The MQ/muti-quote button is your friend.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
Gee, I make a post back in December and no one comments. Seven months later I'm kind enough to sticky the thread and NOW I get hung out to dry. :p
Well, thanks for stickying this thread, Jim. Is that good enough; I can be nice on the forums and tease you in the chat room? :p :]

T

Tumaini

*multi quote not muti quote. I made a typo on my title. Yup.

This is just an FYI thing cause I've noticed for a while some of you complicating the reply process in threads. Here's a way to save yourself some clicks:
When you want to quote and reply to multiple people on a thread, look at the lower right corner of the first person's post and click the button that says MQ, go to the next person you want to quote and click MQ there too and so on. When you get to the last person you want to quote, then click the normal "quote" button like you always do. Then every post you selected will appear in your reply window.
Thanks for this info Nice Guy..and now am making use of what i have learnt.

But I was going to thank YOU, J! Hehe, thanks for showing us how to do this, and for Jullianna for telling me where it was.

I can see we are many of us who needed this lesson.

Gabe, I think Jim meant cuz he's a mod and can edit anytime he wants. I think we should do something about this arrogance; perhaps we should meet up in appropriate ninja gear and think of a plan. No, wait. If you put on warrior gear and THEN try to think of a plan of attack, you end up on the news in the "dumbest criminals" files. *sigh* I suppose we should just ignore it; that's probably why you said what you said anyway, Gabe; to mentally put it aside... :( :) hehe
I know that all the regulars here who read my last post will know that it was just a joke, but since a lot of people who have English as their second language come to this site, I probably shouldn't have said it. I don't want to be misunderstood.
Am glad English is not my second language.;)

A

Ariel82

This is just an FYI thing cause I've noticed for a while some of you complicating the reply process in threads. Here's a way to save yourself some clicks:
When you want to quote and reply to multiple people on a thread, look at the lower right corner of the first person's post and click the button that says MQ, go to the next person you want to quote and click MQ there too and so on. When you get to the last person you want to quote, then click the normal "quote" button like you always do. Then every post you selected will appear in your reply window.
Thanks, thats cool. :)
Thank you :) Sorry to have been clogging up the threads. haha

hey it works! YAAH!!!

wonder if the picture shows up

S

Shouryu

hey it works! YAAH!!!

wonder if the picture shows up

It will, as well as videos, if you do not delete the code-tagging and their contents. The code tags will come up in the reply window that you can edit.

seekingg

Jul 13, 2012

this is a test i clicked the first post """ and the last post ""

Jilly81

Jan 16, 2011
It didn't work, Seekingg. You need to click the button right below the "like" button on the first post you want to quote, then click the "reply with quote" button on the last post you want to quote. Then both posts will be in your reply.

I

IloveyouGod

Hello there,

I joined CC only yesterday. I have a feeling I might be doing something wrong when replying to a private message. I don't know if the other person gets it or not? cuz it's a bit confusing.

Will you test it with me. So reply to my message and I will reply back to you and you confirm with me if you have received my reply.

Thank you,

U

Ugly

When someone PMs you all you have to do is type in your response at the bottom then hit 'Submit Message'. That's all there is to it.

J

Jullianna

Hello there,

I joined CC only yesterday. I have a feeling I might be doing something wrong when replying to a private message. I don't know if the other person gets it or not? cuz it's a bit confusing.

Will you test it with me. So reply to my message and I will reply back to you and you confirm with me if you have received my reply.

Thank you,
If you are PMing in chat, your response will show in the PM box, so I'm guessing you mean CC mail. Look in your sent mail folder for your response (top lefthand corner on your "Settings" page).

God bless! :)

S

Sonpointer

Ok, I think I get it!

S

Sonpointer

Ok, ok, now I REALLY get it.:D

If you are PMing in chat, your response will show in the PM box, so I'm guessing you mean CC mail. Look in your sent mail folder for your response (top lefthand corner on your "Settings" page).

God bless! :)
When someone PMs you all you have to do is type in your response at the bottom then hit 'Submit Message'. That's all there is to it.

A

abbiejean

How do you get the name of the person who said it? I am getting the quote box, but not originally posted by...... in the quote box.

A

abbiejean

trial run...

A

abbiejean

well, I think I got it. :)