That was the Holy Ghost that dwelled within Jesus speaking through Jesus.What about when Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the light, no one gets to the father but by me"?
I get high from defeating the children of the devil
in spiritual battle..
I am famous in heaven among the angels of God.
Time again for your evening meds.I get high from defeating the children of the devil
in spiritual battle..
I am famous in heaven among the angels of God.
I am also famous down here among the devil and the angels of the devil
and the evil spirits.
I have defeated them many times in battle.
They hate me without measure.
I am also famous down here among the devil and the angels of the devil
and the evil spirits.
I have defeated them many times in battle.
They hate me without measure.
Believe me, Elin, I'm not defending this guy. Again, I've dealt with him before on another forum where he and I butted heads several different times under several of his different usernames (IOW, he kept getting banned and then coming back under another username) and I've been warning everybody here about this guy for the last couple of days. That being said, although Jesus is the only way to God, we do need the Holy Spirit's assistance in order to be drawn unto Christ and in order to recognize Him as Lord. That is all that I was saying. Thanks.He clearly denies Jesus as the way to God.
Jesus is just one of several teachers enjoying equal footing.
...especially since all of those devils/demons ARE INSIDE OF HIM.Well I love you man, it must get hard battling all these devils alone sometimes.
"Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble." (I Peter 5:5)I get high from defeating the children of the devil
in spiritual battle..
I am famous in heaven among the angels of God.
I agree, but the believer is also constantly warned in THE HOLY SPIRIT INSPIRED WORD OF GOD to not fall prey to "seducing spirits and doctrines of devils", "deceivers", "false teachers", "false apostles", "wolves in sheep's clothing", etc., etc., etc. Again, why all of the warnings? They're not just "filler" in our Bibles, you know (apparently, you don't). I mean, for crying out loud, we need not look any further for any of the aforementioned THAN RIGHT HERE ON THIS THREAD and our mutual acquaintance "JackHammer". Don't you believe that he is here to deceive? That's exactly why he's here...and people such as these oftentimes walk off with a prey.The believer is guided by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.
Do you want to discuss Galatians chapter 5 which you've selectively cited?Viligant_Warrior said:The believer is not bound by the Old Testament Law or the rules of legalists, including those who would claim that we must generate righteousness ourselves (Gal. 5:1, 25). Liberty in Christ is not an excuse for sin (Rom. 13:13-14; 6:1-13; Gal. 5:13), but God’s grace teaches us that we should deny ungodliness and worldly desires and should live sensible, righteous, and godly lives for the sake of Christ, not our salvation(Titus 2:11-13).
Do you know what frightens me?Viligant_Warrior said:Saved people should live in such a way that they do not bring a reproach to the name of Christ. Separation from religious apostasy (of which you and others who claim salvation can be lost are guilty), compromise, sinful and worldly practices, and unscriptural associations is clearly commanded in God's Word (2 Tim. 3:1-5; 1 John 2:15-17; 2 John 9-11; 2 Cor. 6:14-7:1). If a person is truly saved, he not only should, but will, manifest a life of constant obedience to the Word of God (1 John 2:3-5), a fervent love for other believers (1 John 3:14-19; 4:7, 20) and a daily walk that is characterized by righteousness and Christlikeness (Gal. 5:22-23; 1 John 2:29; 3:10).
I'm not sure what type of "fear" you're referring to, but, as we just read, CHRISTIANS OUGHT TO "BE NOT HIGHMINDED (like you presently are), BUT TO FEAR" and CHRISTIANS are clearly instructed to maintain a healthy "fear of the Lord" which has to do with a lot more than just "respect" or "reverence". In fact, I posted the following in relation to the same just yesterday:Viligant_Warrior said:Author Brennan Manning, whose best known work is The Ragamuffin Gospel, said , "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable." Christians must live in Christlikeness, but not out of fear of losing something they had nothing to do with gaining in the first place. We do it because we love Christ, it benefits our faith, and it draws others near to Him.
The biggest difference in you and me is I don’t live in fear. You do. And if you say you don’t, then you have just denied this false gospel you preach.
I understood that is what you were saying.Believe me, Elin, I'm not defending this guy. Again, I've dealt with him before on another forum where he and I butted heads several different times under several of his different usernames (IOW, he kept getting banned and then coming back under another username) and I've been warning everybody here about this guy for the last couple of days. That being said, although Jesus is the only way to God, we do need the Holy Spirit's assistance in order to be drawn unto Christ and in order to recognize Him as Lord. That is all that I was saying. Thanks.
He doesn't like to give straight answers because he gets creamed every time that he does and it becomes rather apparent exactly what type of "spirit" is truly inspiring him. Anyhow, as I suggested to everybody yesterday on one of these threads, let's not miss this golden opportunity to pray for this man because he is desperately in need of the same.I understood that is what you were saying.
But I don't think that is what he is saying.
If asked directly, he would deny Jesus as the only way to, and the only source of truth and life in, God,
and would affirm other "teachers" who are just as much the way to, and the source of truth and life in, God as Jesus is (that's assuming he would give you a straight answer to the question).
Deal with this:
Romans 3, NASB
9 What then? Are we better than they? Not at all; for we have already charged that both Jews and Greeks are all under sin;
10 as it is written, "THERE IS NONE RIGHTEOUS, NOT EVEN ONE;
11 THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;
12 ALL HAVE TURNED ASIDE, TOGETHER THEY HAVE BECOME USELESS; THERE IS NONE WHO DOES GOOD, THERE IS NOT EVEN ONE."
13 "THEIR THROAT IS AN OPEN GRAVE, WITH THEIR TONGUES THEY KEEP DECEIVING," "THE POISON OF ASPS IS UNDER THEIR LIPS";
14 "WHOSE MOUTH IS FULL OF CURSING AND BITTERNESS";
15 "THEIR FEET ARE SWIFT TO SHED BLOOD,
16 DESTRUCTION AND MISERY ARE IN THEIR PATHS,
17 AND THE PATH OF PEACE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN."
Don't try to explain that this is only the lost of which Paul quotes the Psalmist and Isaiah. This is all mankind. We have no righteousness of our own in Christ, but it is His righteousness that God sees when He looks upon us in the church. No one is sinless.
No one is righteous in his own right. Only by the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection are we made righteous and given eternal life. We do nothing to achieve salvation, we do nothing to "maintain" salvation, we cannot lose salvation. Keeping us in Him is all and entirely the work of Christ.
Is this a question....I'm not sure
Physician, heal thyself.
Is Jesus divine, one of the three persons of the one God?
Did Jesus' sacrificial death propitiate for the sin of those who believe in him?
Does faith in Jesus' propitiation give one a guiltless, rightwise standing before God?
Does the obedience of faith by the power of Holy Spirit sanctify and transform one into the image of Christ?
Does God forgive the confessed sin of the born again, his children?
Does seeking righteousness according to the law condemn or make righteous?
Give an account of thyself.
Where do you get that Moses gave the Old Covenant?
Exo 24:3 And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do.
God gave the Old Covenant...
Exo 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
Exo 19:3 And Moses went up unto God, and the LORD called unto him out of the mountain, saying, Thus shalt thou say to the house of Jacob, and tell the children of Israel;
Exo 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.
Exo 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
Exo 19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
Moses was just the transcriptionist here.
What about when Jesus said "I am the way the truth and the light, no one gets to the father but by me"?