise.

Something else we ought to be aware of: Text-driven media are prone to misunderstandings. They are also given to drawing out of people their darkest sides, since anonymity protects them. Hence, the garbage we've seen here and will likely continue to see until God returns.

I stand by original challenge of Ebeth's original statements. I don't doubt this woman's trying to serve God, but to say that you're obeying all aspects of the moral law with perfection on a daily basis should arouse, at least, the curiosity of every true believer.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
He has a reason for saying this, We should see why she said this, Not just judge her for falsly accusing someone of this.

I personally could see how Ebeth could be seen as doing that things
I can make no sense of your post. He, she, ? The context is incorrect to make a cogent point.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
I stand by my first statements here. No Christian fails to do something that he/she doesn't have to ask forgiveness for later. That doesn't make me an atheistic troll. It makes me honest.

I expect this from any and every forum I join now. Christian and non-Christian alike prove, ironically enough, my original points in this thread, that ALL people are still sinners. The christian has this difference: They don't like their sin and want to shrug it off. I find myself asking God, not infrequently, to take me out of this sinful flesh NOW. I'm still waiting. I hate the struggle. But, it's what He's assigned me to and so I must endure. But I digress.

Public forums don't invite like-minded folks. They invite all kinds of folks. And, all kinds include decent, civil, indecent and uncivil. And, those descriptions apply to Christian and non-Christian alike. I've been insulted here by those claiming to be of Christ (and maybe they indeed are), yet I did not once insult anyone.

But, will I leave? Of course not. Been doing this too long, and am too old at this point to not be able to handle it. None of this has come as any surprise.

Something else we ought to be aware of: Text-driven media are prone to misunderstandings. They are also given to drawing out of people their darkest sides, since anonymity protects them. Hence, the garbage we've seen here and will likely continue to see until God returns.

I stand by original challenge of Ebeth's original statements. I don't doubt this woman's trying to serve God, but to say that you're obeying all aspects of the moral law with perfection on a daily basis should arouse, at least, the curiosity of every true believer.
What fascinates me about your protracted reply to my protracted post is, I wasn't talking to nor about you. My post was addressed to eBeth33.
Somehow you see yourself in my observations.