The King James Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
The other Bibles have removed words from the Bible therefore; these patterns are unique to the King James Bible
That is interesting... so because words were removed the pattern is not there.. and you see this as a sign etc?

Nov 24, 2017
GOD is the Greatest at everything.. Greatest Mathematician....

We can admire GOD’s Blue print.. but never comprehend more than we were ever suppose to..

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not."
Jeremiah 33:3

333= 37 x 9

Nov 24, 2017
That is interesting... so because words were removed the pattern is not there.. and you see this as a sign etc?
It is a seal of authenticity that the King James Bible is the word of God in these last days. It is that simple.

Nov 24, 2017
The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (Psalm 12)

This is the 490th (70 x 7) chapter of the Bible

Nov 24, 2017
Watch a video on youtube concerning the numbers 37 and 73 in the Bible for witnesses in the Hebrew and Greek languages.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Is the general consensus Biblical?
The general consensus is based upon the promotion of critical texts and modern Bible versions by ALMOST ALL textual critics and scholars, as well as ALMOST ALL well-known Christian theologians, preachers, teachers, personalities, and Bible publishers (the Trinitarian Bible Society being the exception).

"The Great Bible Version Hoax" was created by Westcott & Hort back in 1881, but hardly anyone challenged their fantasies and thus the Revised Version (1881) became the competitor for the King James Bible. Since then dozens of new Bible versions have surfaced, each one claiming to be the "standard" but failing to become so. But that gave the publishers a golden opportunity to sell "new & improved" "Bibles", so they continued to revise the revisions ad infinitum and ad nauseum. Today, Christians are faced with a bewildering array of versions, all claiming to be the truest and the best (but falsely so).

The historical fact is that the King James Bible (called the Authorized Version because it was appointed to be read in churches) was designed to be the best English translation following all the English Bibles which had appeared in print. Thus it became the leading English language Bible throughout the world, and when we take into account the vast domain of the British Empire until the 20th century, all those countries where English was spoken and read considered the KJB "THE Bible". In other words, until about 1911 there was only one English Bible being used (and the Geneva Bible took second place). It is still the most faithful, and reliable English Bible translation, and the few archaisms which exist can easily be resolved through Strong's Exhaustive Concordance. Also, the only difference between those printed today and the one issued in 1611 is in the spellings and punctuation. Otherwise they are identical (contrary to many scoffers and mockers).

Regardless of the general consensus, the majority of evangelical Christians have been duped into thinking that the modern versions are "superior" to the KJB, because the lie which was strongly promoted and accepted was that a handful of Gnostic corruptions of the New Testament were "the best" and "the purest" because of their age. But actually their survival, and their age, was evidence that they had been discarded by discerning Christians and were fit for the rubbish heap thus they sat and gathered dust. As a matter of fact Codex Sinaiticus (Aleph) was found in a monastery in the Sinai desert in a basket reserved for kindling materials used for firewood! And in spite of all the "scholarly" opinions, there are just two manuscripts -- Aleph and B (Codex Vaticanus) which were used to supersede the remaining 5,000+ manuscripts of the NT which are extant.

So when you look at the critical texts (e.g. Westcott-Hort, Nestle, Nestle-Aland, or the United Bible Societies text) that is what is being presented. Which means thousands of omissions, additions, interpolations, and transpositions to the true text of the Bible, and at least 1,500 of which have doctrinal significance.

In order to get to the bottom of the truth regarding this issue, Christians should study how Westcott and Hort were exposed by other equally (or better) equipped textual scholars such as Burgon, Scrivener, Hoskier, etc. For reprints of their books you can go th the website of The Bible for Today, where The Dean Burgon Society was formed for the very purpose of presenting Christians with the truth about Bible versions. The Bible For Today HomePage

Last edited:
M

Miri

I was 37 and 39 once, so they must be important.

[video]https://youtu.be/Otm4RusESNU[/video]

Dec 28, 2016
Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice. (John 18:37)

37th verse in New Testament containing the word "truth". Interested in "wisdom"? Read Proverbs 1 which is the 629th (37 x 17) chapter of the Bible. God has numbered and ordered His book and I am here to declare that even the chapters and verse numbers are by divine order.
You do know the verses and chapters were added YEARS, centuries before the KJV was ever even a thought?

Stephen Langton added chapters in the 13th century. The Wycliff bible was the first to use the chapters in their bibles.

The OT started having chapters in it in the 15th century. Verses were added in 1555 by Robert Estienne.

You guys sound just like a convo I watched on TV once betwixt Larry Hutch and Paula White. She quoted a chapter and verse and then spouted off how the bible uses chapter and verse #'s to prove a point. Larry Hutch 'amened' it. Uhhh, guys, the originals did not have chapters and verses when it was originally written.

I would call you guys kittens, but even they open their eyes after 9 days. :rolleyes:

Dec 28, 2016
37 is a combination of 3 (Father, Word and Holy Ghost). 7 is the number for completion or perfection and the "seven spirits". 37 is the 12th prime number (12 apostles etc.). 37 reduces to 1 (3 + 7 = 10 and 1 + 0 = 1)

37 reduces to 1; 74 reduces to 2; 111 reduces to 3; 148 reduces to 4 and the pattern goes to infinity as far as I know if you count by 37's
And it is foolishness like this that makes me want to see the KJV yanked off of bookshelves. Its nothing but a superiority complex that can not be proven true. :rolleyes:

Dec 28, 2016
37 is a combination of 3 (Father, Word and Holy Ghost). 7 is the number for completion or perfection and the "seven spirits". 37 is the 12th prime number (12 apostles etc.). 37 reduces to 1 (3 + 7 = 10 and 1 + 0 = 1)

37 reduces to 1; 74 reduces to 2; 111 reduces to 3; 148 reduces to 4 and the pattern goes to infinity as far as I know if you count by 37's
John 3:16...

John in the fourth book in the NT. 3 x 16 = 48. 48 x 4 = 196. 196 - 3 - 48- 145 = 0

0 is the amount of sense this KJV superiority complex makes. :rolleyes:

Dec 28, 2016
It is a seal of authenticity that the King James Bible is the word of God in these last days. It is that simple.
The KJVO superiority complex is simple, so are their adherents. :rolleyes:

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
And it is foolishness like this that makes me want to see the KJV yanked off of bookshelves. Its nothing but a superiority complex that can not be proven true. :rolleyes:

If I went completely mad, and said the works of Shakespeare were full of hidden codes...
would you want to yank Shakespeare out of college libraries?

No?

You'd probably leave Shakespeare alone, and just single me out as a nut?

Yes?

Well the KJV and the works of Shakespeare are considered the two most important, beautiful, and seminal works in the English language.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater.

And I don't care what version you read... it mattereth to me nary a whit.
: )

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2016
If I went completely mad, and said the works of Shakespeare were full of hidden codes...

No?

Yes?

Well the KJV and the works of Shakespeare are considered the two most important, beautiful, and seminal works in the English language.

If the baby was spewing out what the KJVO ppl were spewing out, then yes, toss that baby out, too. ;) :eek:

Nov 24, 2017
You do know the verses and chapters were added YEARS, centuries before the KJV was ever even a thought?

Stephen Langton added chapters in the 13th century. The Wycliff bible was the first to use the chapters in their bibles.

The OT started having chapters in it in the 15th century. Verses were added in 1555 by Robert Estienne.

You guys sound just like a convo I watched on TV once betwixt Larry Hutch and Paula White. She quoted a chapter and verse and then spouted off how the bible uses chapter and verse #'s to prove a point. Larry Hutch 'amened' it. Uhhh, guys, the originals did not have chapters and verses when it was originally written.

I would call you guys kittens, but even they open their eyes after 9 days. :rolleyes:
Yes I do, and God had was in control of the whole process. The chapter and verse patterns are perfect just like the rest of the Bible.

"Jesus Christ" first appears in the 930th chapter of the Bible (the number of years the 1st man Adam lived). The last appearance of Jesus Christ is in the 1189th chapter of the Bible.

1189 - 930 = 259 (37 x 7)

Did you know that all forms of the word light (light, lightened, lighteth) occur exactly 7 x 37 times in the KJB?
(you must not count occurrences such as "light bread" in Num. 21:5 and "she lighted off" Gen. 24:64).

Dec 28, 2016

No?

Yes?

This is no joke. The other night my wife and I were watching Looney Toons on boomerang. There was a Bugs Bunny cartoon where he was in Sherwood Forest and was confronted with the sheriff of Nottingham. He was trying to fool the sheriff into believing the king was approaching from behind him. Finally, the sheriff said, "I shall probably hateth myself cometh the dawn."

And I thought of the KJVO stance. It was written in a way the ppl of that time could understand it. They spoke that way, so it was written that way. Now that we no longer speak that way, we need a bible in our vernacular, that better conveys it meanings to us.

When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.[1 Cor. 13:11]

The KJVOnlyists have yet to do this.

Nov 24, 2017
The KJVO superiority complex is simple, so are their adherents. :rolleyes:
[FONT=&quot]Demetrius hath good report of all men, and of the truth itself: yea, and we also bear record; and ye know that our record is true. (3 John 1:12)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]hath” is the 2205 (3 x 7 x 7 x 15) time this word occurs in the Bible. (case sensitive)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]good” this is the 713 time this word occurs in the Bible. (case sensitive)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]report” this is the 42[SUP]nd[/SUP] (7 x 3 x 2) time any form of the word report occurs in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]all men” this is the 73[SUP]rd[/SUP] time this phrase occurs in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]all men” (case sensitive) this is the 70[SUP]th[/SUP] (7 x 10) time this phrase occurs in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]truth” this is the 222[SUP]nd[/SUP] (37 x 3 x 2) verse that the word truth occurs in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]record” (1[SUP]st[/SUP] occurrence) this is the 28[SUP]th[/SUP] (7 x 4) time this word occurs in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]ye know” this is the 56[SUP]th[/SUP] (7 x 8) verse in the Bible that contains this phrase.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]our” this is the 875[SUP]th[/SUP] (7 x 5 x 5 x 5) verse in the Bible containing this word.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]record” (2[SUP]nd[/SUP] occurrence) this is the 42[SUP]nd[/SUP] (3 x 7 x 2) time any form of the word record occurs in the Bible and is the 37[SUP]th[/SUP] verse containing any form of the word record in the Bible. (record*)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]true” this is the 70[SUP]th[/SUP] (7 x 10) time (case sensitive) that this word occurs in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]is true” this is the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] (3 x 7) time this phrase occurs in the Bible.[/FONT]

Dec 28, 2016
Yes I do, and God had was in control of the whole process. The chapter and verse patterns are perfect just like the rest of the Bible.

"Jesus Christ" first appears in the 930th chapter of the Bible (the number of years the 1st man Adam lived). The last appearance of Jesus Christ is in the 1189th chapter of the Bible.

1189 - 930 = 259 (37 x 7)

Did you know that all forms of the word light (light, lightened, lighteth) occur exactly 7 x 37 times in the KJB?
(you must not count occurrences such as "light bread" in Num. 21:5 and "she lighted off" Gen. 24:64).
And how can you quantify the KJV is God's word? His own preserved word for English speaking folk?