"The Kingdom" vs "The Body Of Christ"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jan 12, 2019
I have read the book only once. I plan to read it at least twice more. I do not recall any attempt to teach either dispensationalism or covenant theology when I read it. This does not seem to be the point of the book.
Yes of course, I said align only.

Many books are like that, they don’t explicitly mention those terms but when you understand these 2 perspectives, it will help you to understand the underlying framework of bible interpretation that they used.

Jan 12, 2019
I see the kingdom of heaven as exactly as said, where God, angels and redeemed saints dwell above.

And from scripture, it’s said that the kingdom of God is within us. His Voice ruling, Holy Spirit empowering.

The body of Christ is both above, and on earth. All who are in Him.
Luke 1 had Zechariah telling us what Israel was expecting from the Kingdom of heaven

67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,

69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;

70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:

71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;

72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;

73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,

74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,

75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
The Church (The Body of Christ) is not the kingdom of heaven or the kingdom of God, it is part of that kingdom, and its visible representative upon earth, and it preaches the coming of that kingdom on earth with the headquarters of the Church of Christ being in heaven, not upon earth.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
No eye has seen nor any ear has heard what our Father has awaiting us in His Kingdom.

Everyone who wishes, continue in your explanations; I will await the revelation by our Fasther.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
BUT God HAS revealed them to us through His Spirit...1Cor 2v10
My post is from the Word, albeit in my own paraphrase with understanding. Please, by all means share with all the exact description you have been given by the spirit.

I know when the Holy Spirit entered into me, everything became the brightest of light and It entered into me with the message that all is going to be just fine. No image of what our Father has awaiting me though. Please let us all know your detailed understanding of the Kingdom

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
No one said otherwise, so share please.

jb

Feb 27, 2010
No one said otherwise, so share please.
That it is a Scriptural experience for the Lord to reveal to a believer what He has for them in the Eternal Kingdom, see 2Tim 4v8, Rev 3v11 etc...

As regards what He has shown me, that is private and for me alone to know!

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
It says lots about the blood of the Lamb.

For example: On Page 325

This is again illustrated in the Last Supper. Jesus gave his disciples
a cup which represented his "blood of the covenant, which is poured
out for many" (Mark 14:24) ,47 These words take us back to the
founding of the old covenant in Exodus 24:8 and to the promise in
Jeremiah of a new covenant which God will make with his people in
the Kingdom of God, issuing in a perfected fellowship. Israel will
be regenerated, their sins forgiven, and perfect knowledge of God
effected (Jer. 31:31-34). The words of Jesus about the blood of the
covenant implicitly claim that this promise of the new covenant is
about to be fulfilled through his own death. However, this new
covenant is now established not in the eschatological Kingdom but in
history; but it nevertheless looks forward to the coming of the Kingdom.
In the varied traditiorr'" is to be found a central idea. Jesus
looked forward beyond death to the perfect fellowship of the consummated
Kingdom. "The drinking of the cup is a present participation
in that fellowship so far as it can exist here and now.":" The meal
symbolized the messianic banquet in the Kingdom of God; but it
also symbolized Jesus' death. Thus his death and the coming of the
Kingdom are somehow inseparable."
what about:

saved by grace through only

Ephesians 2:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

It doesn't mention the power of the cross.....

1 Corinthians 1:18 [Full Chapter]
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

But the most important thing is that it doesn't mention:

The Body of Christ and the people who are members; Jesus is the head.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
His view aligns with covenant theology.

So naturally dispensationalists will find it one sided
That is fine and good

But at least He should mentions that at present time we are in the period of Salvation by Grace through faith. Is this supposed to be a secret. Are we not supposed to proclaim this.

Was not the Covenant era itself a dispensation. ..
..............Did God give the Jews instructions (dispensation) on how to worship: instructions were dispensed

If People want to adhere to the covenant promises made to the Jews it is their prerogative.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
I have read the book only once. I plan to read it at least twice more. I do not recall any attempt to teach either dispensationalism or covenant theology when I read it. This does not seem to be the point of the book.

I apologize I get a little zealous sometimes. this book teaches Old Testament Covenant Theology.

Let me ask you, do you agree with what I say... and do you teach salvation by grace through faith.

S

Scribe

what about:

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

You're just being beligerent and making things up. I don't want to play with you anymore. :(

S

Scribe

I apologize I get a little zealous sometimes. this book teaches Old Testament Covenant Theology.

Let me ask you, do you agree with what I say... and do you teach salvation by grace through faith.

I don't think you have read the book. You can read about covenants in the Bible and understand what the scriptures say about them and interpret the meaning of the covenants without embracing all of the ideas under the heading of "covenant theology" Not everyone is in one category or the other and it is naive to think so.

I believe in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ and what he accomplished for us. So does George Eldon Ladd. As a matter of fact I don't know anyone who believes in salvation by earning it, by the works of the Law or any other method. Seems to be alot of people trying to preach to Jewish Pharisees today and I wish they would go over to Israel and win some, or maybe go into the Areas of New York City where the orthodox Jews are trying to earn their righteousness and preach to them. There are way too many people in the chatrooms and on forums trying to preach like Paul to Jews who were wanting to convince the gentiles that they need to observe the Law also. Most of the people on these threads already understand that we can't earn our salvation, but we have self proclaimed teachers who want to hammer that truth all day long to an audience that already understands it. Seems like they would try and find some Jews or someone to explain it to.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
You're just being beligerent and making things up. I don't want to play with you anymore. :(
"You're just being beligerent"

"Not at all." People are offended when they hear truth.

The covenant, the Law is no longer in affect.

Peter said:
Acts 3:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Paul refuted, showing Christian do not need the Covenant of the Jews.

Ephesians 2:
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision

Romans 15:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision
for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all unrighteousness

the saving grace came after the resurrection; the Perfect Sacrifice.

"and making things up" .......... which passage is made up

Did I make up the scriptures I presented. here are more:

Do you teach Kingdom covenant or do you teach being save by grace through faith only

Romans 7:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Christians are the body of Christ

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Let me apologies if I'm the one who is mistaking your intent.

but If People want to adhere to the covenant promises made to the Jews it is their prerogative.

rhern

Jan 29, 2020
I don't think you have read the book. You can read about covenants in the Bible and understand what the scriptures say about them and interpret the meaning of the covenants without embracing all of the ideas under the heading of "covenant theology" Not everyone is in one category or the other and it is naive to think so.

I believe in salvation by faith in Jesus Christ and what he accomplished for us. So does George Eldon Ladd. As a matter of fact I don't know anyone who believes in salvation by earning it, by the works of the Law or any other method. Seems to be alot of people trying to preach to Jewish Pharisees today and I wish they would go over to Israel and win some, or maybe go into the Areas of New York City where the orthodox Jews are trying to earn their righteousness and preach to them. There are way too many people in the chatrooms and on forums trying to preach like Paul to Jews who were wanting to convince the gentiles that they need to observe the Law also. Most of the people on these threads already understand that we can't earn our salvation, but we have self proclaimed teachers who want to hammer that truth all day long to an audience that already understands it. Seems like they would try and find some Jews or someone to explain it to.
I skimmed through the pages; not finding much about salvation by grace through faith.

It's true most preacher embrace these thoughts in this book.

I admit some try to mix O.T Covenants meant for the Jews with Grace; it doesn't work you can't mix the 2.

this is why we must rightly dividing the Word of Truth

2 Timothy 2:15 King James Version (KJV)
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 King James Version (KJV)

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

God Bless

S

Scribe

"You're just being beligerent"

"Not at all." People are offended when they hear truth.

The covenant, the Law is no longer in affect.

Peter said:
Acts 3:25 King James Version (KJV)
25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed.

Paul refuted, showing Christian do not need the Covenant of the Jews.

Ephesians 2:
12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision

Romans 15:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision
for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

The blood of Jesus cleanses us from all unrighteousness

the saving grace came after the resurrection; the Perfect Sacrifice.

"and making things up" .......... which passage is made up

Did I make up the scriptures I presented. here are more:

Do you teach Kingdom covenant or do you teach being save by grace through faith only

Romans 7:4 King James Version (KJV)
4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Christians are the body of Christ

Romans 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.

4 For as we have many members in one body, and all members have not the same office:

5 So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

Let me apologies if I'm the one who is mistaking your intent.

but If People want to adhere to the covenant promises made to the Jews it is their prerogative.
My intent was to suggest a really good book about the subject on The Kingdom of God. Especially since the bible says so much about it, to understand it requires reading all the scriptures on the subject.

As to the Body of Christ being the Kingdom of God, this is true and yet those who have been saved by faith before the Cross and the birth of the church are also part of the Kingdom of God.

It is also true that we enter into it now, by faith and also there is more to come in the future as to the inheritance and rewards stored up for us, as well as a fulfillment of a 1000 year reign on earth with Christ and after that a New Heaven and a New Earth.

The Bible says a lot about the Kingdom of God and many have taught different things about it because of isolating select scriptures about the Kingdom of God/Heave without reconciling other scriptures about the Kingdom of God / Heaven has caused confusion in peoples minds as to what the Bible teaches. Therefore reading a book like this one will answer many questions that people have on the topic and enable them to explain it to others who will ask them about it. It is not a strange teaching, it is just plain solid hermeneutics. You won't get "tainted" LOL don't be scared.

The Church and it's place in the Kingdom of God in the right now is definitely discussed. The right now aspects of the Kingdom, Rule and reign of the King Jesus Christ is a major part of the discussion.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Matthew 4:17 (KJV)

17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

1 Corinthians 12:27 (KJV)

27 Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
The kingdom of God refers to the body of Christ as noted by Jesus, the kingdom of heaven refers to the place where God dwells, and all true believers will one day be.