There is sin in you. We've seen it here on the forum.Is there sin "in Christ" ?
There is sin in you. We've seen it here on the forum.Is there sin "in Christ" ?
You didn't answer my question.There is sin in you. We've seen it here on the forum.
Your question is a red herring. Stop changing the subject.You didn't answer my question.
Is there sin "in Christ" ?
I fear for you Gideon.
As there is no sin in Christ, there can be no sin in those "in Christ".Your question is a red herring. Stop changing the subject.
This post is the most unbiased and inclusive application I've ever read on this topic. You've embraced "both sides" of what has wrongly become a point of contention amongst believers.THE LAW OF CHRIST
"The law of Christ” is not presented in Scripture as a replacement law with a new numbered code. It refers to living according to all Christ commanded.
There is a lot of confusion about the expression “the law of Christ.” So let us keep this simple and look at what Scripture actually says.
The exact expression “law of Christ” appears only once in the New Testament:
“Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ.” (Galatians 6:2)
James uses another similar expression to “law of Christ.” He speaks instead of the “royal law”:
“If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself,’ you do well.” (James 2:8)
James then immediately speaks about the commandments against adultery and murder. He does not say that the Ten Commandments were replaced.
So what does “the law of Christ” actually mean?
The answer is found by looking at Christ Himself. Jesus gave His followers commandments and told them to keep them:
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.” (John 14:15)
“He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.” (John 14:21)
Jesus commanded us to love God, love our neighbor, love our enemies, forgive, show mercy, do good, remain faithful, and do the will of the Father. He also directed the man who asked about eternal life to the commandments:
“If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.” (Matthew 19:17)
Therefore, if someone says, “I follow the law of Christ,” the biblical meaning is simply this:
I follow what Christ commanded me to keep.
That includes all the commandments Christ gave His disciples. It does not mean that Christ created a replacement law that cancels the Ten Commandments.
In fact, Jesus said:
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill.” (Matthew 5:17)
“If you love Me, keep My commandments.” (John 14:15)
So the phrase “law of Christ” should never be used as a vague excuse to throw away God's commandments. If we want to know what the law of Christ is, we should simply ask: What did Christ command us to do?
His commandments are all things He gave us to keep.
Non sequitur.As there is no sin in Christ, there can be no sin in those "in Christ".
Don't bother. I've been born again for 54 years, I know Jesus, I know God and I am filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus is my Lord and Saviour. I know God's word. I confess with my mouth that Jesus is Lord and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead. That is good enough for God. If it's not good enough for you, take it up with God. Don't pray for me, please. I have good reason to say that.
Thank you for these kind words and on this, Welcome to this forum as a new member I hope we can chat some more in a near future.This post is the most unbiased and inclusive application I've ever read on this topic. You've embraced "both sides" of what has wrongly become a point of contention amongst believers.
It is astounding how much ill-response was generated by this non-dogmatic, fair perspective on Scripture, because it read like you were trying not to make just another "pro or con" doctrinal viewpoint.
it is rare to read on a controversial topic where the conflict doesn't exist... Well written and presented.
Judging someone else's heart is a dangerous game. It's also sinful. You're playing the role of God which does not belong to you.you displayed your profession of faith the usual one learned in school when we are young, but Gideon you are lacking, missing a core element and don't even see it , You are not the only one in this situation. Jesus is warning that a verbal profession of faith is not proof of a true relationship with Him. Some people will say, “Lord, Lord,” and even point to religious works they performed, but Jesus will say, “I never knew you,” because they continued in “lawlessness”—living in rebellion rather than submitting to Him.
I dont rebel you say? here is what you wtote and its the proof of it from Post # 89 of this thread:
"You are right, Jesus was a legalist. He preached under the Old Covenant. He told the lepers to visit the priest to show themselves clean. He warned some to ensure that they observed the Sabbath. He also made it clear that outward observance of rules was insufficient. What you refuse to accept is that Lord Jesus introduced the New Covenant the night that He was betrayed."
Doing God’s will means responding to Jesus with obedient faith. Jesus said:
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” —John 14:15
“You are my friends if you do what I command you.” —John 15:14
“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?” —Luke 6:46
“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples.” —John 8:31
you claim to know God's words but you do not see Jesus IS GOD and doing HIS will is essential?
you do not see Jesus spent most of his Ministry teaching the proper application of ALL ten Commandments that are the covenant and said clearly that to enter into life to keep the commandments and them he mentioned them by name? Yes Gideon keeping the ten commandments is essential to enter heaven.
You do not see that jeremiah did prophecy about the New Covenant ( THE TEN COMMANDMENTS declared by GOD) the the new covenant is defines as;
"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." (Jeremiah 31:33-34)
since you reject God's commandments how can you say you are under the new covenant and saved since it is a requisite to enter into heaven as Jesus said clearly? You can continue to sin because you are flesh? yes you said this also as a reply to someone else...
well Gideon you do not want my help, so be it, I let will you go as Jesus instructs his disciples to do:
“And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.”
Following Christ is not an easy path and Jesus was clear few will make it.
You have no idea. I do not need to be put back under the law that killed me in the first place. You are most welcome to put yourself back under the law. I can't stop you. However, I would refer you once again to Acts 15, Colossians 2 and most of Galatians.you displayed your profession of faith the usual one learned in school when we are young, but Gideon you are lacking, missing a core element and don't even see it , You are not the only one in this situation. Jesus is warning that a verbal profession of faith is not proof of a true relationship with Him. Some people will say, “Lord, Lord,” and even point to religious works they performed, but Jesus will say, “I never knew you,” because they continued in “lawlessness”—living in rebellion rather than submitting to Him.
I dont rebel you say? here is what you wtote and its the proof of it from Post # 89 of this thread:
"You are right, Jesus was a legalist. He preached under the Old Covenant. He told the lepers to visit the priest to show themselves clean. He warned some to ensure that they observed the Sabbath. He also made it clear that outward observance of rules was insufficient. What you refuse to accept is that Lord Jesus introduced the New Covenant the night that He was betrayed."
Doing God’s will means responding to Jesus with obedient faith. Jesus said:
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” —John 14:15
“You are my friends if you do what I command you.” —John 15:14
“Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?” —Luke 6:46
“If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples.” —John 8:31
you claim to know God's words but you do not see Jesus IS GOD and doing HIS will is essential?
you do not see Jesus spent most of his Ministry teaching the proper application of ALL ten Commandments that are the covenant and said clearly that to enter into life to keep the commandments and them he mentioned them by name? Yes Gideon keeping the ten commandments is essential to enter heaven.
You do not see that jeremiah did prophecy about the New Covenant ( THE TEN COMMANDMENTS declared by GOD) the the new covenant is defines as;
"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more." (Jeremiah 31:33-34)
since you reject God's commandments how can you say you are under the new covenant and saved since it is a requisite to enter into heaven as Jesus said clearly? You can continue to sin because you are flesh? yes you said this also as a reply to someone else...
well Gideon you do not want my help, so be it, I let will you go as Jesus instructs his disciples to do:
“And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.”
Following Christ is not an easy path and Jesus was clear few will make it.
Those saying they are in Christ, but still sinning, cannot be in Christ.Non sequitur.
Non sequitur.Those saying they are in Christ, but still sinning, cannot be in Christ.
For some reason people think they still can sin, Jesus after a healing always said "go and sin no more"! so many reject His words.Those saying they are in Christ, but still sinning, cannot be in Christ.
Those who are in Christ don't willingly sin. But they do sin. I'm in Christ and find my mind will say things that I don't physically say but in my heart it was and that is sin. Do I repent of it? Of course. But it does happen and it's a daily cross I bear.For some reason people think they still can sin, Jesus after a healing always said "go and sin no more"! so many reject His words.
I hear you.For some reason people think they still can sin, Jesus, after a healing, always said "go and sin no more"! so many reject His words.
I can't agree.Those who are in Christ don't willingly sin. But they do sin.
Please, don't confuse temptation with sin.I'm in Christ and find my mind will say things that I don't physically say but in my heart it was and that is sin. Do I repent of it? Of course. But it does happen and it's a daily cross I bear.
If I call someone a name or ridicule them in my heart then yes, according to Jesus I have already sinned. I was tempted by the attitude of the individual and I sinned by thinking wrongly in my mind and heart. I'm not confusing anything. “Already sinned in your heart” means the inward desire itself is sin, even before any outward act, because Jesus targets the heart as the source of all evil actions. In Matthew 5:28 He shows that lust is not a harmless thought but the same heart‑level rebellion that produces adultery, and in Matthew 15:19 He explains that the heart manufactures the sins that later appear in behavior. The point isn’t that the inward equals the outward in consequences, but that both are real sin because both come from the same corrupted root. Scripture keeps the categories distinct—James 1:14–15 shows desire conceiving sin, while outward acts carry separate and often greater consequences—yet Jesus refuses the Pharisee logic that says “I’m clean because I didn’t do the act.” Heart‑sin exposes the real battlefield: the inner motive that must be confessed and cleansed, not just the external behavior.I can't agree.
How can there be sin "in Christ" ?
Please, don't confuse temptation with sin.
I agree.If I call someone a name or ridicule them in my heart then yes, according to Jesus I have already sinned.
Then you gave into that temptation to think wrongly of others.I was tempted by the attitude of the individual and I sinned by thinking wrongly in my mind and heart. I'm not confusing anything.
Aren't you glad those reborn of God's seed have crucified the flesh, with the affections and lusts ?“Already sinned in your heart” means the inward desire itself is sin, even before any outward act, because Jesus targets the heart as the source of all evil actions. In Matthew 5:28 He shows that lust is not a harmless thought but the same heart‑level rebellion that produces adultery, and in Matthew 15:19 He explains that the heart manufactures the sins that later appear in behavior. The point isn’t that the inward equals the outward in consequences, but that both are real sin because both come from the same corrupted root. Scripture keeps the categories distinct—James 1:14–15 shows desire conceiving sin, while outward acts carry separate and often greater consequences—yet Jesus refuses the Pharisee logic that says “I’m clean because I didn’t do the act.” Heart‑sin exposes the real battlefield: the inner motive that must be confessed and cleansed, not just the external behavior.