The Natural Man

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
I have explained the natural man is alienated from God....he can’t be regenerated until God chooses to save him,once we are saved,we are still in the flesh,but we have the Spirit of Christ....
We continue to die to our old self.our own sinful nature.
From 1 cor2. 14 ?

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
Northeast Pennsylvania USA
1 cor 2:14
New International Version
The person without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God but considers them foolishness, and cannot understand them because they are discerned only through the Spirit.

New Living Translation
But people who aren’t spiritual can’t receive these truths from God’s Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they can’t understand it, for only those who are spiritual can understand what the Spirit means.

English Standard Version
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Christian Standard Bible
But the person without the Spirit does not receive what comes from God's Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually.

Good News Translation
Whoever does not have the Spirit cannot receive the gifts that come from God's Spirit. Such a person really does not understand them, and they seem to be nonsense, because their value can be judged only on a spiritual basis.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But the unbeliever does not welcome what comes from God's Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually.

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
Galatians 5:22-23 KJV
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Take for example, faith. A natural person wouldn't have faith to build an ark, or part the red sea, or destroy the walls of Jericho, etc. To them, such things are impossible and sound crazy. The world today trusts in science. They don't believe miracles can happen.

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
Yes,it’s self explanatory.Cor 2:14.
They are not the same. See 1 Corinthians 1, addressed to saved and also carnal.
But the main point Paul is writing is the Report from the household of Chloe . The carnal behaviour of these corinth believers . They are being influenced by the worldly wisdom . The focus is all bout them . Where as the Spiritual ( mature ) man is the Goal paul wants them all to mature . But they are unable as yet at that time .

Feb 28, 2016
absolutely TRUE,
we need to consider the 'whole council of God' on every subject,
from Genesis to Revelation...

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
I guess you're talking about:
1 Cor 1:11
New American Standard Bible
For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe's people, that there are quarrels among you.

New King James Version
For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s household, that there are contentions among you.

Christian Standard Bible
For it has been reported to me about you, my brothers and sisters, by members of Chloe's people, that there is rivalry among you.

Contemporary English Version
Several people from Chloe's family have already reported to me that you keep arguing with each other.

It's just talking about quarreling and arguing. There's your carnal behavior.

E

EleventhHour

and there we have the solution to most error in understanding scripture (y)
It took time for me to really grasp this...ironically it was a deep study on the flaws of Calvinism that I really got it!!!

Feb 28, 2016
may we pray for The Holy Spirit to enlighten us and teach us
our Father's Holy ways...

DiscipleA

Apr 17, 2020
Oh....
1 Cor 3:3
New American Standard Bible
for you are still fleshly. For since there is jealousy and strife among you, are you not fleshly, and are you not walking like mere men?

New King James Version
for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men?

Berean Study Bible
for you are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and dissension among you, are you not worldly? Are you not walking in the way of man?

New Living Translation
for you are still controlled by your sinful nature. You are jealous of one another and quarrel with each other. Doesn’t that prove you are controlled by your sinful nature? Aren’t you living like people of the world?

Contemporary English Version
because you are not yet spiritual. You are jealous and argue with each other. This proves you are not spiritual and you are acting like the people of this world.

Still talking about quarreling and arguing.

E

EleventhHour

Actually that verse is pretty straight forward. A non-spiritual person doesn't accept spiritual things.
1 Corinthians 2:14.

Read it very carefully and in context ...
The comparison here is NOT natural man with the spiritual man ...

the contrast is between human wisdom and divine revelation.

He is stating if you rely on human wisdom (philosophies) you cannot understand the divine revelation.

E

EleventhHour

All of the above. A natural man has human wisdom and a spiritual man has divine revelation.
It does not mean the natural man cannot believe the Gospel... it is not a proof text for total inability.