The Holy Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
I think it is of the utmost importance to make sure the spirit we listen to lines up with His Spirit, and there is only one way to be sure, to measure it against ;

Isayah 59:21, "As for Me, this is My covenant with them, says Yahweh: My Spirit which is upon you, namely My Word (Instructions) which I have put in your mouth; they will not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your seed, nor from the mouth of your seed's seed, says Yahweh: from this time and forevermore."

John 6:63, "It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The Words (Instructions) that I speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting."

John 6:63, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

ISeeYou

Jan 8, 2015
Paul by the Holy Ghost is speaking to those who desire to be under the law, he asks

Gal 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?

And starts here,

Gal 4:22 For it is written, that Abrahamhad two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

And puts forth their differences

Gal 4:23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh ; but he of the freewoman wasby promise

Which things are what?

Paul continues,

Gal 4:24 Which things are an allegory:

For
these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

We know Abraham was a prophet Gen 20:7 and Hebrews tells us similarly that

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

God speaking by Hosea shows what manner He has spoken by the same saying,

Hosea 12:10 I have also spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.

Showing us in times past God used similitudes by the ministry of the prophets

And we know now that God

Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds

And of Jesus Christ its written,

Psalm 78:2 I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old: (Mark 4:13, Mat 13:35-36 & example of one Luke 20:17)

So he would utter things kept secret and the verse (which "pointed forward" to Jesus) pertained how he would speak (which was in a parable) but one which had to do with the dark sayings "of old" themselves.

Jesus said also the Holy Ghost will teach you all things

John 14:26 But the Comforter,which isthe Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Cr 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

And that is not as mans wisdom teaches, but spiritually comparing these things, even what Jesus had said to them.

Paul adds that the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit

1Cr 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them
, because they are spiritually discerned.

So the Holy Ghost would teach utilizing the above in the manners described

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
Yahchanan (John) 4:24, "Yahweh is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

Isayah 59:21, "As for Me, this is My covenant with them, says Yahweh: My Spirit which is upon you, namely My Word (Instructions) which I have put in your mouth; they will not depart from your mouth, nor from the mouth of your seed, nor from the mouth of your seed's seed, says Yahweh: from this time and forevermore."

John 6:63, "It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. The Words (Instructions) that I speak to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting."

John 6:63, "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

"the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit"

Mattithyah 22:36-40, "Teacher, what is the greatest commandment in the Law? Yahshua said to him: You must love Yahweh your Father with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your might. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets."

Yahchanan (John) 14:15, "If you love Me, keep My commandments."

Mattithyah 5:18, "For truly I say to you; Unless heaven and earth passes away, one yodh--the smallest of the letters--will in no way pass from the Law, until all things are perfected."

Romans 8:5-8, "For those who live according to the flesh, set their minds on the things of the flesh; but those who live according to the Spirit, set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against; (bitterly opposed to), Yahweh; for it his not subject to the Law of Yahweh, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are of the flesh cannot please Yahweh."

Jan 2, 2015
The ( so called ! ) churches of the world (church is the people not the building ) are simply natural (carnal ) minded people (mostly) and so many see the hypocrisy very quickly ..man made theology and teachings ( fairy stories ) to rob them of true eternal life...Jesus had similar problems.the "religious" people of his own ( supposedly following Gods law) had gone so far of the track..so he showed them what happens when you get it right with God (healing..fed..etc) but they constantly tried to catch him by the Law (there theology) ...eventually Math 23 he gives them an ear full !!!

same today....worse...( blind lead the blind ..both fall into the pit )

must have the Spirit...rom 8v9 or not a christian at all ( just play acting !)
must be according to the Word of God..truth..

1Co 14:2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

1Co 14:14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.

Mr 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;.......

repent be baptised and recieve the Holy Ghost.....you cant get the signs as Jesus said unless you do it his way...

its not hard...and its free