I do not believe that baptism saves, I believe it is a necessary condition. Even Israel was baptized...
1Co 10:1 Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea;
1Co 10:2 And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
They were baptized in type, yet they were baptized. It is a necessary condition.
I agree concerning Israel, and so were the children of Israel that entered the land as the Jordon was stacked for the new generation that grew up in the wilderness...It is an identifier and disassociates us and distinguishes us as separate from the world that is guilty and still in sin.....My stance is that it does not save, and or add to salvation as that is complete in Jesus.....it is the first act of obedience, is a work of righteousness and states to the world in a public way that you are dead to the old man, buried with Christ and resurrected a new creation in Christ Jesus........!
Baptism is to the N.T. what circumcision was to the O.T. and Abraham.....Abraham had faith and a name change and was directed by God before he had circumcision...It is an identifier.....!