The intersection between the occult, gnosticism and conspiracy theorists

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 23, 2019
The desire to be "in the know" is old as Eve's deception and as new as Q-anon. The conspiracy theorist is the one who doesn't know what's real but knows this can't be it. The conspiracy theorist is obsessed with obtaining (or insists he has obtained) hidden knowledge while blithely ignoring the evidence before his face. The conspiracy theorists' ruminations both feed upon and exacerbate the theorists' spirit of fear. I insist that those who are born of God have no proper business indulging such obsessions and self terrorizing.

U

UnderGrace

The desire to be "in the know" is old as Eve's deception and as new as Q-anon. The conspiracy theorist is the one who doesn't know what's real but knows this can't be it. The conspiracy theorist is obsessed with obtaining (or insists he has obtained) hidden knowledge while blithely ignoring the evidence before his face. The conspiracy theorists' ruminations both feed upon and exacerbate the theorists' spirit of fear. I insist that those who are born of God have no proper business indulging such obsessions and self terrorizing.
I am not clear on the above, are you stating QAnon is false or true?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Some conspiracies are real like; Where's Jimmy Hoffa? What happened to the Nazi base in Antarctica? I really prefer to doubt and question what I'm told because;

M

morefaithrequired

you might be making sime good points but further elaboration needed.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
As I've said before, a great tool satan uses is conspiracy theories. People spend more time vested in what is essentially gossip than the things God wants them in.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Do not call conspiracy everything this people calls a conspiracy; do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it.
Isaiah 8:12

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
The Devil must take over before the Lord returns. Their more truth in the Bible than on the news.

Kojikun

Oct 5, 2018
I partially agree I know how destructive many of these can be too a new one in Christ. Mostly the End Times popping up when even a slight mishap is going on gets a bit irritating. I believe in the end times but according to many sources it should have happened about 10 times within the last few years. The boy who cried wolf comes to mind in this situation.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I partially agree I know how destructive many of these can be too a new one in Christ. Mostly the End Times popping up when even a slight mishap is going on gets a bit irritating. I believe in the end times but according to many sources it should have happened about 10 times within the last few years. The boy who cried wolf comes to mind in this situation.

I can remember 2 very prominent and popular radio & preachers/teachers/authors that independently predicted that the rapture would take place in 1987. Some of those who followed rather than the word of God fell away because they became disappointed.

We have Books like Isaiah, Jerimiah, Daniel in the OT and Matthew Chapter 24 & 25 as well as Revelations as warnings of what to expect but remember that Jesus said "Know man knows the day or the hour" not even him.

Oct 24, 2019
The occult means secret and shrouded, the great irony of the secret knowledge being that their stuff really ain't that old nor that vast, it's kinda quick to read and the great secret is...… it's actually pretty boring Victorian era nonsense really that our lewd and vain forebears the hippy new agers liked. Not gonna sugar coat it, they are pretty lame.

Meanwhile in the 21st Century AD the most secret of all knowledge has begun to unravel and the human slaves begin to gain the knowledge of the secret conspiring cabal which rules the world, the New World Order.....

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Does a pathology behind conspiracy theorists. They prefer to believe elaborate lies over simple truth