The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand, Christ is the New King

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
4 Galatians:4

4 What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. 2 The heir is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. 3 So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery(A) under the elemental spiritual forces[a] of the world.(B) 4 But when the set time had fully come,(C) God sent his Son,(D) born of a woman,(E) born under the law,(F) 5 to redeem(G) those under the law, that we might receive adoption(H) to sonship.[b](I) 6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son(J) into our hearts,(K) the Spirit who calls out, “Abba,[c] Father.”(L) 7 So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.(M) End of Quote.

Christ has fulfilled the old law. The new and only commandment of Jesus is Love the lord your God and your neighbor
as yourself. Therefore we are no longer slaves but we are free. We are free to come directly to our divine Daddy in heaven.

Gal.2:20
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, it is Christ who lives in me. The live I now live in the body. I live by
faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace if God , for if righteous ness
could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing. End of quote.

For millennia the pulpit has brought rules, regulations, laws and must do. While clearly we are beholden only to our Lord
Jesus Christ. So over all those years, we have been brainwashed and brow beaten that scripture is the word of God, But
that is a fallacy, Scripture is the arrows that lead us to God. The power of the word leads us to holiness and not those who
would scorch us with the third millennium laws. People we are under no law and commandment, we are under the grace
of God alone. See the light. The Glory Of God Is In Our Hearts and not on the pulpit.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
People we are under no law and commandment, we are under the grace...
TOTALLY FALSE.

Christians are under THE LAW OF CHRIST. This is even more stringent than the Law of Moses. You are commanded to love your enemies. You are also commanded to love others as Christ loved you. Those are two very TOUGH commandments.

COMMANDMENT #1: EXTREMELY TOUGH
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. (Mt 5:43,44)

COMMANDMENT #2: EXTREMELY TOUGH
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (John 15:12)

How did Christ demonstrate His love? By giving His life on the cross while suffering as no man has suffered. And His commandment is that this the kind of love for others that He commands and demands.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
TOTALLY FALSE.

Christians are under THE LAW OF CHRIST. This is even more stringent than the Law of Moses. You are commanded to love your enemies. You are also commanded to love others as Christ loved you. Those are two very TOUGH commandments.

Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. (Mt 5:43,44)

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. (John 15:12)

How did Christ demonstrate His love? By giving His life on the cross while suffering as no man has suffered. And His commandment is that this the kind of love for others that He commands and demands.
Actually it is not as hard as you may think. When I was first saved having no one to teach me or help me I asked father what does it mean to be a Christian what does it take to be strong in faith? The first and best advice he ever gave me was seek love first and everything else will fall into place. Seek after his love seek to know it to have have to have it infused into your very soul desire to know the depths of it's vast ocean to see from loves eyes to hunger after it to thirst after it.

Father delights in his children who seek after his love like this and trust me he is not hesitent to give it you when it begins to envelope in your heart these things come almost naturally as if by instinct

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Actually it is not as hard as you may think.
My point was that Christians are indeed under the Law of Christ. And loving your enemies when they are doing everything to destroy you is not exactly easy.

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand

4 What I am saying is that as long as an heir is underage, he is no different from a slave, although he owns the whole estate. 2 The heir is subject to guardians and trustees until the time set by his father. 3 So also, when we were underage, we were in slavery(A) under the elemental spiritual forces[a] of the world.(B) 4 But when the set time had fully come,(C) God sent his Son,(D) born of a woman,(E) born under the law,(F) 5 to redeem(G) those under the law, that we might receive adoption(H) to sonship.[b](I) 6 Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son(J) into our hearts,(K) the Spirit who calls out, “Abba,[c] Father.”(L) 7 So you are no longer a slave, but God’s child; and since you are his child, God has made you also an heir.(M) End of Quote.

Christ has fulfilled the old law. The new and only commandment of Jesus is Love the lord your God and your neighbor
as yourself. Therefore we are no longer slaves but we are free. We are free to come directly to our divine Daddy in heaven.

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, it is Christ who lives in me. The live I now live in the body. I live by
faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. I do not set aside the grace if God , for if righteous ness

For millennia the pulpit has brought rules, regulations, laws and must do. While clearly we are beholden only to our Lord
Jesus Christ. So over all those years, we have been brainwashed and brow beaten that scripture is the word of God, But
that is a fallacy, Scripture is the arrows that lead us to God. The power of the word leads us to holiness and not those who
would scorch us with the third millennium laws. People we are under no law and commandment, we are under the grace
of God alone. See the light. The Glory Of God Is In Our Hearts and not on the pulpit.
I get what you mean with being empowered by grace, and free to come directly to Jesus, and that allowing us to His will.

But how is scripture not God's Word? Do you mean that it is divinely inspired, inerrant, infallible but it isn't God speaking into our hearts directly?

Also-- the 10 commandments are still the means by which we serve God in New Testament times. They aren't binding on receiving eternal life-- sure, but they are the ways, empowered by Jesus' grace that we serve Him back.

The New Testament system of churches and service through them is the means of serving Jesus.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
My point was that Christians are indeed under the Law of Christ. And loving your enemies when they are doing everything to destroy you is not exactly easy.
Yrd that is also true it is contrary to human nature after all.

Jan 12, 2019

What is the link between the title and what you wrote?

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
TOTALLY FALSE.

I said that Christ is the only commandment, agree I could have expanded that but definitely
love is our greatest commandment.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
Actually it is not as hard as you may think. When I was first saved having no one to teach me or help me I asked father what does it mean to be a Christian what does it take to be strong in faith? The first and best advice he ever gave me was seek love first and everything else will fall into place. Seek after his love seek to know it to have have to have it infused into your very soul desire to know the depths of it's vast ocean to see from loves eyes to hunger after it to thirst after it.

Father delights in his children who seek after his love like this and trust me he is not hesitent to give it you when it begins to envelope in your heart these things come almost naturally as if by instinct

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
I had written that if you read to the bottom/

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I had written that if you read to the bottom/
Are you talking to me? I saw you tried to write something but nothing showed up when you quoted me.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
What is the link between the title and what you wrote?
There is no link. But getting back to the title of this thread we must await the Second Coming of Christ to see the Kingdom of God literally established on earth, and Christ as King of kings and Lord of lords.

Relic

Apr 29, 2020
I actually illustrated that later on in the post. Maybe I wasn't clear so I don't disagree with you.