The Miracle on the Bridge

  • Thread starter Thread starter Brighthouse
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
B

Brighthouse

Guest
Some years ago I was in a place called Clarksville Indiana it is only about 5 miles from Louisville, Kentucky. It was early evening as i was walking home from church,as i was going across a bridge I saw a man about 35 his clothes were badly torn,had a great deal of dirt on him, as if he was living under the bridge itself!

Iasked him if he needed a place to sleep for the night,his reply was" i have no place to rest my head" I did not get it at the time,i should of though!! LOL I asked him his name, to which he said"It is never a name that is important, but rather the deed done to a name that matters" humm ok,still I did not get it!! LOL

So I told him he could use the shower if he wished to clean up,made a cot up for him to sleep in,I was looking to make small talk but he seemed as though he was not where i was? Like in some sort of a trance. He did not say much of anything! I offered him some food to which he did eat,which made me glad of that at least!

So we went to sleep. When i woke about 7am to check on him,he was gone. It did not look like he slept in the cot at all,for the cot was completely clean! Nor even the blankets had been used?? Upon the pillow was small note,as i read the note which only said (Hebrews 13:2) i raced to get my bible out,and as i read the scripture two large tears began to form from my eyes."

Do not Neglect to show hospitality to strangers,for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it!" I was visited?? YES I WAS!!! In prayer that night Holy Spirit came into my room,i know who he was because I could not see,for the room had filled with such a HOLY light upon me! He said eph 3:17-19!!)For the fruit of any gift is always given as well as received,by this all will know you are my disciple( john 13:35)

I could not move or speak for a while but understood now in my mind what the Breath,and length,and height,and depth was to so great a love given to us by our Jesus! And the best part of his love is always in the giving of his LOVE!! amen!

I truly have so many blessing to share with you all,But i must be led by Holy Spirit even as you all are! i know this is for someone,I do not know who,but I trust the Lord does know,and will give great comfort to someone through the words he has given me to speak upon his wonderful Miracle on the Bridge!( 2 cor 1:2-7)