The Last Normal School Year

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Screenshot_20210928-082910_Facebook.jpg

It is a shame we are putting our children through this physical and psychological abuse. Forcing them to wear masks that are useless. Forcing them to distance from each other. Treating kids like they have the plague when they are evident to be the least affected by Covid-19. Teachers and staff have had the option to get vaccinated or not. Return to normal already. Stop abusing the children. There should not be a last normal school year. Public schools are looking like prisons.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Still normal for us over here as we've always homeschooled.

Icedaisey

Jul 19, 2021
Is there a source for the table in the OP?
View attachment 231455

It is a shame we are putting our children through this physical and psychological abuse. Forcing them to wear masks that are useless. Forcing them to distance from each other. Treating kids like they have the plague when they are evident to be the least affected by Covid-19. Teachers and staff have had the option to get vaccinated or not. Return to normal already. Stop abusing the children. There should not be a last normal school year. Public schools are looking like prisons.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
a lot of schools are already prisons have you seen the fences and gates on some of them?
But only if they are boarding schools.

Be thankful if your child is at a day school because at least you can keep an eye on them at home, but in a boarding school situation with hundreds of students, a virus can quickly spread.

JTB

Aug 31, 2021
a lot of schools are already prisons have you seen the fences and gates on some of them?
But only if they are boarding schools.

Be thankful if your child is at a day school because at least you can keep an eye on them at home, but in a boarding school situation with hundreds of students, a virus can quickly spread.
Fences and gates at prisons are meant to keep the bad guys in.

Fences and gates at schools are meant to keep the bad guys out.

But that kind of conflation happens when one's understanding leans on only one side.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Fences and gates at prisons are meant to keep the bad guys in.

Fences and gates at schools are meant to keep the bad guys out.

But that kind of conflation happens when one's understanding leans on only one side.
haha well that depends on what kind of school it is..
Youve obviously never heard of schools for naughty children...

retirement villages are also gated communities but you could argue half the people may have dementia so its just as much for their safety as everyone elses.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
View attachment 231455

Education is controlled by the world system. It is not godly. Be surprised when they get it right, not when it goes wrong.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
a lot of schools esp primary dont enforce mask wearing as its not practical to teach wearing a mask...children cant see what you are saying.
Depending on how big the school is, Principals may designate a class as a 'bubble' or the entire school as a bubble.

FOr the most part, peoples health and safety overrides education....and it is an education living theough an emergency situation or health crisis pandemic anyway, so its not as if people arent learning anything from it. Most ministries have distributed learning packs so that children have the materials to learn at home.

these include excercise books. stationary, reading material, paper.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
There is also school on tv and radio programs and online...
If youve always learned through correspondence its not really any different.

for young. children, parents just need to step up and explain things more, read with or to their children, get them to perfom simple tasks, like help with tidying up, cooking, making pictures, playing card games, practise writing etc.

Also get them to exercise by creating fun games to play. Hopscotch, skipping, flying paper darts or a ball...anything. Use your imagination.

if you have books at home then uninterrupted reading time is a real bonus.

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
View attachment 231455

Do you work or volunteer in the schools? Do you have school age children?

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
There was no issues with precautions in our local schools. Children are very creative and supportive. Tends to be the adults who complain

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
There was no issues with precautions in our local schools. Children are very creative and supportive. Tends to be the adults who complain
I'm with them everyday and we're handling it pretty well. We want to be at school, we want to see our friends etc. I think that the adults and the kids are doing pretty great considering what we need to do. We're all happy being back together. I was never out of teaching except two weeks last year when we had to set up new programs. I taught every day. We'll get through this.

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
I'm with them everyday and we're handling it pretty well. We want to be at school, we want to see our friends etc. I think that the adults and the kids are doing pretty great considering what we need to do. We're all happy being back together. I was never out of teaching except two weeks last year when we had to set up new programs. I taught every day. We'll get through this.
I agree. Kids are fantastic:}

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Do you work or volunteer in the schools? Do you have sschool-agechildren?
I have five kids. I took three out to be homeschooled mask-free last year and took two out this year mask-free and socially communicate as they want. We saw how ridiculous and anti-science the school was acting, including allowing exposed kids back into the system as long as they were not symptomatic, which makes no sense if you are going to push that policy anyways.

I'm a tax-paying citizen, so my money pays the teacher's paychecks and public school funding. If I had the choice, I would fund school choice options like private, charter, or homeschool programs.

As a tax-paying citizen, I want to see kids back to normal. No masks, no social distancing, and back to the ways of if you are sick, stay home. If not, then continue as usual.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
a lot of parents wont let their children wont go back under restrictions and wait till the virus is contained and under control before sending them to school,

And thats their right to keep them at home if its risky.
Children dont want to go to school sick anyway and many would relish their free time at home. During cold and flu season, a snow day or oppotunity to stay home is relished.

I agree that some parents are way too complaining. What you DONT want to look after your own children? why? School isnt like a babysitter for you. I know they might drive you nuts, but dont you think (sick) children can drive teachers nuts too?!

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
School hasn't been normal since 1837.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
thankfully nobodies vomitted in my school library (yet) but we do have nit outbreaks from time to time.
They are the worst.

when you hear children coughing and wheezing, you just know you'll eventually come down with it too. If the teachers get sick, they need to get a reliever in. I know SOME teachers would go to achool and teach on pain relievers and codral, but that is not ideal. They should be home in bed resting and not spreading germs. Teachers get sick leave, they should use it and not go to school sick.

sometimes its hard enough teaching normally but when you are sick its impossible. Teachers are not superhuman people who never get sick you know.

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
I have five kids. I took three out to be homeschooled mask-free last year and took two out this year mask-free and socially communicate as they want. We saw how ridiculous and anti-science the school was acting, including allowing exposed kids back into the system as long as they were not symptomatic, which makes no sense if you are going to push that policy anyways.

I'm a tax-paying citizen, so my money pays the teacher's paychecks and public school funding. If I had the choice, I would fund school choice options like private, charter, or homeschool programs.

As a tax-paying citizen, I want to see kids back to normal. No masks, no social distancing, and back to the ways of if you are sick, stay home. If not, then continue as usual.
With 700k dead idk if mask free is ok.
I find that on health and environment, younger people are progressive.
The adults are the issue cause and hindrance

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
I think that if you want to homeschool your kids, thats great. I have always offered my free tutoring assistance to any family, whether enrolled in school or home. All that matters to me is that every adult does their best to give each child a quality education and enough socializing to build friendships but also add some cool outdoor activities. I have been in the schools for over 15 years and I always feel horrible when a kid comes to school sick, pale, coughing etc. We don't want them to go home because they miss so much, but we can't have them sick at school either. I'm not sure what the solution is as far as masks etc in schools. I feel like a nag when I ask kids to please wear their masks, but, I think there have been a lot less colds spread. I haven't had one in almost 3 years. I usually go home with something crispy on me from a kids sneeze so as far as germs, i think we have less flying around the classroom. Unless you faithfully teach from the heart, I don't think you can understand what a hard job it is. It's amazing to work with those little people and I'm glad they can count on me.