The joy of the Lord

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
These two scriptures speak so well to...

how great God's love for us is....

54:10 Though the mountians leave their place and the hills be shaken.
My love shall never leave you
nor my covenent of peace be shaken,
says the Lord, who has mercy on you

and how His love is why we recive His comandments with joy..

:For the joy of the Lord shall be your salvation.

Just wanted to share them, that these scriptures will bring you all His perfect love and joy!

Share why the joy of the Lord is your salvation? :)

God bless
pickles

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Just wanted to share them, that these scriptures will bring you all His perfect love and joy!

God bless
pickles
I do not believe any of us have ever felt that full joy for it is reserved for Yahweh's great and glorious Day. We receive that joy in small amounts for now. If we were to receive the full joy while in this tent called flesh, it is my considered belief we would leave it.

We know this joy enough by the entering of the Holy Spirit assuring us that everything will be just fine. That first entering of the Holy Spirit was my first sensation of real Love, Which is God, Yahweh. The joy was so great I felt I could not remain in this age any longer. I mean I felt as if I were going to just leave. It did not happen, but that was my first real taste of the Salvation that is Yeshua, Jesus. I believe we all experience something the same.

Amazing Salvation by Joy, and it is so true. May this joy be shared by all greatly in this age, because come the Kingdom it will be incredible, I believe, in Yeshua, Jesus, amen.

Pickles, thank you for sharing this teaching and wonder.......

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

God bless
pickles
About 3 yrs ago I was searching as diligently as I could looking for the secret of what I had to do in order to enter into this abundant life hidden with Christ.

I was praying everyday, reading my bible everyday. Going to bible studies, prayer groups, mens group, and church every week. I would listen to sermons and christian music while I was at work. I was really, really trying to figure it out.

Then, one day, I came home early from work and I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a book called 'The Christians Secret of A Happy Life' by Hannah Smith. And I got to this part that said all we have to do to have the happiest christian life is to abide in the vine that is Jesus Christ. I just started laughing and laughing. I laughed for about 4-5 minutes straight. At one point I thought I was going to be stuck that way and started to stop laughing but then shrugged that thought away and continued laughing.

It was so simple. Abide in Christ. Rely on Him. Keep Him in the forefront. Sometimes what we are searching for is right in front of us and when we find it, it is hilarious that we didn't see it previously...

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
we all need to have much joy in the Lord for what he has done for us.

O

OFM

the book is greati read it. we need to allow ourselfs and choose for ourself's daily as much alot as possiable to be filled with the JoyOus JoyFull Joy Of Our Lord Jesus Christ very much alot allways...........

P

psychomom

Then, one day, I came home early from work and I was sitting at the kitchen table reading a book called 'The Christians Secret of A Happy Life' by Hannah Smith.
Grandpa, my husband picked up that book one day, and the Lord used it to redeem him! :)

And I really like what you said here, as I do for all your posts. Thanks.
-ellie

P

psychomom

Yay! A pickles thread! :)

When I saw this thread earlier today, the first thought I had was:
"Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10b)
Remember that song? I used to sing it with my little ones in Sunday School classes.
It's really repetitive, but it cemented the verse in my mind. :)

I think Jack is right---I don't think these bodies and minds could contain all the joy the Lord will give us. ♥
My kiddos know how much I love the Isaiah verse you quoted, and somehow they found a beautiful poster with those words on it,
and they had it framed for my bedroom. (I love those children. You all would, too, since they are fabulous!! ;) )

How is the joy of the Lord my salvation? At first all I could think of is how the Lord's salvation is my joy.
But He reminds me that time and time again, joy has carried me through some dark trials.
He used His joy to save me in them, and to keep my foot from stumbling.
Happiness comes and goes, but God's joy doesn't.
Thanks, Lord!! ♥

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yay! A pickles thread! :)

When I saw this thread earlier today, the first thought I had was:
"Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." (Nehemiah 8:10b)
Remember that song? I used to sing it with my little ones in Sunday School classes.
It's really repetitive, but it cemented the verse in my mind. :)

I think Jack is right---I don't think these bodies and minds could contain all the joy the Lord will give us. ♥
My kiddos know how much I love the Isaiah verse you quoted, and somehow they found a beautiful poster with those words on it,
and they had it framed for my bedroom. (I love those children. You all would, too, since they are fabulous!! ;) )

How is the joy of the Lord my salvation? At first all I could think of is how the Lord's salvation is my joy.
But He reminds me that time and time again, joy has carried me through some dark trials.
He used His joy to save me in them, and to keep my foot from stumbling.
Happiness comes and goes, but God's joy doesn't.
Thanks, Lord!! ♥
About not being able to enjoy or have the full joy in the frame that is our bodies, let me elaborate on why I believe this, only slightly. When Yahweh, God's Holy Spirit entered into me I was so joyous, my feet did not touch the ground, and for about a week I was certain anyone so joyous was going to die, from this age at least. I really thought it too great to survive. Yahweh, God, is so good all of the time, but you all know this very well. Blessed be the Joy of our Salvation, Jesus, amen.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I do not believe any of us have ever felt that full joy for it is reserved for Yahweh's great and glorious Day. We receive that joy in small amounts for now. If we were to receive the full joy while in this tent called flesh, it is my considered belief we would leave it.

We know this joy enough by the entering of the Holy Spirit assuring us that everything will be just fine. That first entering of the Holy Spirit was my first sensation of real Love, Which is God, Yahweh. The joy was so great I felt I could not remain in this age any longer. I mean I felt as if I were going to just leave. It did not happen, but that was my first real taste of the Salvation that is Yeshua, Jesus. I believe we all experience something the same.

Amazing Salvation by Joy, and it is so true. May this joy be shared by all greatly in this age, because come the Kingdom it will be incredible, I believe, in Yeshua, Jesus, amen.

Pickles, thank you for sharing this teaching and wonder.......

I know so well what you speak to here, being with Jesus, and remaining here simply because He asks us to.
Your words and all here are a comfort to me, to know we all have tasted that heavenly host, and seek His face diligently.
I sometimes weep for wanting to be with Him in eternity.
Then Jesus's reminds me, we do not have to wait, for He is already alive within us all! :)

I do look forward to that day though, :) can you imagine it? :) When we are all together with Our Lord, sharing in the joy of His presance always, and getting to see not Just Jesus, but each and all here...
Face to face!!! :)
Now that will be the party of the century, :) actually eternity!!!
For the Joy of the Lord will trully be our salvation, and all our praise will be glory to Jesus, Our Lord God!!! :)

God bless
pickles