THE LIE IN LORDSHIP SALVATION THEORY

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
once again, this is not true

you do not understand anything apart from your own ideas about it and those ideas are wrong

a Calvinist, as has been proven mulitple times by even Calvinists on this site, believe they are saved, expect to stay saved and believe God keeps them

and you are supplying wrong answers to people. they need to back up and read what has been written by actual Calvinists and that includes sites run by Calvinists
Are you a Calvinist ? Arminian ?

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
@SoulWeaver

I think also if we look at the Canons of Dort we can see why @throughfaith is making this assertion.

Assurance of their eternal and unchangeable election to salvation is given to the chosen in due time, though by various stages and in differing measure. Such assurance comes not by inquisitive searching into the hidden and deep things of God, but by noticing within themselves, with spiritual joy and holy delight, the unmistakable fruits of election pointed out in God’s Word—such as a true faith in Christ, a childlike fear of God, a godly sorrow for their sins, a hunger and thirst for righteousness, and so on.

https://www.crcna.org/welcome/beliefs/confessions/canons-dort
This is Reformed Theology
........the difficulty is they will turn around and also state it is all God's work as well.

In essence assurance is placed on a very unbalanced ground.

"Looking to oneself" for evidence/assurance is very prevalent in many teachers who lean towards Calvinism or who are Five Point Calvinists.
Thankyou. Amen

E

eternally-gratefull

you do not understand anything apart from your own ideas about it and those ideas are wrong

a Calvinist, as has been proven mulitple times by even Calvinists on this site, believe they are saved, expect to stay saved and believe God keeps them

and you are supplying wrong answers to people. they need to back up and read what has been written by actual Calvinists and that includes sites run by Calvinists
Some people I think just have this thought that they know others better than they know themselves. I guess it is a God like property that they can read minds of the one they are accusing of certain things? I do not know, but know it is one of the sad things we have to deal with in CC and includes people from all sides

E

eternally-gratefull

Self decieved, read things and pull things out which are not there so you can attack people who do not believe what you say,
what’s amazing is the gal who is basically reaping all this praise on you judged and condemned people who she claimed did this very thing, yet I guess it’s ok because you give her amu it ion against her enemy.
it’s sad what we have witnessed here lately

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Self decieved, read things and pull things out which are not there so you can attack people who do not believe what you say,
what’s amazing is the gal who is basically reaping all this praise on you judged and condemned people who she claimed did this very thing, yet I guess it’s ok because you give her amu it ion against her enemy.
Did you have a bible question ?

E

eternally-gratefull

Did you have a bible question ?
I am questioning your motive and your understanding of people you are accusing
just like I have others who thought they could come in here and do the same

how can I trust you to understand the Bible when you do not even understand those you accuse who tell you they do not believe what you claim

sorry man, I think we are called to expose those who would cause division by bearing false witness against others

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

how can I trust you to understand the Bible when you do not even understand those you accuse who tell you they do not believe what you claim

sorry man, I think we are called to expose those who would cause division by bearing false witness against others
Hey we have the Internet, youtube and everything. type in ' calvinism works salvation ' and ' Lordship salvation ' . its crystal clear to those who see calvinism for what it is .

E

EleventhHour

None of this is personal... I am speaking about what is in print in the documents not sure why you keep making it that way.

I have no ill will towards @Grandpa at all, I have actually learned quite a bit from him over the years and I recognize he is more moderate in his "Reformed" theology.

I do not understand why you are attaching @throughfaith objections as personal towards @Grandpa

It seems to me that @throughfaith has listened to Paul Washer etc., and is drawing from that ... all @Grandpa has to say I do not agree with it or no that is not how I view it... or I am unfamiliar or yes that is correct.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

I've been on many forums over the years and I have to say your quite an angry person . Hey if its righteous , holy indignation then fine , but your coming across slightly off, you ok ?

E

EleventhHour

Hey we have the Internet, youtube and everything. type in ' calvinism works salvation ' and ' Lordship salvation ' . its crystal clear to those who see calvinism for what it is .
He is making it personal, we are discussing dogma.. not how much people believe of that dogma.
When it gets personal best to leave it alone and I guess it was personal from the start.
Good luck.

E

eternally-gratefull

Sorry dude, if your going to uotube and internet to find your information, you can find anything you want, because it’s easy to look up stuff which agrees with you, whether it’s true or not

enough people have shown you in here that you are wrong about their belief, you continuing to falsely accuse them because you heard something on the internet or YouTube just makes it worse than it already is,

but thanks..

E

eternally-gratefull

I've been on many forums over the years and I have to say your quite an angry person . Hey if its righteous , holy indignation then fine , but your coming across slightly off, you ok ?
I am confronting a sinner who is bearing false witness against my brothers

if I sound angry that’s to bad, as long as you continue I will continue to call you out.

sin is wrong I confessed or acknowledged sin is a danger. And it is a virus which grows and sucks other people in,

E

EleventhHour

Sorry dude, if your going to uotube and internet to find your information, you can find anything you want, because it’s easy to look up stuff which agrees with you, whether it’s true or not

enough people have shown you in here that you are wrong about their belief, you continuing to falsely accuse them because you heard something on the internet or YouTube just makes it worse than it already is,

but thanks..
Paul Washer, R C Sproul, John Piper, James White etc., all well known writers and speakers that adhere to most if not all of the tenets of Calvinism.. it is not about You Tube.

https://www.gracechurch.org/leader/washer/paul

E

EleventhHour

if I sound angry that’s to bad, as long as you continue I will continue to call you out.

sin is wrong I confessed or acknowledged sin is a danger. And it is a virus which grows and sucks other people in,
Where did he ever state @Grandpa believed what he posted?
So how can he be bearing false witness?

Seems to me @Deuteronomy was more than comfortable discussing his beliefs and did not view it as personal attack on him.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020

Pot and kettle springs to mind .

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Where did he ever state @Grandpa believed what he posted?
So how can he be bearing false witness?

Seems to me @Deuteronomy was more than comfortable discussing his beliefs and did not view it as personal attack on him.
yes oddly I'm not being attacked by calvinists ?