The Law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
and that is why it is the narrow path.

it is really hard for so many to 100% ,with no doubt, trust Jesus for salvation, and not interject self....

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
Do you really believe that some are naturally privy to the laws of God and some are without? Or do we all have access to God?

not all are taught the same or led the same.

we may not know why any particular person thinks the way they do

and yet the more one seeks Truth (Christ - "I am the way, the Truth, and the light)

the less one might be 'in darkness' of understanding on anything

and confusion and/or total blindness even caused by:

1) false teachings/dogmas, doctrines of men/women,

2) lack of chldlike-ness (Matthew 18:3),

3) level of understanding (milk, herbs, meat, ect.),

4) lack of wanting to know and/or/not knowing about -
- ability of/possibilities of learning more --

of levels of understanding, lack of curiosity (child-like-ness),

5) and/or close-minded-ness (non-childlike-ness [childlike = open-minded, innocent, following Truth,

learning from Truth/learning more and more truth/ becoming more and more True]).

... For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
(Rom 2:14-15)

The born again Christian has his heart renewed which includes the new nature (God's nature), but even at that fails at keeping the law. Rom 7:7-23

E

eternally-gratefull

it is really hard for so many to 100% ,with no doubt, trust Jesus for salvation, and not interject self....
It is satans biggest lie. And the biggest stuggle for our flesh

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
I've never said God favors the Israelites with His word, or that we are excluded?
If God spoke to Israel, and what he told them was not for the gentiles as well as for Israel, wouldn't that be favoritism? God gave the new covenant to Israel. yet it was not for Israel only. God is eternal, never changing. If something is true in one age, it is true in all ages.

2ndTimothyGroup

Feb 20, 2021
If God spoke to Israel, and what he told them was not for the gentiles as well as for Israel, wouldn't that be favoritism? God gave the new covenant to Israel. yet it was not for Israel only. God is eternal, never changing. If something is true in one age, it is true in all ages.
Let's take it a step further and say that not only is Circumcision of the Heart available to Jews and Gentiles, but also to those of the Seven Nations. All three groups were available to the Grace of God.

Matthew 15:22-28 KJV - "And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, [thou] Son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil. But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us. But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me. But he answered and said, It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs. And she said, Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table. 28 Then Jesus answered and said unto her, O woman, great is thy faith: be it unto thee even as thou wilt. And her daughter was made whole from that very hour."

I admit that the above text does not prove that this woman was an actual Canaanite, but the fact that Jesus refers to her as a "dog" Truly makes sense that she would be. Of course, those of the Seven Nations were called to be completely wiped clean of the earth.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
Try reading my post again, you know, the bit where I say we do not have a license to sin. I am not saying that it is ok to sin. What I am saying is that the Law is powerless to overcome the sinful nature of man. Read Romans 7. Paul, the apostle best qualified to know the law, explains the dilemma. There are over 600 commandments. Not all pertain to men, not all are even possible to keep these days. So which commandments do you keep and which are no longer relevant? Even if you select the right commandments, how do you keep them all? If you live by the law, you will die by it because no one can keep it apart from Lord Jesus. And that is the secret. All who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. It does not say, all who are led by the law are sons of God.

There are many unbelievers who live quite good lives and who are noble in character. They are just as much dead to God as the career criminal. The Law has a divine purpose - to bring us to Christ. Once it has done its job, it becomes redundant. We now have the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ.

A bird flies because it is a bird, not because it reads a book on the principles of flight and tries to put them into practice. Christians are Christians because they have the nature of Christ, not because we've read the Bible cover to cover and all of the books by CS Lewis. When Christians wake up to this reality, they are released from legalism. One of the signs of a genuine conversion experience is that the individual hates sin. The question is how to overcome sin. Studying the law does not help. Walking in the Spirit is the way to overcome.
There are atheist who study the law and go by God's laws because they know they work for having a good life. God wants the good life for His people, also. We know the truth, that our life here is temporary, we live for our eternal life. For us, faith comes first, we are led to following law by the Lord within, our faith in God is not only His ability to save but His ability to guide us in our daily lives.

Our living eternally through faith should not keep us from following law, for God within is law keeping. Christ obeyed perfectly. Why should we deny ourselves the wonderful guidance we are given through scripture telling us of God's law?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
With respect, Your generalising. If I receive a letter in the post . It could be for me ,my wife ,or my Children. I don't assume every letter is to me. A little simple detective work and I'm able to check who its written too . Usually we check the front of the envelope . After this we can usually remove all doubt once we open the letter and read it . The bible is 66 books written by 40 Authors over 1500 years. We do well to notice who it's written to , When , why , what and where .Assuming that every verse directly TO us is narcissistic in the extreme . For us ? of course . We need to know it and understand. Does it / can it apply in some way ? Of course .

oyster67

May 24, 2014
God put an end to the Law of Moses to prove that Salvation would come by His Promise and not by human works.
Yes, and it has been kept in our Bibles so that we might see our own helplessness and need for a Savior. It is such a blessing to see how all the things that OT pointed to and prophecied about have come to pass. All the OT and NT, taken together, point to Jesus!

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

Trusting Jesus for salvation and not ourselves is a matter of simply understanding God created us, God controls our world, God is GOD.

The problem is where the law fits in with this. Demons want us to think we are not following God when we follow His Holy law, but making ourselves great with our own power. That thought comes from demons, not God. It is demons trying to get people to follow them instead of God. Listening to God's law is following God, not self.

“Not that we are adequate in ourselves to consider anything as coming from ourselves, but our adequacy is from God,” (2 Corinthians 3:5 NASB)

Blik

Dec 6, 2016
With respect, Your generalising. If I receive a letter in the post . It could be for me ,my wife ,or my Children. I don't assume every letter is to me. A little simple detective work and I'm able to check who its written too . Usually we check the front of the envelope . After this we can usually remove all doubt once we open the letter and read it . The bible is 66 books written by 40 Authors over 1500 years. We do well to notice who it's written to , When , why , what and where .Assuming that every verse directly TO us is narcissistic in the extreme . For us ? of course . We need to know it and understand. Does it / can it apply in some way ? Of course .
But God is God, not man. God speaks with only eternal truth. We need to keep in mind the characteristics of the writer of these letters. It is written by the creator of all humanity and all the earth. It is written to a people God created because most nations worshiped idols and so were dead in their sins. These people were created to keep knowledge of God alive in the world, they were to lead the idol worshipers to Him.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
But God is God, not man. God speaks with only eternal truth. We need to keep in mind the characteristics of the writer of these letters. It is written by the creator of all humanity and all the earth. It is written to a people God created because most nations worshiped idols and so were dead in their sins. These people were created to keep knowledge of God alive in the world, they were to lead the idol worshipers to Him.
My point is about 'generalising ' . I'm not questioning the Author . Because its from God, we better understand it properly. I'm literally taking it back to absolute basics . Reading comprehension basically .

loveme1

Oct 30, 2011
Those that Love Him.. Keep His Commandments.

^True because He taught us this Himself. End of.

The New Covenant is for all that Believe on Him.

One Commandment will cause division.. the Sabbath. The rest most identify with out of Love..

All the Commandments are of Love for GOD and each other.

What did the lord teach? Seek the answer where it is found.

If I set my heart, mind and all on the Lord..

It is Faith, it is Believing on Him.

We are taught why the Old corrupt must die.. and the New.. the circumcision of our heart must live.

We do die the serpent deceived..

but our Holy Lamb’s Blood paid the wage of sin..

We are not perfect.. the Lord is.

Please don’t use any of the scriptures to teach against the Lord’s Testament!

My House is on His foundation…

Those that Love Him Keep His Commandments.

I will knock and wait to be invited in by the Good Shepherd.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Let's take it a step further and say that not only is Circumcision of the Heart available to Jews and Gentiles, but also to those of the Seven Nations.
Just out of curiosity, if the people of the Seven Nations are not Gentiles, then what are they?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
It still condemns you where you stand. That was its purpose. So no one could be puffed up telling everyone how righteous they are
therefore with it in our hearts we are eternally humble & grateful before Him, rejoicing in a righteousness that is not through it, merely a shadow of Him, but a righteousness through Him Himself living in our hearts in substance :)

Jackson123

Feb 6, 2014
God put an end to the Law of Moses to prove that Salvation would come by His Promise and not by human works.
1. Moses never create law, so law of Moses is only nick name of the law of God.

2. Yes after cross salvation by grace, but trough faith. Now we have to have a faith to accept the grace.
Paul give example what happen to Noah to explain how to get he grace

Heb 11:7
By faith Noah, when warned about things not yet seen, in holy fear built an ark to save his family. By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.

Salvation by grace through faith

In Noah case
Grace = information about : God will float the earth
Faith = He believe and build an arch

It is grace that save Noah, but it didn't mean he not work et all
His faith create thousand hour of work to build an arch

Save by grace not always mean not involve work

In our case
Grace = Jesus willing die on the cross to by our pardon
Faith = we have to trust Him to the point to love Him. And love Jesus mean love other.

1 john4:20

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar; for he that loveth not his brother whom he has seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

You can't say have a faith in Jesus but hate jesus
Faith=love jesus

You can say love Jesus but hate other

Love other may create a lot of work, feed the hungry, help elderly etc. Jesus love other by sacrifice Himself on the cross, the only way we able to be like Him is if He in us and we in Him.
We not able to produce that kind of love of ourselves.

So salvation by grace doesn't mean guaranty not involve work, and professional killer don't need repent.

Salvation by grace but need love Jesus and invite Jesus into our heart
Then Jesus work on us to make us to be like Jesus, loving other and not selfish, like Him. We may not reach that level, die for other, but at least when we let Jesus come to our heart, we start go to that direction.

Once again salvation not by work, but faith, but real faith produce good fruits.

Ogom

Aug 22, 2020
ogom.co
There are atheist who study the law and go by God's laws because they know they work for having a good life. God wants the good life for His people, also.

Psalm 111:7
The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.

... we are led to following law by the Lord within ...

22 Flee... and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

for God within is law keeping. Christ obeyed perfectly.

30The mouths of the righteous utter wisdom,
and their tongues speak what is just.

31The law of their God is in their hearts;
their feet do not slip.