The mark of beast

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 1, 2020
Sorry - I was referring to the "king of Babylon" in Isaiah 14:4 - that you quoted earlier. I guess I had "king of Tyre" stuck in my head - as, he was mentioned also. Sorry for the confusion.

:eek:
:rolleyes:
:oops:
No problem.

The point was -- did all of the things I mentioned (and more) happen to - for - and because of - "a mere man" . . . ?
Yes, Nebuchadnezzar, the terrible king of the sons of Arphachsad was a mighty and powerful man. God made him powerful and very terrible and gave to him the power to break the nations, but as we see in the book of Daniel he would become very conceited. Like a great tree he shot up high to the clouds, but the watchers cut him down, even to the stump they cut him down so that all would know that God Most High rules over all and God can cast down kings as quickly as he raises them. Quite astoundingly accurate of a prophesy if we consider that Isaiah was an old man in the time of king Hezekiah, about a generation or two before Nebuchadnezzar was even a twinkle in the eye, and a fair few generations before blessed Daniel would be taken a slave into the court of the first Beast King.

Mar 28, 2016
I don't have an answer for that question. What we do know is that Satan went to Eve for the express purpose of deceiving her and Adam. Which shows that Satan was already in a fallen state. in the Genesis time frame. There is a reference the the time before the fall of Satan in the book of Job.
Job 38:7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
Here in Job 38:7 when it says "all" of the sons of God shouted for joy and the morning stars sang for joy it is talking about a time before iniquity was found in Satan and a third of the angels/sons of God fell with him. Satan was one of those morning stars. I don't have any proof so it is simply my opinion but I am thinking it was before the fall and I know that sounds crazy.
Otherwise Satan would be able to be in two places at once. Going to and fro on the earth and standing before the throne at the same time. How was he able to inter into Judas and be standing at the throne at the same time??? Some things Scripture simply isn't clear on and I am ok with that. But there is no question in my mind that Satan was already in a fallen state in the Genesis time frame.
Some teach that the darkness on the earth in Genesis 1:2 is talking about Satan.???
I would offer.

Darkness could be part of the description as with the word night. Night is not considered part of the : "and it was good". It represents evil .

Morning star is another word for messengers as sons of God .. 1 John informs us we are sons of God as those who hold out his message of salvation the gospel in a hope Christ will be formed in them . A reflection of his unseen glory .

The bright and morning star is different. It as the bright points to the author of our new faith A reflection of his Son working together with the father to make night darkness a thing of the past. The gospel of light

We follow his reflection as it works in us to both will and do His good pleasure. Morning stars reflect the love. They are not the bright source of it.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.Revelation 21: 22-25

Rondonmon

May 13, 2016
I Believe, that the sad truth is, that most of peoples, and also christians (if not all) have already taken the mark of beast, and not even knowing it. As I see it, it is not a some chip, which by the way is implanted in left hand, not right. I believe that the mark of the beast is metaphora for some values which, if we adopt, we take the mark. In right hand it may mean, that you give your right hand to beast by example working for wrong cause, giving your time and effor of your hand, not the work of God, but for the beast, and so for this world, like peoples are doing. and by doing so taking the mark in they right hand. And in head it may mean, that you are some kind of leader person in beast organisation, and so giving your head to beast.

Chip tecnology is already well known and used. What is the difference if you carry the chip in your wallet, like we all do, or under your skin? Is this really the difference between righteousness and unrighteusness, Heven and Hell? Or are the mankind along with churches just lost they way, like it was predicted to happen, and now they just stumbeling with they vain wisdome not even knowing the ture enemy of they soul because of the blinding love of this world which they have?

It is so easy and tempting to sift this whole beast danger in to so simple thing as dont just take the micro chip, and you will be ok. But it is not so simple, as we would might like to see it.

Who do you hand serve? Who do your mind serve? These are the right questions which we should ask for ourselves.

Be aware
It's a CHOICE.....Chose you this day whom ye will serve was the Moses Axiom. It doesn't change. God doesn't deal with TRICKING PEOPLE into going to hell, this is such utter................just not even worthy of our thought process, to be honest.

The Mark of the Beast is a mark one must take in order to buy or sell. I have seen a video or read about how in 1st Century Rome under Nero, that had stores set up and when you came in you had to mark yourself with a black marker of some type in order to signify you were paying homage to a certain god, maybe to Nero, or else you couldn't buy or sell. I think John saw all this and Jesus showed him it was going to be the same way in the end times.

It doesn't matter what the MARK....or the CHOICE is, you will know it when you see it.{I will not be here anyway, I don't know about you guys, I guess those who don't understand the Pre Trib Rapture will still be taken, screaming and shouting, LOL}

No one is going to hell for not understanding what the Mark of the Beast is, it will go down like this.....Do you John Doe signify that the E.U. President {fill in his name} is the god above all gods ? If you say yes you will be Marked if you say no you will be killed. If you are smart you will not try to buy anything, better have a place deep in the woods, in a cave, with a bunch of Rations !!

I will be in Heaven marrying the Lamb at that time.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Feb 1, 2020
Did Judas become a devil on his own ? Did Jesus see/talk to satan in the desert ? When the sons of God married the daughters of men did they not take on their wives idols they brought in whereby idolatry satan enters in and all become corrupt .. Did Satan enter in with Jobs sons, their houses on their appointed feast days ?
Does Satan not enter in our churches at times even today ?
Judas Iscariot became a liar when he was possessed of the lies of the Devil, when his heart sought the cursed silver. What an evil man Judas was and he showed how full of the Devil's lies he was when he betrayed the Son of Man with a kiss.

Yes, Jesus saw the dragon named Satan when he came to foolishly try to tempt Jesus. This is a very interesting episode in the Bible as we see that the old dragon tries to use the same Three Lies he used in the Garden upon Lord Jesus. However unlike the woman, and unlike Adam, Lord Jesus resists the Three Lies.

It does not say if they had idols before the Flood. The first named idol maker in the Bible is Terah the father of Abraham when they lived in the city of Ur. We also know that Noah and at least Shem and Japheth believed in and knew God. So by a logical inference idolatry had to have begun sometime after Shem, Ham, and Japheth and sometime slightly before or during the life of Terah. It seems by studying ancient history and the fact all the races had idols, and that the old order of pagan religions being highly racial in nature, that idolatry and the worship of demons probably began near the start of the races spreading out across the earth after the Tower of Babel. As for those wicked angels that fell before the Flood, they fell because they were seduced by the beauty of the daughters of man. Though I wouldn't worry too much about the first fallen angels because they have been confined under the earth in chains of darkness until the end.

Satan was granted permission to afflict Job's family, yes. A whirlwind smote their house and killed many, and a band of robbers came and killed and enslaved the others. Perhaps indeed Satan, the liar-breathing dragon stirred their hearts to do such, but we are just told what happened to them.

I suppose many of the churches upon the earth let in the worthless animal and his breath of lies, but I haven't been to all of them. Though I would say a good number of the ones I have been to are definitely overrun, though from my observation it is usually the spirit named wickedness, the slut from the ephah that was sealed with the curse long a go in the land of Shinar, and her deadly cup of fornications which many drink out of, that are the biggest bane of the modern churches and their members.

Mar 28, 2016
It's a CHOICE.....Chose you this day whom ye will serve was the Moses Axiom. It doesn't change. God doesn't deal with TRICKING PEOPLE into going to hell, this is such utter................just not even worthy of our thought process, to be honest.

The Mark of the Beast is a mark one must take in order to buy or sell. I have seen a video or read about how in 1st Century Rome under Nero, that had stores set up and when you came in you had to mark yourself with a black marker of some type in order to signify you were paying homage to a certain god, maybe to Nero, or else you couldn't buy or sell. I think John saw all this and Jesus showed him it was going to be the same way in the end times.

It doesn't matter what the MARK....or the CHOICE is, you will know it when you see it.{I will not be here anyway, I don't know about you guys, I guess those who don't understand the Pre Trib Rapture will still be taken, screaming and shouting, LOL}

No one is going to hell for not understanding what the Mark of the Beast is, it will go down like this.....Do you John Doe signify that the E.U. President {fill in his name} is the god above all gods ? If you say yes you will be Marked if you say no you will be killed. If you are smart you will not try to buy anything, better have a place deep in the woods, in a cave, with a bunch of Rations !!

I will be in Heaven marrying the Lamb at that time.
I would agree not a salvation issue. But more of. . How can we hear God and seek His approval ? Selling the buying and selling has to do with the gospel truth .

Esau sold that seeing no value in spiritual unseen maters of faith just as Cain the restless wanderer in the Genesis 4 murdering the first martyr, Abel . The foundation of the 666 doctrine. The mark of Cain. No sabbath rest. .

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

It would seem many of the sign and wonders seekers have made it future. Christ will come on the last day as a thief in the night. All in the twinkling of the eyes.

bojack

Dec 16, 2019
Judas Iscariot became a liar when he was possessed of the lies of the Devil, when his heart sought the cursed silver. What a evil Judas showed how full of the Devil's lies he was when he betrayed the Son of Man with a kiss.

Yes, Jesus saw the dragon named Satan when he came to foolishly try to tempt Jesus. This is a very interesting episode in the Bible as we see that the old dragon tries to use the same Three Lies he used in the Garden upon Lord Jesus. However unlike the woman, and unlike Adam, Lord Jesus resists the Three Lies.

It does not say if they had idols before the Flood. The first named idol maker in the Bible is Terah the father Abraham when they lived in the city of Ur. We also know that Noah and at least Shem and Japheth believed in and knew God. So by a logical inference idolatry had to have begun sometime after Shem, Ham, and Japheth and sometime slightly before or during the life of Terah. It seems by studying ancient history and the fact all the races had idols, and that the old order of pagan religions being highly racial in nature, that idolatry and the worship of demons probably began near the start of the races spreading out across the earth after the Tower of Babel. As for those wicked angels that fell before the Flood, they fell because they were seduced by the beauty of the daughters of man. Though I wouldn't worry too much about the first fallen angels because they have been confined under the earth in chains of darkness until the end.

Satan was granted permission to afflict Job's family, yes. A whirlwind smote their house and killed many, and a band of robbers came and killed and enslaved the others. Perhaps indeed Satan, the liar-breathing dragon stirred their hearts to do such, but we are just told what happened to them.

I suppose many of the churches upon the earth let in the worthless animal and his breath of lies, but I haven't been to all of them. Though I would say a good number of the ones I have been to are definitely overrun, though from my observation it is usually the spirit named wickedness, the slut from the ephah that was sealed with the curse long a go in the land of Shinar, and her deadly cup of fornications which many drink out of, that are the biggest bane of the modern churches and their members.
What was Joshua talking about here
14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Feb 1, 2020
What was Joshua talking about here
14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.
15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.
It seems Joshua is telling the Israelites to decide to serve Lord God and live and inherit the land that God promised them, or elsewise to go into bondage and affliction by serving the false gods of the Egyptians, Amorites, and the false gods from the other side of the flood. A very interesting verse!

massorite

Jan 3, 2015
I would offer.

Darkness could be part of the description as with the word night. Night is not considered part of the : "and it was good". It represents evil .

Morning star is another word for messengers as sons of God .. 1 John informs us we are sons of God as those who hold out his message of salvation the gospel in a hope Christ will be formed in them . A reflection of his unseen glory .

The bright and morning star is different. It as the bright points to the author of our new faith A reflection of his Son working together with the father to make night darkness a thing of the past. The gospel of light

We follow his reflection as it works in us to both will and do His good pleasure. Morning stars reflect the love. They are not the bright source of it.

Revelation 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.Revelation 21: 22-25
(y)

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
In Revelation 1:1 and Revelation 22:6 it says that the Revelation(it's words) were going to come to pass as if they had not yet happened. In Luke if it is the same as Revelation 12:9 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+12&version=KJV then why is Jesus saying it would come to pass if it had happened already? That is Luke 10:18 would need to be written and fulfilled after Revelation 12 correct?

Somehow it is often neglected to bare in mind that in the Revelation it states that none was found worthy to look on the Scroll with 7 seals until after the Lamb was slain https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation+5&version=KJV ...

Now in order to develop certain views it is not considered that if Jesus is speaking of Revelation 12:9 in Luke 10:18 then Revelation 5 is no longer accurate because it is no longer true that is it was loosed and looked upon before Jesus the lamb was slain in supporting those views.

Mar 19, 2020
I hear what you are saying my man. All I know is, stay close to God and things work out nice and right. Live a good life by truly sticking close to God, as much as your capacity at the time allows. Peace, love and freedom from New Zealand.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
There is nothing in Revelation which would lead you (or anyone) to conclude that the Mark of the Beast is metaphorical.

While we may not know exactly what form it will take, it will clearly be an identifying mark for each person under the reign of the Antichrist, who has submitted to him. Those who refuse to do so will be killed (beheaded). Given the technology that exists, an electronic chip with the number 666 + another series of numbers would fulfil that prophecy for millions.

The Seventh Day Adventists have wrongly claimed that Sunday worship = taking the Mark of the Beast. However, that is nonsensical for the simple reason that God has limited the total control of the world by Satan and the Antichrist to just 3 1/2 years. But according to the SDAs it has been around for hundreds of years.
Isn't Beast it self are mathaphor of some kind of empire?

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
I hear what you are saying my man. All I know is, stay close to God and things work out nice and right. Live a good life by truly sticking close to God, as much as your capacity at the time allows. Peace, love and freedom from New Zealand.
Happy to hear that. Greetings from Finland.

MikkoAinasoja

Nov 19, 2014
Hmmmm....

I do NOT believe taking the mark of the beast will be something done without awareness. Afterall, we are held accountable for making that "CHOICE".
There is a choice to live accrding to Bible. And if one do so, he will be grown to awarenes to separate good and evil of this world. Choosing beast is might be no more, than choosing a normal life of man of today.