The main issues .

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
It simply means that sinners must receive Jesus as BOTH Lord and Christ: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36)

This is not just for "the house of Israel" but for the whole world. And it prevents Easy Believism, since Christ demands to be both Lord and Christ in one's life.

There are many (some here) who hate this idea, but it is God's truth. Even the converted thief on the cross addressed Christ as "Lord". And there is no salvation without receiving Him as Lord: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved... For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Rom 10:9,13)

Because Christ rose from the dead, He is now "the Lord Jesus Christ". Not merely "Jesus" (as so many preachers say).
Ok, like I had said earlier, you can't separate Jesus, He comes to us as both Lord and Savior.

Jan 12, 2019
Right, but as believers in Yeshua we have become partakers in that Covenant through the New Birth.
You cannot be partakers of a Covenant that is not cut yet with the intended group.

I think what you intend to say is that we get salvation from our sins NOW thru being in the Body of Christ, which is correct.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
It simply means that sinners must receive Jesus as BOTH Lord and Christ: Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. (Acts 2:36)

This is not just for "the house of Israel" but for the whole world. And it prevents Easy Believism, since Christ demands to be both Lord and Christ in one's life.

There are many (some here) who hate this idea, but it is God's truth. Even the converted thief on the cross addressed Christ as "Lord". And there is no salvation without receiving Him as Lord: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved... For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. (Rom 10:9,13)

Because Christ rose from the dead, He is now "the Lord Jesus Christ". Not merely "Jesus" (as so many preachers say).
Yes , but I don't refer to the fluffy, virtue signalling, pious version of Lordship salvation , where its sold as simply Jesus being God , messiah , Christ , anointed, Elect, servant ect I completely believe all these titles and more ( Alpha and Omega , King of Kings ect ) . No I'm referring to the works based version that Calvinists and some Arminains teach . Popularised by John Macarthur and Ray comfort ect .

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
No I don't believe that's the case .
Then explain...

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Then explain...

2 Corinthians 5:17 KJV
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
Yes HE is a new creature.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Hard to prove today, but I believe that Christians new spirit man will have GOD'S DNA proving we are His children!
God doesn't have DNA, unless you are speaking metaphorically.
We do have His nature as born again creatures which wills to do His will and please Him always.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Yes HE is a new creature.
And aren't we grafted into the natural olive tree partaking of it's root?

Romans 11:17 (KJV) And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
And aren't we grafted into the natural olive tree partaking of it's root?

Romans 11:17 (KJV) And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Is there something about a covenant there ?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
a lot of teachers teach the Bible as a shortcut for actually reading the whole thing.

You shouldnt rely on one teacher to teach the Bible. They are only ever going to teach you snippets. There will always be things they leave put because learning the Bible is a lifetime endeavour. What is best is the teacher encourages YOU to read the Bible yourself.

The new testament isnt just made up of Pauls letters...theres James and John and Peter too.
The gospel has four different points of view...its not just one.

There isnt just one prophet...there are many. There wasnt just one apostle/disciple. There were 12.

My point is that the Bible is a library of 66 books. Its not just one persons point of view. The doctrines in it all point to Jesus Christ though, they dont point to Paul, Calvin, Armin, or macarthur, or comfort. If people lose sight of this they are missing the Bible, ignoring God and reading it secondhand.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
a lot of teachers teach the Bible as a shortcut for actually reading the whole thing.

You shouldnt rely on one teacher to teach the Bible. They are only ever going to teach you snippets. There will always be things they leave put because learning the Bible is a lifetime endeavour. What is best is the teacher encourages YOU to read the Bible yourself.

The new testament isnt just made up of Pauls letters...theres James and John and Peter too.
The gospel has four different points of view...its not just one.

There isnt just one prophet...there are many. There wasnt just one apostle/disciple. There were 12.

My point is that the Bible is a library of 66 books. Its not just one persons point of view. The doctrines in it all point to Jesus Christ though, they dont point to Paul, Calvin, Armin, or macarthur, or comfort. If people lose sight of this they are missing the Bible, ignoring God and reading it secondhand.
//What is best is the teacher encourages YOU to read the Bible yourself.//
Amen .

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Is there something about a covenant there ?
Yes there is...

Jeremiah 31:33 (KJV) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 10:16 (KJV) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

The land is not included in this one but we are.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yes there is...

Jeremiah 31:33 (KJV) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Hebrews 10:16 (KJV) This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

The land is not included in this one but we are.
Israel. It says Israel ,both times. Future. Its not happened yet for Israel . Why on earth would you think this is our experience? Laws ? in THEIR hearts and in THEIR mind .

"the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel"

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Israel. It says Israel ,both times. Future. Its not happened yet for Israel . Why on earth would you think this is our experience? Laws ? in THEIR hearts and in THEIR mind .

"the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel"
Are you able to walk and chew gum. The Messiah was also for Israel, but that didn't mean the Gentiles weren't partakers due to their rejection.
Just because the promise was originally TO Israel, doesn't mean it wasn't subsequently FOR the Gentiles.
Reread Romans 11.

Jan 12, 2019
Are you able to walk and chew gum. The Messiah was also for Israel, but that didn't mean the Gentiles weren't partakers due to their rejection.
Just because the promise was originally TO Israel, doesn't mean it wasn't subsequently FOR the Gentiles.
Reread Romans 11.
The promise to Israel was that their sins will be forgiven when Jesus returns for them in the 2nd coming (Acts 3:19-21, Romans 11:25-27) to execute the new covenant with them (Hebrews 8:12).

When Israel rejected the Messiah, to make them jealous of us, God offered the Body of Christ the same forgiveness of sins immediately (Ephesians 1:7) when they believe 1 Cor 15:1-4.

We thus become partakers of that spiritual blessing, without having to wait for that new covenant to begin for Israel.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
The promise to Israel was that their sins will be forgiven when Jesus returns for them in the 2nd coming (Acts 3:19-21, Romans 11:25-27) to execute the new covenant with them (Hebrews 8:12).
In the meantime all the Jews who were saved in apostolic times and up until now have not had their sins forgiven. Do you see the ABSURDITY of what you believe?